What's the best android tablet out right now?

SID3232

Sorry if this has already been covered somewhere but I'm looking to buy and android tablet for a friend of mine and I was wondering if I could get some suggestions on which one to get. I'm and iOS guy so I'm really not that familiar with them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Sorry if this has already been covered somewhere but I'm looking to buy and android tablet for a friend of mine and I was wondering if I could get some suggestions on which one to get. I'm and iOS guy so I'm really not that familiar with them.

The new Nexus 7 certainly takes the crown as the best tablet for the price.  If you want a 10" tablet then I would look at the new Galaxy Tabs, Asus Transformer Prime, or the Nexus 10.

• Like 1

Another vote for the Nexus 7 2013. I own one, and it's amazing, especially for the price. One of the best Android devices I've ever used. Smooth, fast, awesome screen...

• Like 1

Oh, another thing about the Nexus 7 2013, it's apparently a TANK. I keep dropping mine (because I've been using it as a large phone and keeping it in my pants pockets and silly things like that), and it's got nothing more than a scratch on the screen. I'm afraid that I'm eventually going to destroy the digitizer, but eh.

If I'm correct it goes to the Nexus or galaxy note 10.1 2014 edition(when it's out). For functionality the note 10.1 is a great tablet for school, work, and even everyday use

It depends on the persons needs. (and your budget too)

I personally like the multiple window view of the Samsung Note series and the latest one seems to have gotten good reviews. But it is in the over 10 inch category, plus it has Touchwiz which some may not like that overlay. Take away Touchwiz and go down in screen size and the Nexus 7 is the obvious choice. 

TS

• Like 1

I totally agree on the note 10.1. If you don't need the handwriting capability then it is a little bit pricey though and I would probably personally wait for the Nexus 10. I want the handwriting though so the 10 .1 is the obvious choice for me and I love it. There is nothing that I do not like about this tablet so far. I also did not even consider the 7 inch version because I want the ability to write on a full size sheet of paper without having to scroll the screen.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

It really depends on your needs and budget. Some tablets don't allow you to add a sd card or attach a card reader to expand the storage. You may prefer amoled to lcd, you may want a keyboard dock with an extra built in battery, theres 7 8 10 and 12 inch options etc :) Given the latest tablets from sony, google, asus, samsung and lg are all pretty darn awesome theres more chance of you choosing the wrong features for you than choosing an actual bad tablet. Even ainol are making some decent stuff these days. 

Personally I am loving amoled and samsungs handwriting recognition on the note 3 so that will be a factor when I pick a new tablet. Thats not to say those are things you should consider :) I would decide if there is any must have features then just find which tablets have those then pick the cheapest based on special offers at the time. A trip to somewhere like best buy should allow you to play with a few and see if theres any quirks that might put you off or things you especially want after using one. 

• 2 weeks later...

Lg pad 8.3 is being over looked here. And specs put all galaxy tabs to shame. Samsung cant even figure out how to put a 1080p screen on a tablet lol

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Pretty sure they Galaxy Note 10.1 has the same resolution as the Nexus 10...

Well Too bad The Samung ATIV Q( I believe it was this model) Got scrapped. It was going to have Windows 8 RT, with an Android running through the A emulator I believe. I wish I could of seen how well it performed. If It could of dual booted into either windows or Android, that would be a nice feature. But I still think the Asus Padfone, is also a Pretty Cool idea

But I still think the Asus Padfone, is also a Pretty Cool idea

Interesting idea.  Kludgy implementation.  Terrible name.

AJ

• Like 1

Interesting idea.  Kludgy implementation.  Terrible name.

AJ

I saw it and had a post about it a week or so ago. If only the Tab dock station had its own dedicated battery, than it would be worth it. I am still curious to see if another company comes up with something similar.

I saw it and had a post about it a week or so ago. If only the Tab dock station had its own dedicated battery, than it would be worth it. I am still curious to see if another company comes up with something similar.

The physical tab A -> slot B concept is never going to fly.  That would have been seen as revolutionary a decade ago but not now.  Plus, you still have to carry around two devices.  Only the most cost conscious consumers might be attracted to this.  And it ropes them into the same phone -> tablet OEM in a weird sexual relationship.

AJ

• Like 1

The physical tab A -> slot B concept is never going to fly.  That would have been seen as revolutionary a decade ago but not now.  Plus, you still have to carry around two devices.  Only the most cost conscious consumers might be attracted to this.  And it ropes them into the same phone -> tablet OEM in a weird sexual relationship.

AJ

Yeah I can see how it would cut into the tablet part for them. But for a conpany entering, it would be a good idea. I was thinking more along the lines of having a screen/mouse keyboard combo, and have something like the surface attach and it display on the screen. And you use it like an all in one. But probably a failed experiment, or not worth it