LG G2 Users Thread!

koiulpoi

It's not about minute usage, it's about coverage enhancement. You could be at a location where wifi is available and Sprint's cell signal is very weak.  Like inside my house. Sprint service is spotty to non-existent depending on which room I'm standing in. But my wifi signal covers my entire house. 

It would be like your very own Airave that is always with you. :)

• Like 1

And actually works consistently instead of you phone bouncing around to the bad spring signal then into your airave and then back and forth until your battery is at 15% by 7pm and you haven't hardly used the phone at all. I love and hate my airave...

• Like 1

Which would be very handy for me right now since my Airave died. New one won't be here for a couple of days!

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

It's not about minute usage, it's about coverage enhancement. You could be at a location where wifi is available and Sprint's cell signal is very weak.  Like inside my house. Sprint service is spotty to non-existent depending on which room I'm standing in. But my wifi signal covers my entire house. 

thank you for explaining this,   I am in Central Indiana,  and Sprint coverage is excellent pretty much where ever I go.  I get good LTE service at work and at home not to mention the commute in-between.  I keep forgetting that not everyone has the same "lucky" experience that I have with Sprint.  

Thank you for level-setting me on this,   now it makes perfect sense.

• Like 2

I have an issue with my g2 and I'm hoping one of you know the answer. Since I've owned it, I've never been able to consistently get a GPS lock, and Bluetooth crackles when the screen is coming on or dimming away while on a call. I've tried tinkering with every setting possible. I've also read that this phone has some GPS/Bluetooth issues. Anyone ever experience this? Do I possibly have a defective phone? I probably should have done something within 14 days but I didn't. I have the tep plan added to my account. How does a repair work? In store? Or, does it need to be shipped to LG? Thanks.

thank you for explaining this, I am in Central Indiana, and Sprint coverage is excellent pretty much where ever I go. I get good LTE service at work and at home not to mention the commute in-between. I keep forgetting that not everyone has the same "lucky" experience that I have with Sprint.

Thank you for level-setting me on this, now it makes perfect sense.

Sprint coverage is good here pretty much everywhere else I go. It's just a fluke of my neighborhood that my house is just far enough in the middle to be in a dead spot between towers. When sprint gets 800 voice working around here it'll be better, but who knows when that'll be.

I have an issue with my g2 and I'm hoping one of you know the answer. Since I've owned it, I've never been able to consistently get a GPS lock, and Bluetooth crackles when the screen is coming on or dimming away while on a call. I've tried tinkering with every setting possible. I've also read that this phone has some GPS/Bluetooth issues. Anyone ever experience this? Do I possibly have a defective phone? I probably should have done something within 14 days but I didn't. I have the tep plan added to my account. How does a repair work? In store? Or, does it need to be shipped to LG? Thanks.

Just take it to a store. Tell them what's going on. They should swap it out. It should be covered by warranty even if you didn't pay for TEP. The one you get in exchange may or may not be a refurb though.

Just take it to a store. Tell them what's going on. They should swap it out. It should be covered by warranty even if you didn't pay for TEP. The one you get in exchange may or may not be a refurb though.

So sprint will actually swap it out on the spot without having to ship it? Their website says "replacements will arrive in 3-4 business days."

So sprint will actually swap it out on the spot without having to ship it? Their website says "replacements will arrive in 3-4 business days."

Are you talking a TEP replacement? Because you generally only go through TEP if phone is completely broken. I.e. Cracked screen, cracked body, etc.

It depends. You might luck out and the store will have some there. If not they will order one. The few times I had to replace a phone it usually took a day. And I don't remember having to give up the old one until the new one came in.

Are you talking a TEP replacement? Because you generally only go through TEP if phone is completely broken. I.e. Cracked screen, cracked body, etc.

It depends. You might luck out and the store will have some there. If not they will order one. The few times I had to replace a phone it usually took a day. And I don't remember having to give up the old one until the new one came in.

I pay for the insurance (tep), but doesn't that also cover repairs in a store? Or would the store repair it no matter what.

TEP is total equipment protection which means you are covered for repairs and also exchanges. If the store cannot fix it they have to exchange it. If the store is a Corp store they have the option to swap for the same device if they have one that someone else never picked up. They don't just keep them on hand.

Also without tep an exchange/repair would cost $75. Your warranty is through the manufacturer not through the carrier.

Save yourself the trip to the store and do a hard reset and see if it helps. If not then let the store have at it.

TEP is total equipment protection which means you are covered for repairs and also exchanges. If the store cannot fix it they have to exchange it. If the store is a Corp store they have the option to swap for the same device if they have one that someone else never picked up. They don't just keep them on hand.

Also without tep an exchange/repair would cost $75. Your warranty is through the manufacturer not through the carrier.

Save yourself the trip to the store and do a hard reset and see if it helps. If not then let the store have at it.

This is not entirely true.

If it is something that is covered by ESRP, the store will repair the device if possible, or order a replacement. Sometimes, they will have a replacement on hand. Ordered replacements arrive within 3-4 days (usually 2-3). This is limited to 2 free claims per year I believe before there is a deductible of $25 per incident for future claims. Without TEP/ESRP there is a $75 fee for repair/exchange.

If it is something that falls under the ERP portion of the TEP coverage (cracked screen, liquid damage, etc.), you must go through Asurion with the $100+ deductible.

If there is anything on the device that would cause it to fall under ERP instead of the in-store coverage (even if your issue isn't related) you must go through Asurion.

This is not entirely true.

If it is something that is covered by ESRP, the store will repair the device if possible, or order a replacement. Sometimes, they will have a replacement on hand. Ordered replacements arrive within 3-4 days (usually 2-3). This is limited to 2 free claims per year I believe before there is a deductible of $25 per incident for future claims. Without TEP/ESRP there is a $75 fee for repair/exchange.

If it is something that falls under the ERP portion of the TEP coverage (cracked screen, liquid damage, etc.), you must go through Asurion with the $100+ deductible.

If there is anything on the device that would cause it to fall under ERP instead of the in-store coverage (even if your issue isn't related) you must go through Asurion.

This is almost exactly what I just said. Just more specific. No part of what I said was false at all.

This is almost exactly what I just said. Just more specific. No part of what I said was false at all.

The store is not required to give a replacement device. That was where you were incorrect.

Being a technician in a store I can't tell you how many times we had people come in demanding a replacement for issues with their device that either did not exist (network issues primarily), issues that were caused by third-party apps (most of them), an issue that was repairable (not requiring a replacement), or a phone that was damaged in some way that negated our ability to work on them (primarily physical or liquid damage). A store is not required to replace a device, and I see it  get posted all over the internet that they are required to.

The technicians have nearly full control over whether a device gets repaired, replaced, or sent to insurance based on many different criteria, and doing so simply at a customer's request or demand is not on that list.

Perhaps I'm a little jaded after 7 years of working in wireless retail sales and support (I did both), but it is extremely helpful when a customer comes in with realistic expectations, not an inflated sense of what will happen based on a poorly worded sentence. These types of statements are the ones that some people take as fact, when they aren't and cling to when told otherwise.

I know it's not the way you intended it, but without it being clarified there likely would be someone that would take it as face value and cause an issue in a retail store at some point in the future, something that is easily corrected with proper information.

• Like 4

Thank you, guys. I'm guessing having the phone rooted will make the technician just hand it back to me and say "sorry," right?

Sent from my Nexus 5

Having a rooted device does not negate any device coverage. Sprint's official policy is that rooted devices are worked on.

Custom ROMs however are not covered in store. There is no way to reliably say that a custom ROM did not adversely affect the phone in some way to cause the issue (unlikely, but impossible to prove so policy is built without making techs make that decision). That doesn't mean you won't get a tech that is willing to bend the rule if it is obvious it's not related, but expect issues if you aren't running the latest official software.

• Like 5

The store is not required to give a replacement device. That was where you were incorrect.

Being a technician in a store I can't tell you how many times we had people come in demanding a replacement for issues with their device that either did not exist (network issues primarily), issues that were caused by third-party apps (most of them), an issue that was repairable (not requiring a replacement), or a phone that was damaged in some way that negated our ability to work on them (primarily physical or liquid damage). A store is not required to replace a device, and I see it get posted all over the internet that they are required to.

The technicians have nearly full control over whether a device gets repaired, replaced, or sent to insurance based on many different criteria, and doing so simply at a customer's request or demand is not on that list.

Perhaps I'm a little jaded after 7 years of working in wireless retail sales and support (I did both), but it is extremely helpful when a customer comes in with realistic expectations, not an inflated sense of what will happen based on a poorly worded sentence. These types of statements are the ones that some people take as fact, when they aren't and cling to when told otherwise.

I know it's not the way you intended it, but without it being clarified there likely would be someone that would take it as face value and cause an issue in a retail store at some point in the future, something that is easily corrected with proper information.

yes but many techs dont know what they are talking about or just they try to avoid a replacement, and yes i know already the first things they do is a factory reset but sometimes that is just a temporary fix , i had so many issues with techs that i just dropped TPE . i had an iPhone 5 the LCD or Digitazer was bad that will randomly stop responding to touch, so i went to the sprint store and they said it was due to an app, work for two days back to the sprint store same thing factory reset, after almost three months and six sprint stores i left my phone there for 3 days went back and the sales rep was showing me how it was fixed and is working fine, than the phones locks and finally tech agrees to order me a replacement, you think you fixed the issue maybe they go to a different store.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

This popped in my Google play store requesting an update. Can someone explain or confirm this as sprint software? post-209-139880341846_thumb.jpg

Edited by boiker

I have never updated it.. Been on my a long time.. Don't know what it is and not gonna update it without a description.. Who knows, may be something I need.. Lol

This popped in my Google play store requesting an update. Can someone explain or confirm this as sprint software? attachicon.gifuploadfromtaptalk1398803416692.jpg

I believe it is sprint. I got it. Nothing too noticeably different.

Greetings to all.

In the last few days, the earpiece speaker on my G2 has got really hard to hear from and "tinny" if you know what I mean.

The people I am talking to can hear me clearly with no problem, I am just having a problem hearing them.

Calls seem to come in and go out as normal.

Any ideas or suggestions on this?

Thanks.

Mav.   :ninja:

Edited by VW Maverick

Hope I'm not to late to the game, but you might want to try enabling/disabling (as applicable) the Qualcomm Izat app if you still have it on your phone. I remember reading somewhere (sorry - don't remember where, so no linky; it was before I got my G2) that some people's GPS issues were related to that app. Worth a shot, anyway.

• Like 1

This popped in my Google play store requesting an update. Can someone explain or confirm this as sprint software? attachicon.gifuploadfromtaptalk1398803416692.jpg

It is most likely a background APK used by one of the built-in feature testing apps accessed from the dialer codes.