LG G2 Users Thread!

koiulpoi

So question...how did any of you change your LTE icons in the status bar to say ATT or VZW icons? Do any of you have a quick easy way to do it? I think it was mentioned, but don't feel like going on a 99 page scavenger hunt....:-P

Thanks

Kris

So question...how did any of you change your LTE icons in the status bar to say ATT or VZW icons? Do any of you have a quick easy way to do it? I think it was mentioned, but don't feel like going on a 99 page scavenger hunt....:-P

Thanks

Kris

You mean like this on my G2

A8Af6uo.jpg

• Like 1

Hi,

I have been following the forums for a long time now, and this website has to have the best up to date information. 

I am a Verizon subscriber for at least 12 years and have decided it is time to move on to another carrier. I have been following sprint for a while, and they updated the site near my house to LTE.

I got a bunch of phones and only activated one, an lg g2. I know of the issues with LTE and I am stuck on 3g.

That is not the problem, the problem is call quality. Every call I make has static and it does not sound good. Is this something to do with the phone or sprint? I have an iphone that I may activate tomorrow.

Got my G2 a few weeks ago. I get normal Band 25 ok & have good speeds. Bought my Son a G2 Black Friday Weekend while in PA. His will not connect to any LTE. We both have it set to "Global". I do have my MSL Code & changed mine to enable all bands (but only got Band 41 for a brief moment while near Harrisburg PA). Why would his not connect to LTE at all, while mine does (same location, same Preferred Network mode). Any thoughts? I'm going to pull his MSL & enable all bands, but that should not be the issue.

If all the settings are exactly the same, it would only leave a device problem. Also, there is no Band 41 in Harrisburg. Shentel has not worked out an arrangement with Sprint yet for Band 41 deployment. Most likely you just saw your device scan Band 41, not actually complete a connection.

Robert via Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Got my G2 a few weeks ago.  I get normal Band 25 ok & have good speeds.  Bought my Son a G2 Black Friday Weekend while in PA.  His will not connect to any LTE.  We both have it set to "Global".  I do have my MSL Code & changed mine to enable all bands (but only got Band 41 for a brief moment while near Harrisburg PA).  Why would his not connect to LTE at all, while mine does (same location, same Preferred Network mode).  Any thoughts?   I'm going to pull his MSL & enable all bands, but that should not be the issue. 

Ok, I called Sprint & talked to a Tech.  Advised I had tried updating PRL, Profile, etc., changed the LTE Mode from Global to LTE/CDMA & Back.  Both of us in the same location.  I get LTE, he doesn't.  Also his phone will loose everything (Data, Cell reception, etc) and it will say "Cannot establish a wireless connection".  His phone does this frequently, reconnects to 3g, but never 4G.  He said there have been other reports of similar issues.  Took it back to Best Buy & did a swap to a totally new phone.. but it still does the same thing.  I'll contact Sprint again tomorrow, but how can we have got 2 bad phones?  & How can it be the network if my phone works fine, but his doesn't?  

Any suggestions? 

If all the settings are exactly the same, it would only leave a device problem. Also, there is no Band 41 in Harrisburg. Shentel has not worked out an arrangement with Sprint yet for Band 41 deployment. Most likely you just saw your device scan Band 41, not actually complete a connection.

Robert via Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Thanks.. didn't see your reply as I was typing a follow up.  Yes, the  Band 41 was only very temporary, but it was while I was looking at the LTE Debug screen.  I forget exactly where, but it could have been a fluke.  As for the phone, it is VERY strange that now his new phone (Just swapped tonight) is doing the same thing as his previous phone.  As described, other than just not getting 4GLTE, it frequently drops connection completely.  I'll follow up with Sprint tomorrow & if I have to try swapping it again. 

• Like 1

Anyone else notice if you pre hit the power button before pulling thr phone out of your pocket or when its laying face down and turn it ovet it turns the screen as soon as soon as you flip it? Wondering if its a feature or just me?

I tested mine also does the same thing. My guess it is something to do with saving the battery and unlocking it unnecessarily. 

I tested mine also does the same thing. My guess it is something to do with saving the battery and unlocking it unnecessarily.

Guess its habit from my note 2 of hitting the power button while pulling it out so i can unlock as soon as i look at it. Atleast im not the only one or that i was seeing things haha.

Ok, I called Sprint & talked to a Tech. Advised I had tried updating PRL, Profile, etc., changed the LTE Mode from Global to LTE/CDMA & Back. Both of us in the same location. I get LTE, he doesn't. Also his phone will loose everything (Data, Cell reception, etc) and it will say "Cannot establish a wireless connection". His phone does this frequently, reconnects to 3g, but never 4G. He said there have been other reports of similar issues. Took it back to Best Buy & did a swap to a totally new phone.. but it still does the same thing. I'll contact Sprint again tomorrow, but how can we have got 2 bad phones? & How can it be the network if my phone works fine, but his doesn't?

Any suggestions?

maybe an issue with his sim card? Try taking it out and putting it back in. Only thing I can think of. Or swap sims and see what happens
  • Like 1

YESSSSS!!!!!! How'd you do that....I find XDA hard to navigate....:-/ 

Haha well I have to give credit to Ascertion for helping me get the arrows from top to bottom in stock.  I have premade LGSystemUI.apk files that I can send you for Sprint, Verizon and Tmobile carriers so you don't have to tinker with anything.  ATT is a bit more tricky so I didn't bother tinkering with it.  I edited both the 3G and 4G icons to be consistent and I made the signal bars 5 bars vs. 6 bars for all the LGSystemUI.apk files.

PM me and I can give them to you.

• Like 1

Anyone else notice if you pre hit the power button before pulling thr phone out of your pocket or when its laying face down and turn it ovet it turns the screen as soon as soon as you flip it? Wondering if its a feature or just me?

Do you have face detection turned on? If so, then when you unlock the screen and it doesn't detect your face, it is going to turn itself off. Also, see if your screen timeout is turned way down. The lock screen has its own screen timeout.

• Like 1

maybe an issue with his sim card? Try taking it out and putting it back in. Only thing I can think of. Or swap sims and see what happens

So, can I just swap my SIM & his SIM?  Will my # then be on his phone & his on mine?  I assume so, but have not used SIM cards much as Sprint phones normally don't have them & I have always been with Sprint. 

I got a bunch of phones and only activated one, an lg g2. I know of the issues with LTE and I am stuck on 3g.

That is not the problem, the problem is call quality. Every call I make has static and it does not sound good. Is this something to do with the phone or sprint? I have an iphone that I may activate tomorrow.

The below link has a tempory fix for it half way down the page. I had the problem only once, so I do not know if it really works.

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/4886-lg-g2-users-thread/page-96

So, can I just swap my SIM & his SIM? Will my # then be on his phone & his on mine? I assume so, but have not used SIM cards much as Sprint phones normally don't have them & I have always been with Sprint.

iirc the Sim card for now is only used for LTE authentication. Your number should be tied to the device and not the sim card

I live in a market with several towers yet to have their 4G switch turned on. My G2 holds till -120ish before it drops the data connection completely and takes 10 seconds to grab a usable 3G connection and authenticate. Is this normal?

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Not sure if this solution has been posted yet, and I don't feel like looking back through the thread... The crackling on the speaker is now considered a known issue and LG is looking into it. There is a workaround in the meantime.

. . .

This will correct the issue until a permanent fix is implemented.

I am calling placebo effect and not buying the so called "fix" -- unless I see some before/after CDMA1X engineering screenshots.  It has long been the case that you do not get to dictate which codec your handset uses.  The network can override your settings based on capability and current loading.

AJ

Haha well I have to give credit to Ascertion for helping me get the arrows from top to bottom in stock. I have premade LGSystemUI.apk files that I can send you for Sprint, Verizon and Tmobile carriers so you don't have to tinker with anything. ATT is a bit more tricky so I didn't bother tinkering with it. I edited both the 3G and 4G icons to be consistent and I made the signal bars 5 bars vs. 6 bars for all the LGSystemUI.apk files.

PM me and I can give them to you.

Is there any way you could post a link to these files? I know I would certainly appreciate it. Please disregard of this violates any forum rules.

I've had this phone for about one day (Previous Note 2 user) and I LOVE IT! I'm also getting LTE/3G handoffs where I live, whereas I wasn't able to do this with the Nexus 5. I guess CSFB/eCSFB stuffs have been turned on since then :D

Just connected to band 41 lte in downtown Cleveland without force lte. Stayed connected for 5 minutes and pulled 37mbps down. Then for no reason without moving was tossed back to ehrpd. Any ideas why. That's the longest I ever connected without forcing lte. Signal under - 100. Could they be testing? The duration just does not make sense. Signal Check never registered the connection I checked the debug menu.

Also on the case front I just got my poetic invictus with kickstand and I love the case for my purpose. I don't want screen covered. Case was $9 on Amazon. I also bought a 5 pack of screen protectors. I had purchased a poetic case for my wife's note 10.1 2014 edition last week and it is also high quality. Both cases well reviewed and I am extremely happy with them.

While typing just swapped back to LTE and was booted off via text message and did not reconnect. Now actually on 1x.

Is there any way you could post a link to these files? I know I would certainly appreciate it. Please disregard of this violates any forum rules.

I am not going to post them them on the forums to not take up forum space.  I just sent you a PM.  Just follow the instructions and it should work.

While typing just swapped back to LTE and was booted off via text message and did not reconnect. Now actually on 1x.

How did you get booted off via text message.. That sounds odd