LG G2 Users Thread!

koiulpoi

Did you order from sprint or best buy?

I ordered from Sprint.  I'm really keeping my fingers crossed that this device turns out to be a winner.  Hopefully all the bugs will be fixed with an update.  The bad thing about ordering from Sprint is that your 14 days for return start from the day of your order, not the day you receive the phone.  I questioned the gentleman who took my order over the phone on that issue and he verified the 14 days start from the day your order is placed.  Wish me luck!

I don't get why they are holding back the firmware.. Can't be based on their infrastructures then they would of never had Wimax or lte 1900 radios in any phones....Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Are u talking about the firmware to enable B26 and B41 LTE? And why sprint is holding it back.

If so then the answer is simple. The B26 and B41 LTE networks are not ready. Dont take what u read from S4GRU and expect 99% of the sprint customers to understand that there is already at least B41 LTE broadcasting in some of the major markets as we speak. If sprint is going to put out a firmware update telling customers that with this firmware update you will be getting sprint spark..then customers are going to have high expectations at least in the major markets.

So personally i dont think that sprint is just trying to be a d1ck here but rather they are waiting for an appropriate time when both the B26 and B41 LTE networks are a bit more mature.

Sent from my Motorola Photon 4G using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

Are u talking about the firmware to enable B26 and B41 LTE? And why sprint is holding it back.

If so then the answer is simple. The B26 and B41 LTE networks are not ready. Dont take what u read from S4GRU and expect 99% of the sprint customers to understand that there is already at least B41 LTE broadcasting in some of the major markets as we speak. If sprint is going to put out a firmware update telling customers that with this firmware update you will be getting sprint spark..then customers are going to have high expectations at least in the major markets.

So personally i dont think that sprint is just trying to be a d1ck here but rather they are waiting for an appropriate time when both the B26 and B41 LTE networks are a bit more mature.

yes but currently I have support for lte 1900 on all the phones on my account but none have seen it once..so sprint should have disabled lte all together until they had all markets set up to begin with..... Why hold the other bands back now since they are actually setup and running in my area, band 41 that is

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

That sux I thought that since there's tri mode hotspots out there that can connect that the phone would connect with no prob.

The hotspots have the correct APN files, the G2 does not. That may change on launch day. We don't know, until the 8th, the G2 isn't even officially supported so this could all be wrong.

• Like 1

yes but currently I have support for lte 1900 on all the phones on my account but none have seen it once..so sprint should have disabled lte all together until they had all markets set up to begin with..... Why hold the other bands back now since they are actually setup and running in my area, band 41 that is

Sorry that is not how it works. Sprint releases one model of the phone and by default it has lte 1900 enabled. I am not sure what you are getting it but its clear that lte 1900 != lte 800 or lte 2600. Also what you are suggesting is asinine. Waiting until all the markets are lit with lte before enabling it is crazy. Even verizon or att does not do that or else verizon will still not have lte. Quit complaining.

Sorry that is not how it works. Sprint releases one model of the phone and by default it has lte 1900 enabled. I am not sure what you are getting it but its clear that lte 1900 != lte 800 or lte 2600. Also what you are suggesting is asinine. Waiting until all the markets are lit with lte before enabling it is crazy. Even verizon or att does not do that or else verizon will still not have lte. Quit complaining.

Sounds more like sarcasm to me...

Not complaining.. Though no working data for almost 2 years ..just loosing patience was hoping the g2 would end that since we have many 2600 towers online but no 1900 in my area....

• Like 1

I was under the impression that the Samsung devices launching on 11/8/13 were going to be tri-band active. If the networks aren't mature, why does Sammy get tri-band but not LG? I don't think I am understanding the rationale you put forth. Could you clarify?

I was under the impression that the Samsung devices launching on 11/8/13 were going to be tri-band active. If the networks aren't mature, why does Sammy get tri-band but not LG? I don't think I am understanding the rationale you put forth. Could you clarify?

APNs from the G2 do not have Tri-Band capabilities yet.  I'll try to find a way to extract the APNs from a working device and get them working on the G2, but I can't guarantee anything.  If it's available in any Android product, then I can definitely have them work on the G2.  It's just unknown whether it'll work on the Samsung devices out of the box.

Not even the samsung devices will be triband lte out of the box in 11/8. Did u see the press release? The press rekease say for all devices that a future update will be available to bring triband lte. However i heard about samsung maybe getting the update sooner.

Not sure why so much concern when u can just wait. I dont get the panic as if sprint is totally oblivious as to what is going on. The fact that preorders for the g2 havent gone out yet is a good sign.

None of the devices launching on Nov. 8 will be tri-band out of the box. All will receive an update to enable tri-band sometime after launch. We're not sure when for the GS4 Mini or Mega, the press release only states that it will come on a date after launch, whereas with the G2 and N5, it says early 2014.

None of the devices launching on Nov. 8 will be tri-band out of the box. All will receive an update to enable tri-band sometime after launch. We're not sure when for the GS4 Mini or Mega, the press release only states that it will come on a date after launch, whereas with the G2 and N5, it says early 2014.

http://faster.sprint.com/2013/11/01/sprint-spark-is-live/?INTMKT=MA:MS:103013:SparkHub:Home_Content

Yup, they all state Spark Support via an update.  So in theory, none will be able to access out of the box without some sort of tampering.  

http://faster.sprint.com/2013/11/01/sprint-spark-is-live/?INTMKT=MA:MS:103013:SparkHub:Home_Content

Yup, they all state Spark Support via an update.  So in theory, none will be able to access out of the box without some sort of tamperingW

What was the source for the thought of Samsung being updated out of box or updated first? 

I thought I read somewhere that the Samsung Tribands would get an update shortly after release and the G2 and N5 would get the update in early 2014.

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 1

I thought I read somewhere that the Samsung Tribands would get an update shortly after release and the G2 and N5 would get the update in early 2014.

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

Yeah you did - I know I saw it on Engadget's post:

The first Spark-supported phones, Samsung's Galaxy Mega and Galaxy S 4 mini and LG's G2, will be available on Sprint's network on November 8th. Software updates for Samsungs' handsets will enable tri-band "shortly after launch," with a similar update scheduled for early 2014 for the G2.

http://www.engadget.com/2013/10/30/sprint-spark-enhanced-lte/

Who knows when "shortly after launch" is though. For all we know that could be a few weeks to 6 months or more. Heck the G2 may get the update before Samsung's devices. We really don't know enough to say for sure.

Not even the samsung devices will be triband lte out of the box in 11/8.

None of the devices launching on Nov. 8 will be tri-band out of the box.

Guys, I never said the Samsung devices would be tri-band out of the box. I thought I read, on the day of the announcement, that the Samsung devices would get the update on the Nov. 8th release date. Regardless, the quoted release reads that the Samsung devices will get their updates before the G2. Perhaps months earlier. Rather than split hairs over whether Sammy will be tri-band out of the box, updated on the 8th, or a week later - the question is; why is Sprint telling us, in corporate speak, the G2 (which has been in the Sprint pipeline for some time) is getting the update after Samsung. It's okay if you don't know why, but "Just wait" is not a valid answer, ericdabbs. In fact, it is condescending and rude. Let's not make a simple question more complex than it needs to be.

Guys, I never said the Samsung devices would be tri-band out of the box. I thought I read, on the day of the announcement, that the Samsung devices would get the update on the Nov. 8th release date. Regardless, the quoted release reads that the Samsung devices will get their updates before the G2. Perhaps months earlier. Rather than split hairs over whether Sammy will be tri-band out of the box, updated on the 8th, or a week later - the question is; why is Sprint telling us, in corporate speak, the G2 (which has been in the Sprint pipeline for some time) is getting the update after Samsung. It's okay if you don't know why, but "Just wait" is not a valid answer, ericdabbs. In fact, it is condescending and rude. Let's not make a simple question more complex than it needs to be.

Actually it is not.  That is just the reality for the LG G2 and you have to accept it.  Does it suck that the LG G2 and Nexus 5 have to wait until early 2014 for a firmware update?? Absolutely, why would anyone (especially here on S4GRU that know about existing B41 LTE around us) want to wait for a firmware update but there is not much you can do.  Whining about it is not going to do anything.

None of us work at senior leadership level at Sprint and certainly do not get visibility on the decisions as to why Samsung devices like the GS4 mini and Galaxy Mega 6.3 could be getting the "Spark" update first over the HTC, LG or Nexus devices.  Perhaps it is because those 2 samsung phones are mid-range phones and they want to test out the "Spark" update and how it works on mid range devices before releasing it to high end flagship phones.  Also the Sprint press release states that the Samsung devices will receive an update shortly after Nov 8th.  This does NOT mean Nov 8th necessarily. 

If you don't like the way that the LG G2 is going then perhaps you should consider a GS4 mini or Galaxy Mega 6.3 if you want the "Spark" update that badly.  It is just that simple.

• Like 1

^^^^ Still, you don't get it. Let me put it this way: If you do not have any information, or do not care to reasonably speculate, then consider my queries explicitly NOT directed towards you.

Edited by dParis

^^^^ Still, you don't get it. Let me put it this way: If you do not have any information, or do not care to reasonably speculate, then consider my queries explicitly NOT directed towards you.

No matter who the queries are directed toward, it still doesn't change the fact that we will have to wait for the update. There is no info released as to why and no rumors to base conjecture off of.