Just wanted to ask for clarification on this term. What all it involves, time table, and if there is a schedule for this. Is it currently going on? What should I be looking for or notice?

NV1.0= complete physical replacement of sprints legacy network. New modular gear will be installed including modular base stations, multi band and remote control-able antennas that support 800/1900 and upgraded backhaul. 800 smr voice being added.

NV2.0= activation of SMR 800 LTE. In addition, Clearwire TD-LTE sites will be utilizing 2500 mhz on near every 39,000 sites according to network president at sprint in huge 20mhz carrier aggregated channels. The 800 smr for voice and lte is starting in markets like chicago first.  2500 is going to had at least 5,000 sites up by the end of the year, but since softbank has deep pockets. Expect more sites on by the end of the year. http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/3747-network-vision-10-and-20

Some of this may overlap too.

• Like 5

NV1.0= complete physical replacement of sprints legacy network. New modular gear will be installed including modular base stations, multi band and remote control-able antennas that support 800/1900 and upgraded backhaul.

NV2.0= activation of SMR 800 service on a wide deployment on both CDMA and LTE. In addition, Clearwire TD-LTE sites will be utilizing 2500 mhz on near every 39,000 sites according to network president at sprint in huge 20mhz carrier aggregated channels. The 800 smr for voice and lte is starting in markets like chicago first. 2500 is going to had at least 5,000 sites up by the end of the year, but since softbank has deep pockets. Expect more sites on by the end of the year. http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/3747-network-vision-10-and-20/

800SMR 1x is definitely on the NV 1.0 rollout as that started last year in some markets.

• Like 1

Yes, TDD-LTE is what they will be using on clearwire's spectrum, but not on any other band. Carrier aggregation will only be for like band types (ie. 2500-2500 & 1900-1900-800) when they roll out LTE-A as part of NV 2.0

so when nv2 is complete will we finally be better than the big guys? or just the same... or still behind?

Better! Verizon and att are actually getting scared now. Because sprint now has the most specturm around, With network vision, the platform is one of the bests around. It is expandable and ready to handle so much more then verizon and att. Verizon and att soultion for lte was to just throw up new antennas and another box at the tower. Some of the towers, actually have different backhaul for 3g/4g. It is so stupid and not smart. But when u got money who cares right lol

• Like 1

Better! Verizon and att are actually getting scared now. Because sprint now has the most specturm around, With network vision, the platform is one of the bests around. It is expandable and ready to handle so much more then verizon and att. Verizon and att soultion for lte was to just throw up new antennas and another box at the tower. Some of the towers, actually have different backhaul for 3g/4g. It is so stupid and not smart. But when u got money who cares right lol

Overall we will be better. I think voice coverage will be about the same but data we should be better. With LTE being on 800/1900/2500 we will have better LTE coverage and better capacity

Also in the future sprint will participate in the 1900 H block and the 600 MHz auction which neither AT&T and vzw are participating in. I think they are trying to participate in the 600mhz auction but the FCC is giving tmobile and sprint and smaller carriers first priority.

• Like 1

so when nv2 is complete will we finally be better than the big guys? or just the same... or still behind?

Being better is relative, just so you know. What defines better? In my experience as a customer, I have not come across a situation yet where I wish I had another carrier. 

At the end of the day, Sprint will be a solid carrier, offering a solid network. Customers will hopefully notice and jump on.

• Like 1

Better than AT&T and Verizon? It's hard to make that comparison. If you are in a place with good Sprint site spacing, and adequate spectrum holdings, you will have a very nice network on your hands. Speeds should be fast, and consistent. Maybe not 50+Mbps all over the place, but the network will be reliable. However, Sprint still won't have the same coverage footprint. So in that regard, Verizon will still win. It will be pretty much impossible to match coverage. What Sprint will try to do is compete on speeds where they have coverage. 

• Like 1

Better than AT&T and Verizon? It's hard to make that comparison. If you are in a place with good Sprint site spacing, and adequate spectrum holdings, you will have a very nice network on your hands. Speeds should be fast, and consistent. Maybe not 50+Mbps all over the place, but the network will be reliable. However, Sprint still won't have the same coverage footprint. So in that regard, Verizon will still win. It will be pretty much impossible to match coverage. What Sprint will try to do is compete on speeds where they have coverage. 

Remember, Sprint is deploying nationwide TD-LTE 2600 on their entire Network Vision network in NV2.0.  I think that it will have average higher speeds than Verizon, even where they have deployed LTE 750 & AWS.  Also, Sprint is adding additional TD-LTE 2600 sites in between NV sites too in urban areas.  

So at build out, the user experience within Sprint's footprint should be equal or better than Verizon.  The only place where Verizon should be better is in places Sprint does not cover and in rural areas where Sprint's TD-LTE will not reach past 5.25 miles from the site.

Robert

• Like 3

Clarification question - The tri-band handsets coming out this fall will support LTE on 800/1900/and 2500, correct? Will they also be able to utilize the TD-LTE 2600 as well?

Clearwire's spectrum is 2500/2600.  So yes.  It'll be able to support 800/1900/2500-2600.

• Like 4

Clarification question - The tri-band handsets coming out this fall will support LTE on 800/1900/and 2500, correct? Will they also be able to utilize the TD-LTE 2600 as well?

We write 2500 and 2600 interchangeably and is all TD-LTE. The Tri-Band devices will support all of Clearwire's spectrum.

• Like 6

its an exciting time at sprint for those that have LTE its awesome and those that have yet to get it should get it soon. we just wish they would speed up the process but it is what it is.

nv2.0 i feel is a ever evolving project. if they get the 600 spectrum expect that to be part of it lte advanced would probably move to the 600 spectrum. if they get it nation wide, volte would be nice at that level. then have enough to have a 10x10 or 15x15 or even 20x20  at that level and sprint would be the power house to surpass both verizon and att.

i think 600 is a big part of what softbank is wanting to do to become the top wireless provider in the USA 

I don't see why everyone is jonesing for the 600Mhz spectrum for Sprint.

That'd give them FOUR distinct bands to support... that's a lot.  800 is going to be fine for coverage as a fallback from both 2500 and thent he primary 1900Mhz PCS coverage.  I definitely see them going after the H-block, but I've yet to see a good argument for them to add yet another band to their hodgepodge of a network at this stage.  Give them two years to get this network vision deployment complete before we start dropping millions of dollars on more spectrum that quite frankly isn't needed.  Let T-Mobile have it.  They are desperate for some low freq. spectrum.  

• Like 1

I mainly agree with what your wrote, but a part of me thinks that the frequency range/spectrum Sprint has on both 800 and 1900 is so small and the 2500 frequency too high to be of use to many people outside of major cities.

I know it would be a logistical nightmare, but I'd love for Sprint to get enough spectrum on 600 to enable great speeds and then to sell some or all of 800 and 1900 or even part of the treasure trove of 2500. I am in OC with no sprint service in my house, my work, or my wife's work. Step a couple feet outside and I get great signal. 1900 just doesn't seem to be useful in normal everyday use and 2500 probably won't fix that. Getting a viable low frequency seems important.

Alternatively, I believe the best option is to somehow find more 800 frequency. Is there a possibility of finding some more to buy? Then 600 would be useless and would just add complexity.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4

...Alternatively, I believe the best option is to somehow find more 800 frequency. Is there a possibility of finding some more to buy? Then 600 would be useless and would just add complexity. Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4

There is no more 800Mhz SMR... That's it. They have all that is available. 600Mhz is necessary. All they have to do is just drop EDGE/2G support and they'll have more room on smartphones.

There is no more 800Mhz SMR... That's it. They have all that is available. 600Mhz is necessary. All they have to do is just drop EDGE/2G support and they'll have more room on smartphones.

I agree. Sprint needs 600 and I heard they plan to use 600 for TD LTE so I wonder if they will use the 600/2500 for LTE advance

• Like 1

If by "EDGE/2G" you meant CDMA2000 1x, then Sprint can't just drop that. Believe it or not, people still use their phones to make calls, and VoLTE is nowhere near ready. If you meant GSM support in global phones, then I'd rather they continue to include that radio for the time being, since there are still places that have GSM coverage but no UMTS/HSPA.

• Like 1

If by "EDGE/2G" you meant CDMA2000 1x, then Sprint can't just drop that. Believe it or not, people still use their phones to make calls, and VoLTE is nowhere near ready. If you meant GSM support in global phones, then I'd rather they continue to include that radio for the time being, since there are still places that have GSM coverage but no UMTS/HSPA.

I meant to infer GSM radio's...

I meant to infer GSM radio's...

No, that matters not.  Qualcomm no longer makes 3GPP2 only basebands -- all are 3GPP only or 3GPP/3GPP2.  Having GSM on board comes at no additional cost.

AJ

• Like 1

There is no more 800Mhz SMR...

Yes, there is more SMR 800 MHz band spectrum, but via rebanding, it is currently set aside for Public Safety and other uses.

AJ