Google Nexus 5 by LG Preview (LG D820)

MacinJosh

Please use the quote function. Otherwise, we cannot tell to which post you are replying. At first glance, this comes across as a Sprint troll post. But I do not think you intended it that way.

AJ

I believe that was meant for Best Buy, and I share his sentiments.

• Like 2

Y'all need to stop bragging about your N5s already shipping. My G2 which is supposed to be the first triband phone is still showing no progress besides being at the warehouse since October 11th. I'm getting a bit jealous. Y'all just stop.. Seriously. Like right now.

The clear indication now is that Sprint placed the hold on the G2 release until November 8 so that it could be consistent with the other first round Sprint Spark tri band handsets.

AJ

• Like 1

I believe that was meant for Best Buy, and I share his sentiments.

Yes, we need more people out of work and additional "big box" real estate left vacant.

AJ

• Like 1

Yes, we need more people out of work and additional "big box" real estate left vacant.

AJ

You're painting with a broad brush man, why are you assuming he wants every retailer to fail? Best Buy has a history of not taking care of their customer and price gouging, if they're not going to change their ways, they can go away. IMO

EDIT: Off topic I know, this will be my last post regarding BB business practices.

• Like 2

You're painting with a broad brush man, why are you assuming he wants every retailer to fail?

I assumed no such thing.  Go back to what I wrote.  Both assertions are true.  If Best Buy goes down the toilet, then jobs are lost and leases are broken.  On the latter count, so many cities have a glut of vacant "big box" real estate -- a real eyesore.

AJ

• Like 1

SUCCESS!!! Once I had the right place, it went quick. Here is what you need to do to get a SIM mailed to you:

• Call 1-888-226-7212
  • At first voice prompt, Enter your phone number or confirm that you are calling from your phone
  • Press 2 for "otherwise..."
  • Press 2 for "International voice or data service"
  • Then you will go into the call queue and wait for an operator

Explain that you need a SIM card for your new Nexus 5 that you purchased directly from Google mailed to you and that you are unable to visit a store to get one. They couldn't find the Nexus 5 in the system, but they checked with a supervisor and found the same one that will work. They even said it would come via FedEx, but probably wouldn't go out until Monday or Tuesday. All for no charge! I had to pay $20 for my Tmo SIM.

Robert

Worked like a charm (although I got USPS instead of FedEx, boo hoo). Thanks very much.
  • Like 1

Gotta love sprint customer service, I ordered a sim card over the phone last night with the Sku number funkychicken provided, I just checked my order status and its not the right sim.... This is what I am getting.... Will this work with a sim adapter?

Product ID Description Qty. Order Date Tracking # 760492013512 SIMCARD LTEGSM 4FF USIM REMOV 1 2013-11-01

I'm waiting for the "nifty shit" pic someone is gonna find.

In a post several weeks ago, Robert coined the phrase "nifty shit" in reference to T-Mobile.  I liked it so much that I have continued to use it.  But, yes, a picture would be worth a thousand words, 998 more than "nifty shit" alone.

AJ

Gotta love sprint customer service, I ordered a sim card over the phone last night with the Sku number funkychicken provided, I just checked my order status and its not the right sim.... This is what I am getting.... Will this work with a sim adapter?

Product ID Description Qty. Order Date Tracking # 760492013512 SIMCARD LTEGSM 4FF USIM REMOV 1 2013-11-01

That is a nano SIM -- 4FF.  While we are spreading the love, gotta love Apple for springing yet another iPhone motivated industry standard change on us.

However, it should work with an appropriate adaptor.

AJ

That is a nano SIM -- 4FF.  While we are spreading the love, gotta love Apple for springing yet another iPhone motivated industry standard change on us.

AJ

thanks just ordered an adapter from amazon

• Like 1

I went in to a repair store. I asked for a micro SIM and the guy asked for which phone. I said I didn't have a phone yet but it is a nexus 5. He said the SIM may need to be device specific? I told him it didn't, but he offered to test all the Sims they have by bringing in the device. That works for me. Pretty good service if ya ask me. 

• Like 1

Does anyone know if it's only corporate stores that have the micro SIM's? Do Preferred/ReadyNow stores have them too?

I called and or drove to 6 local stores. Nobody was willing to help me. They all claimed they don't have them....

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

Does anyone know if it's only corporate stores that have the micro SIM's? Do Preferred/ReadyNow stores have them too?

I doubt that most third party retailers would be willing to help you for free.  They are in business for themselves -- they just happen to be reselling Sprint.

AJ

I doubt that most third party retailers would be willing to help you for free.  They are in business for themselves -- they just happen to be reselling Sprint.

AJ

Good point. I guess the point is moot if the phone comes with a SIM. We'll just wait and see.

Does anyone know if the Nexus 5 has HD Voice?

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk

I suspect the MSM8974 chipset supports it but I don't know if it is enabled on the software end. 

Does anyone know if the Nexus 5 has HD Voice?

I suspect the MSM8974 chipset supports it but I don't know if it is enabled on the software end. 

I think it safe to say that the Nexus 5 has AMR-WB support.

:P

AJ

I think it safe to say that the Nexus 5 has AMR-WB support.

:P

AJ

I already knew that!  :lol:

I'm thinking more of EVRC-NW, aka Sprint's HD codec. Do you know if the Nexus 5 supports that? 

I just got confirmation from my source that stores will have them and they did receive information about what to do with the Google Nexus 5 bought from playstore. He said the stores should have them and that they should be free.

Good point. I guess the point is moot if the phone comes with a SIM. We'll just wait and see.

It does not come with a sim. We would have seen that in an unboxing and every one we have seen, that is not the case.

AJ

Can you recommend one? Sprint is sending me the same thing.