Google Nexus 5 by LG Preview (LG D820)

MacinJosh

It seems clear to me that Sprint its not ready to support this phone until November 8 which is there official release date. That seems to coincide with what date Google Play customers would receive theirs by shipping as well though it seems like some customers will get theirs a day or two sooner than that. My guess is starting on Monday there's going to be some crash training going on at Sprint in preparation for the 8th. Everybody on the internet, clamoring to try to get information before the 8th is just too early for Sprint to be able to react and support. I can't criticize sprint for that. Now, starting on the 8th if they don't have answers or adequate sim inventory, then I think that is a whole different issue.

What you're saying jives with what i experienced and what the rep who sent me the correct (i hope!) SIM today told me.  She said that even with the SIM, I may not be able to activate the phone until the 8th since that's when the Nexus 5 will be added to their system.  It will be very interesting to see what happens next week...

What exactly did you do to get that to work. They told me no last night.

I just told them that i purchased a Nexus 5 from Google and i needed a SIM. I told her i had contacted them yesterday and they sent out the wrong SIM (a 2FF) and i needed to get the correct one (a 3FF).  She said no problem and put through the order.  The only thing that made me slightly unhappy was she said it would take 3-5 business days and wouldn't overnight it.  But, i have received a shipping confirmation, and i'm expecting to get it on Tuesday anyway...

-d

• Like 2

What exactly did you do to get that to work. They told me no last night.

I just selected were it says Request: Order Sim Card  and it all went smooth....I selected Overnight Shipping.

I just selected were it says Request: Order Sim Card  and it all went smooth....I selected Overnight Shipping.

Did you tell them you needed a sim card for Nexus 5?

Rep from Tech Support is going to call me about the Network/Device Question. Someone has to know. According to the guy I just chatted with, the only phones that will work on the Sprint network are "phones that have the Sprint Logo on them."

According to the guy I just chatted with, the only phones that will work on the Sprint network are "phones that have the Sprint Logo on them."

*rolls eyes*

SMH

Robert via Samsung Galaxy Note II using Tapatalk

• Like 2

*rolls eyes*

SMH

Robert via Samsung Galaxy Note II using Tapatalk

Hence why I asked to be contacted by Technical Support, I'm climbing the ladder.....got nothing better to do this weekend while I'm at work.... (seriously, its been slow)

• Like 1

Rep from Tech Support is going to call me about the Network/Device Question. Someone has to know. According to the guy I just chatted with, the only phones that will work on the Sprint network are "phones that have the Sprint Logo on them."

That one deserves to have the screen shot posted to the @sprintcare Twitter account with a kind request to provide the person with additional training.

I have a BAD feeling that getting my Nexus 5 activated on Sprint is going to be a nightmare.  Since someone said they chatted with Sprint and have a SIM being mailed to them, i just tried the same thing.  After 30 minutes and 2 reps, i was given the following information:

1) Phones that need SIMs come with SIMs

2) If my phone doesn't come with a SIM, i can visit a Sprint store and they may be able to help me

3) If I purchased my phone from anywhere other than Sprint, it's up to the seller to give me a SIM and Sprint can't/won't give me one

4) If I want to get a SIM from Sprint, i have to call telesales to purchase one

5) Stores don't sell, provide, or give SIM cards

Regardless, this doesn't match what i've been reading here and on other sites.  I guess i'll stop by a Sprint store on the way home from work tonight in the hope that i'll find someone who's helpful.  I don't want my phone to arrive on Monday and not be able to activate it due to Sprint-stupidity!

-d

As I mentioned earlier, its pretty funny how this is EXACTLY what happend when Verizon introduced sim cards.

LIke, word for word.

It seems clear to me that Sprint its not ready to support this phone until November 8 which is there official release date. That seems to coincide with what date Google Play customers would receive theirs by shipping as well though it seems like some customers will get theirs a day or two sooner than that. My guess is starting on Monday there's going to be some crash training going on at Sprint in preparation for the 8th. Everybody on the internet, clamoring to try to get information before the 8th is just too early for Sprint to be able to react and support. I can't criticize sprint for that. Now, starting on the 8th if they don't have answers or adequate sim inventory, then I think that is a whole different issue.

This phone isnt a surprise. Its not like Sprnt found out it was coming the same time we did.

Plenty of time to put together internal support pages and memos.

• Like 3

It should be noted that the international chat link does not work for those on SERO plans. I'm on hold with the SERO line now... Third shot

I'm on SERO-P and called the number Robert posted.  I was on the phone with a really helpful rep, Joy I think, for 30-45 minutes.  To make a long story short, manager Travis told me most of the reps/managers in that department CANNOT access SERO accounts, which they need to be able to do so they can enter an order.. even for something as simple as a SIM card.

Manager Travis told me he'd keep working on it and call back with an update.  In 5 minutes he called back because he spoke to manager Kim, who had been with Sprint for many years and does have access to SERO (employee) accounts, and two SIMS were on their way to me (free of charge).  I checked my account and verified an order for both SIMs (3FF).

Thanks to everyone for their help with phone numbers and SIM SKUs!  Travis's shift is over, but I think Kim is in 'til midnight (PST?).

• Like 2

Did you tell them you needed a sim card for Nexus 5?

Yes

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

International chat told me to call the SERO helpline, who told me to call SERO telesales, who transferred me back to international. It's still showing as "order in progress" on my account, but before I hung up I verified I was getting the correct size. She made no mention of a charge or shipping speed, but given my proximity to Kentucky, I'm hoping to get it Tuesday or Wednesday.