Google Nexus 5 by LG Preview (LG D820)

MacinJosh

I already knew that!  :lol:

I'm thinking more of EVRC-NW, aka Sprint's HD codec. Do you know if the Nexus 5 supports that? 

Oh, I know.  I am just having some fun with the typical 3GPP bias.

As for HD Voice, I have no need.  Regardless, to most people, I sound like this...

;)

AJ

After talking with Sprint international 5 TIMES, they finally ordered me the correct SIM. It shouldn't have been this hard....

I'm assuming your N5 will arrive before your sim, are you going to use 3g til you get it or try and use another sim you may have?

My N5 is going to arrive Monday according to UPS, and my SIM was shipped overnight. So I think they should arrive on the same day. But we will see.

To answer your question, I wasn't going to activate my phone until I was able to secure a SIM card.

Ha, thanks, I'll keep telling myself that.  I mean, really, what's a day or two difference, but it's that "I WANT NEW SHINY THINGS NOW" feeling that usually wins over.

I noticed someone post some RF stats comparing the N5 and G2 (and something else, I forget what, I'll need to go back and look) a few pages back, and it seemed to indicate that the N5 appeared to be the stronger contender CDMA wise, but LTE the G2 beats it (on paper).  Did anyone else with a bit more expertise than myself see this, and care to comment on how much real world difference we're talking about, or if it'll even be noticable?

Edit:  Found the post:

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/4366-lg-google-nexus-5-lg-d820/page-56&do=findComment&comment=229799

30.00 dBm (CDMA1x/EV-DO 1900),

Can that be right lol?  I don't remember ever seeing that value that high on any handset in the last couple of years. 

I was able to get a micro sim from a returned S4 at a sprint store. The t chance said it's probably not going to work since it's probably it's to that account. Is that true? Any way around that?

Rest of longer story. So I went to a sprint repair place after calling to make sure they had a micro sim I could get. I get there and their story is that they don't have any that are not tied to a phone. I give them the SKU and they say that a store 30 mins away has 25 of them. So I call them up and they are clueless saying they don't sell them and can only replace one of its malfunctioning.

I was able to get a micro sim from a returned S4 at a sprint store. The t chance said it's probably not going to work since it's probably it's to that account. Is that true? Any way around that?

Rest of longer story. So I went to a sprint repair place after calling to make sure they had a micro sim I could get. I get there and their story is that they don't have any that are not tied to a phone. I give them the SKU and they say that a store 30 mins away has 25 of them. So I call them up and they are clueless saying they don't sell them and can only replace one of its malfunctioning.

Yes you can't reuse a Sim that was activated in the past as far as I know.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Yes you can't reuse a Sim that was activated in the past as far as I know.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

I activated an HTC One on my account using the sim card that was previously activated on someone else's account.

• Like 1

It sure would be nice if a few of the sprint employees that have referenced a memo that went out to the stores would leak that memo to the website so people could print it out and take it to their own Sprint store and show it to them.

I activated an HTC One on my account using the sim card that was previously activated on someone else's account.

I'm guessing you bought the HTC one used? It makes sense that you could reuse a sim card. Otherwise if you bought a used phone that had a sim, but your old phone did not how else would you activate it.

Plan B: Go back to a different sprint repair store and tell them I need a replacement for my malfunctioning GS4 Sim and I left the phone back home =P

Well, with a little advice and support from my new friend Aerxx, i was able to get a Sprint rep to send me a 3FF SIM card.  I'll have it by Wednesday.  Unfortunately, my Nexus 5 (and the incorrect 2FF SIM) will arrive on Monday...  Still, at least that part of the nightmare is over!

-d

• Like 2

I'm guessing you bought the HTC one used? It makes sense that you could reuse a sim card. Otherwise if you bought a used phone that had a sim, but your old phone did not how else would you activate it.

Plan B: Go back to a different sprint repair store and tell them I need a replacement for my malfunctioning GS4 Sim and I left the phone back home =P

An S4GRU user lent me the One so i could get HEX serving cells. 

So, let me make sure I understand the point of the SIM card.  If I were to buy and Nexus 5 and it DID NOT have a SIM card, then the phone could be activated on Sprint but only work with 1x and 3G?  But if I were to get a SIM then activate it on Sprint, then I would have LTE on Sprint or even use this phone on AT&T or T-Mobile?

• Like 1

It seems clear to me that Sprint its not ready to support this phone until November 8 which is there official release date. That seems to coincide with what date Google Play customers would receive theirs by shipping as well though it seems like some customers will get theirs a day or two sooner than that. My guess is starting on Monday there's going to be some crash training going on at Sprint in preparation for the 8th. Everybody on the internet, clamoring to try to get information before the 8th is just too early for Sprint to be able to react and support. I can't criticize sprint for that. Now, starting on the 8th if they don't have answers or adequate sim inventory, then I think that is a whole different issue.

• Like 1

It seems clear to me that Sprint its not ready to support this phone until November 8 which is there official release date. That seems to coincide with what date Google Play customers would receive theirs by shipping as well though it seems like some customers will get theirs a day or two sooner than that. My guess is starting on Monday there's going to be some crash training going on at Sprint in preparation for the 8th. Everybody on the internet, clamoring to try to get information before the 8th is just too early for Sprint to be able to react and support. I can't criticize sprint for that. Now, starting on the 8th if they don't have answers or adequate sim inventory, then I think that is a whole different issue.

You are definitely right about sprint and the 8th, but In my opinion, training should have started on thursday the day the phone was released on the play store. It's not like the fact that the phone works on sprint, is news that sprint higher ups didn't know about. Training information should have went out on Thursday, Friday the latest. No excuse.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk