Samsung Galaxy Note 3

linhpham2

True, but I don't like the idea of a 16gb with more than half the space eaten by Samsung and only 7GB for actual apps, even if they did create some sort of janky apps2sd approach.

Also, I've had bad luck with SD card failure so I tend to be less trusting of external storage.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4

Well lucky for u there is no 16 gb version for the note 3.

Sent from my Motorola Photon 4G using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

Yeah I changed my mind. That extra $50 is too much to swallow. I can't justify $350 on contract with no triband LTE. That's about $425 after activation fee and taxes. I guess I'll be sticking with the Nexus line. Please Nexus 5, blow me away. :pinch:

What if the nexus 5 doesnt? What are u looking for in the nexus 5 that would blow u away?

What if the nexus 5 doesnt? What are u looking for in the nexus 5 that would blow u away?

I'm looking for a combination of price, performance, and battery life. I know speculation is pointing to a small battery, and that has me concerned. The Nexus 5 would seal the deal for me if I could buy it off contract from the play store for $300. I would then use my upgrade on the iphone 5s and sell it on ebay.

My ideal phone would have a removable battery and/or a battery that will last all day, a reasonably priced 64gb storage option and/or micro SD card support, 350 PPI display, 5.5-6" screen, and the best processor available at the time.

What I was really looking forward to on the Note 3 was the S pen. I have tried the Note 2 and I loved drawing with the autodesk sketchbook app.

I had such high hopes but it is now turning into disappointments this year.  I sat for many months waiting for the right phone. This has been a major release year and one would think a phone would be coming that could fill 2 common requests, as well as utilize Sprint’s new network.  I almost jumped on the Sammy GS4 with my wife, she went for it but I held out waiting for the upcoming promised Tri-band phones.  Late July into August, here came the LG G2. I first lusted over it when reading about it in very early Aug.  It had what I was looking for, the SD slot, removable battery, and I am thinking Sprint announced tri-band just afterwards. Then I later found some updated info on it and discovered that I had been looking at the Korean version.  The international version would be getting tri-band for Sprint, but would not have the SD slot, or a removable battery.  I could get past the SD slot if enough on board memory was there, but I tend to have phones where the second year, the battery has to be replaced.  So, there was the G2, the almost perfect phone, but it is a “fail” as it has neither option that I was hoping for. So, I decided to wait on the new king in town, the Galaxy Note 3. It is a beast as I could use it at work as long as it was tri or dual-band (800mhz reception at least). Where I am, the 1900 LTE does not penetrate inside and the 3G is useless.  So, I thought the Note 3 would be the perfect phone!  Then, I hear it will NOT be Tri-band for some crazy reason.  I was VERY disappointed on it but over ther last few days, I sort of decided to maybe go with the Note 3 anyway, since it does have the removable battery where I could use it for years without worry.  I would have to make do with the 3G in most places though.  Well, I now see the Note 3 will be $350 up front with the 2 yr agreement.  WHAT????  I am very disappointed now and have decided to set the Note 3 a "fail" as well.  So here we are, I see no phone coming with Sprint that I am going to be interested in. There probably hasn't been a better year overall for Smartphones but with being on Sprint, I do not see any phone that can satisfy the 2 or 3 of the requirements I was hoping for.  (Tri-band, SD Slot, removable battery).  I am bummed over this and will have to settle like everyone else has to do with Sprint.  Yes, we are spoiled but I saw so much potential coming this year but it is turninn out to be a year of near misses.   Thanks for allowing me to vent from a guy who loves s4gru as this is the ONLY place where real info is supplied.  

• Like 2

I'm looking for a combination of price, performance, and battery life. I know speculation is pointing to a small battery, and that has me concerned. The Nexus 5 would seal the deal for me if I could buy it off contract from the play store for $300. I would then use my upgrade on the iphone 5s and sell it on ebay.

My ideal phone would have a removable battery and/or a battery that will last all day, a reasonably priced 64gb storage option and/or micro SD card support, 350 PPI display, 5.5-6" screen, and the best processor available at the time.

What I was really looking forward to on the Note 3 was the S pen. I have tried the Note 2 and I loved drawing with the autodesk sketchbook app.

Haha...thanks for the elaborate response on your ideal phone although I was just only curious about what you wanted in the Nexus 5.  I can tell you that the Nexus 5 will not fit all those specs that you so desired.  Seems like you would have to compromise on a few things.

Haha...thanks for the elaborate response on your ideal phone although I was just only curious about what you wanted in the Nexus 5.  I can tell you that the Nexus 5 will not fit all those specs that you so desired.  Seems like you would have to compromise on a few things.

Yeah, I know, but it seems the best out of the availible options.

iPhone 5S/5C- Too small, I hate iOS, and no TD-LTE.

Galaxy Note 3- Single band and too expensive

Galaxy Mega- Too big and low end specs

Galaxy S4 mini- Too small and low end specs

LG G2- No removable battery, no micro sd, and I don't like LG's software

Nexus 5- No removable battery, no micro sd, but updates straight from Google and lots of developer support.

• Like 2

Although I have a gut feeling that the Note 3 on Sprint will be 32GB, I'm curious to know why they just don't spell it out in the news brief. Unless its the 64GB version, but I doubt it. 

aarrgghh is all I can say at this point.

TS out

I highly doubt its the 64 GB version given that Verizon, ATT and TMobile are planning to sell the 32 GB version.  Now if Sprint does surprise us with the 64 GB version then it will warrant the additional $50 of $349 and I think most will be happy about that. 

However given the track record of the Sprint GS4 selling at $250 for the 16 GB version while the rest of the other carriers stuck to the $199 price point, I am leaning towards the Sprint Note 3 to be just the 32 GB.

Assume $699/24

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4

That is not how it works.  When I went to a Sprint store the payments are all evenly divided for 23 months and the 24th month has a slightly higher payment.  For example from what I saw for the Note 2, the retail price is $649...if you sign up for the One Up program your payments will be $27/23 months and the 24th month is $29.  It is weird like that.  I saw the same thing for all the phones where the evenly divided payments are for 23 months and the 24th month has a slightly higher payment.

Maybe someone who works at a Sprint store can confirm this and why they do this.

Anyone else getting the feeling that Sprint is doing all it can to lose subscribers who are interested in the cutting edge? I was so excited about the Note 3 but literally, the more I learn, the more I'm thinking of jumping ship.

Why would Sprint do that? Who knows the true reason why the Note 3 was left out of the triband LTE game. Besides the majority of the Sprint customers don't know that the Note 3 isn't going to be triband LTE.  Sprint will still sell a ton of Note 3 devices even if you explain to customers what triband LTE can do for you.  All people care about that are considering the Note 3 is a large screen size, S-pen and at least some LTE connection.  The rest of the stuff about triband LTE is left up to the tech nerds like us who care about the future of Sprint.

Besides all Sprint LTE phones going forward beginning 2014 will all be triband LTE.  Its just this set of LTE phones in 2H2013 that are iffy.  Not a big deal for most since they won't know what it means anyways.

• Like 2

Anyone know the full price. Or the price per month with one up.

I won't mind it being single band since I won't be able to take advantage of triband till mid next year.

Best Buy has the Note 3 for $999 no contract. Yikes

As for the Note 3 on Sprint with a contract for $350, I can't help to think what the guy (or folks) up high were thinking. They seriously think that offering a device that is more crippled and more expensive than their competitors will bring in the flood of customers to their door. Seriously? WTH. The more I think about it the more it doesn't make sense.

Granted most won't know the device isn't a tri-band, but the average person will still see that price and compare it to others and go for the other carrier, regardless of unlimited or One up..

If this is what Softbanks' Sons' mention of a secret weapon is, then the bomb just blew up. Poof.

maybe on Black Friday a deal will happen to lower that price.

TS

On their site it says 799.99 for the phone.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

Are they doing this so they can still claim we are getting a $450 subsidy? Maybe if it was triband I could understand why they would need to charge a $100 premium.

Why would Sprint do that? Who knows the true reason why the Note 3 was left out of the triband LTE game. Besides the majority of the Sprint customers don't know that the Note 3 isn't going to be triband LTE.  Sprint will still sell a ton of Note 3 devices even if you explain to customers what triband LTE can do for you.  All people care about that are considering the Note 3 is a large screen size, S-pen and at least some LTE connection.  The rest of the stuff about triband LTE is left up to the tech nerds like us who care about the future of Sprint.

Besides all Sprint LTE phones going forward beginning 2014 will all be triband LTE.  Its just this set of LTE phones in 2H2013 that are iffy.  Not a big deal for most since they won't know what it means anyways.

I have a question from the above statement about all of Sprint's phones will have tri-band capability.   Do we know that all of the Sprint phones being sold as of January 2014 will have Tri-Band capability?  Phones like the S4, HTC One, Note 3, for example?  I had not heard that as I thought that the line, if introduced before 2014, would always have the same radios and FCC approvals unless resubmitted.  What is the scoop for the phones that are sold as of Jan 2014?

I have a question from the above statement about all of Sprint's phones will have tri-band capability.   Do we know that all of the Sprint phones being sold as of January 2014 will have Tri-Band capability?  Phones like the S4, HTC One, Note 3, for example?  I had not heard that as I thought that the line, if introduced before 2014, would always have the same radios and FCC approvals unless resubmitted.  What is the scoop for the phones that are sold as of Jan 2014?

I'm pretty sure its all newly announced phones in 2014 will be triband. They will still be selling single band Note 3s two years from now most likely.

Sorry if I didn't make it clear.  I meant to say new LTE phones starting in 2014 will be triband.  The HTC One, GS4, Note 3, etc will still remain single band and will be sold for at least the next 2 years.