Samsung Galaxy Note 3

linhpham2

I personally don't care if Sprint reads our forums or not. Posts will follow the rules. Sprint has their forums to read complaints. Our members do not want to read them here. That's why the posting guidelines exist. Out members do not want to read through pages and pages of complaints.

Robert via Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 using Tapatalk

• Like 6

During my trip to Silicon Valley during the summer, I picked up 800Mhz voice and it was awesome. I can only imagine how awesome LTE would be if I had 800Mhz too.

Keep in mind that no matter what band it is on, LTE is still a more fragile airlink than CDMA 1x or Ev-DO. There's no doubt LTE 800 will have great coverage, but it won't be nearly as good as 1x 800 is turning out to be. Coverage should end up a bit better than it is with 1x on PCS, and about the same as ATT/VZW LTE is on 700 MHz.

So I read that there will be a Note 3 Active. Will probably have the new flexible display and as early as November. If so, it will probably Tri-Band.

Sent from my Note 2 using Tapatalk

I have been reading about this too on a Note 3 Active.  I wonder if this device actually exists, would Sprint carry it?  I'll be curious to see if Samsung is going to have a press release that talks about this.  Given that Sprint didn't carry the GS4 Active and only AT&T did, I doubt Sprint would carry a Note 3 Active.

So I read that there will be a Note 3 Active. Will probably have the new flexible display and as early as November. If so, it will probably Tri-Band.

Sent from my Note 2 using Tapatalk

Curved display, not flexible.

This message brought to you in part by Sprint and the letters GS and the number 4

What's the appeal of the curved display? I would think it would break or get scratched more easily. Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4

My guess is to design a smaller form factor with the largest possible screen.

I have been reading about this too on a Note 3 Active.  I wonder if this device actually exists, would Sprint carry it?  I'll be curious to see if Samsung is going to have a press release that talks about this.  Given that Sprint didn't carry the GS4 Active and only AT&T did, I doubt Sprint would carry a Note 3 Active.

Then again, they just might. Considering that in every breaking news brief that has mention Sprint offering the Note 3 that has comments, most if not all are complaining about the price and the one LTE band. The Sprint community forums are starting to get hit with complaints as well. (Hopefully the complaints have stopped here) still, with so much backlash on a flagship device, Sprint just may want to correct the problem by offering the Active. Then again, who knows if that device will be tri-band.

As for myself, I won't lie, I'm also disappointed, but it is what it is. Keep the rants elsewhere.

TS 

• Like 1

Curved display, not flexible.

This message brought to you in part by Sprint and the letters GS and the number 4

Then again, they just might. Considering that in every breaking news brief that has mention Sprint offering the Note 3 that has comments, most if not all are complaining about the price and the one LTE band. The Sprint community forums are starting to get hit with complaints as well. (Hopefully the complaints have stopped here) still, with so much backlash on a flagship device, Sprint just may want to correct the problem by offering the Active. Then again, who knows if that device will be tri-band.

As for myself, I won't lie, I'm also disappointed, but it is what it is. Keep the rants elsewhere.

TS 

It's a Flexible Display that they might curve, I don't think so tho. It will be released with the Note 3 Active to say they are the first and beat LG, it will be harder to break as a selling point for the active. If Sprint where to take it, it's late enough to have Tri-Band. I think, the Note 3 just happened to fall before they are ready to say it's a thing. The others are going to roll out just before the Holidays and after the first you'll see Sprint make a big deal out of it. Also, it will be time to start talking GS5.

Samsung calling it a Flexible Display

They knew LTE 800 was happening with more than enough time. You can't convince me otherwise. 2600 maybe, but doubtful. Extremely doubtful. Whatever the reason is, doesnt matter. What flagship will be tri band, that's all I want to know, so I can set aside the cash :D

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

Samsung and Sprint didn't do this to spite people. Likely it was because they ran out of time and didn't know what was going to happen at the end of the Dish debacle. Calm down everyone.

You bring up a very good point. most phones are in development months before their deployment and with the uncertainty back then about Clearwire, Dish, Sprint, Softbank etc, it may be that both parties decided to just go with the one band. Although some would say that the only wrinkle in that theory is how come other devices have the bands. I guess their development was much better and allowed for the inclusion of the extra bands.

TS

You bring up a very good point. most phones are in development months before their deployment and with the uncertainty back then about Clearwire, Dish, Sprint, Softbank etc, it may be that both parties decided to just go with the one band. Although some would say that the only wrinkle in that theory is how come other devices have the bands. I guess their development was much better and allowed for the inclusion of the extra bands.

TS

I think dual band may have even been contemplated, but Sprint probably stuck to their guns and said we are only going to go from single to triband phones to keep things simple. Then Apple came along and trolled as usual. Then probably around 3 weeks after the galaxy note 3 was into development, Sprint was ready for triband, and the development of the GS4 mini, G mega, LG G2, etc started.

I am staying with the theory that at least 90 percent of the prospective buyers and users of the Galaxy Note 3 will not notice the absence of tri band LTE.  It has LTE -- that is all they know, all they need to know.  But many of those same users of the Galaxy Note 3 would notice the absence of SVLTE.  They would be unpleasantly surprised were they to discover that a flagship "phablet" did not support simultaneous voice and data while off Wi-Fi.

I also do not expect Sprint to market tri band LTE aggressively.  VZW certainly does not do so with its newer dual band LTE devices.  So, for most users, any improved coverage from LTE 800 or higher speeds from TD-LTE 2600 will be just serendipity.

AJ

My apologies if it came off as a rant. Perhaps I could have toned it down a bit.

It's just frustrating to have upgrades available, wanting to stay on their network to keep my unlimited plan, and know that the iphone is dual band and the G2 is triband.

I wouldnt have been as disappointed if all these other phones that were coming out were single band. To be honest, they're not even an option for me at this point because once you get used to the screen size of the Note, it's hard to go back to a smaller screen.

The S3 I got for my mom doesn't even seem big enough at this point.

I guess I'll hold out hope for the HTC max to be dual or tri band if I decide to stay with SPrint

My apologies if it came off as a rant. Perhaps I could have toned it down a bit.

It's just frustrating to have upgrades available, wanting to stay on their network to keep my unlimited plan, and know that the iphone is dual band and the G2 is triband.

I wouldnt have been as disappointed if all these other phones that were coming out were single band. To be honest, they're not even an option for me at this point because once you get used to the screen size of the Note, it's hard to go back to a smaller screen.

The S3 I got for my mom doesn't even seem big enough at this point.

I guess I'll hold out hope for the HTC max to be dual or tri band if I decide to stay with SPrint

It's a little smaller but have you looked at the G2? It's bigger than the S4 but not as big as the Note and it has guaranteed Tri Band. 

Came in to join the discussion and this is the only thing I have to say about the Note 3 not having Tri-Band LTE radios.  No big deal, there's a good probability I'll end up upgrading again next year anwyay.

I was already willing to keep the Note 2 for another year, without any issues whatsoever.  Only reason I decided to take the plunge on the Note 3 was due to Samsung stepping up and offering a minimum 32gb internal storage (w/ 25gb usable).  To me, that is absolutely golden and one major thing I complained about last year, as compared to anything else.

Lastly, I'm more concerned about Sprint's slow NV updates, to where service at my house has gotten worse, when I was expecting it to get even better than it already was.  Sprint was the only provider to have extremely solid coverage at my house, but that is no longer the case, since NV started.  So, before I ever worry about having Tri-band LTE on any of my phones, I'd first like to see Sprint speed up the NV updates and make the network stable, rather than focusing on building out the extra 2 bands of LTE.  I'd even be happy if they managed to improve the 3G connectivity.

Another thing I'm hoping they did, since it's my understanding that the Note 3 will be a world phone, is have the SIM card accessible again (just like the Photon), as well as unlocked.  Even without the tri-band LTE, the Note 3 would have great value as a "world" phone, that could be used in other countries.

After I found out its not tridand I stopped following this so forgive me if its been covered.

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Problems: European And American Models Are Region Locked

http://www.ibtimes.com/samsung-galaxy-note-3-problems-european-american-models-are-region-locked-1411342

• Like 2

After I found out its not tridand I stopped following this so forgive me if its been covered.

http://www.ibtimes.com/samsung-galaxy-note-3-problems-european-american-models-are-region-locked-1411342

Thanks for the heads up. Not sure if it's the carriers wanting to make it harder to swap sims or samsung trying to avoid grey market sales. It sucks but to a large number of people this will be a challenge and it will likely be overcome. For now I have two other phones I can use and have act as hotspots if needed but this certainly does make it less attractive. Cross market selling does impact sales, but then again so does artificially inflating prices in different regions. I remember lots of shops back in England would have coke from Greece and other random countries as it was cheaper to buy it there and truck it in then buy the locally sold cans. Coke bitched that it wasn't right because the ingredients and nutritional (or lack of) information wasn't in English, so the importers just made labels and stuck them on. Sucks to try and shaft people to make money when the people are smarter than you, the more money you try and screw out of people the more incentive there is to find a way around it.

there has been a lot of confusion with this revelation ive heard that its software lock which means someone will work around it also some have said that its not as bad as it seems... its also hitting S2 s3 and S4s s4 mini and any other older notes  made after july.. i have a hard time thinking they revamped the entire process to put this block and just made it software in that case some facny chef someplace will fix it... if its hardware then  :wall:

sammobile has a good article addressing it 

http://www.sammobile.com/2013/09/26/heres-samsungs-vague-official-statement-regarding-galaxy-note-3s-regional-sim-lock/

• Like 1

Came in to join the discussion and this is the only thing I have to say about the Note 3 not having Tri-Band LTE radios.  No big deal, there's a good probability I'll end up upgrading again next year anwyay.

I was already willing to keep the Note 2 for another year, without any issues whatsoever.  Only reason I decided to take the plunge on the Note 3 was due to Samsung stepping up and offering a minimum 32gb internal storage (w/ 25gb usable).  To me, that is absolutely golden and one major thing I complained about last year, as compared to anything else.

Lastly, I'm more concerned about Sprint's slow NV updates, to where service at my house has gotten worse, when I was expecting it to get even better than it already was.  Sprint was the only provider to have extremely solid coverage at my house, but that is no longer the case, since NV started.  So, before I ever worry about having Tri-band LTE on any of my phones, I'd first like to see Sprint speed up the NV updates and make the network stable, rather than focusing on building out the extra 2 bands of LTE.  I'd even be happy if they managed to improve the 3G connectivity.

Another thing I'm hoping they did, since it's my understanding that the Note 3 will be a world phone, is have the SIM card accessible again (just like the Photon), as well as unlocked.  Even without the tri-band LTE, the Note 3 would have great value as a "world" phone, that could be used in other countries.

I'm right there with ya regarding the speed of NV upgrades lately. It would be interesting to hear from the executive team their strategy and reasoning.

While this may be how you feel about the Note3, it is quite a ways off from how other people feel. Most people don't have the luxury of upgrading every year, nor do most people travel over seas and have a need for a world phone.

If every phone in 2014 is going to be tri-band it is a pretty big oversight to launch a flagship model without tri-band 3 months before that date. Especially when you're planning to launch another model with tri-band and other companies already said they would do it. :dazed:

• Like 1

If every phone in 2014 is going to be tri-band it is a pretty big oversight to launch a flagship model without tri-band 3 months before that date. Especially when you're planning to launch another model with tri-band and other companies already said they would do it. :dazed:

I hear what you're saying, as I won't buy a non-triband phone at this point. But there has to transition period at some point... This is just where the line so happened to be drawn. 

• Like 1

I hear what you're saying, as I won't buy a non-triband phone at this point. But there has to transition period at some point... This is just where the line so happened to be drawn. 

I know it does, but it just doesn't make much sense when the mid range Mega 6.3 has tri-band and the Note 3 doesn't. That just seems unbelievable. Seems like that line was drawn a while back actually when you take into acct the Mega and s4Mini will both be tri-band. Oh well.