Samsung Galaxy Note 3

linhpham2

It could also be a Virgin Mobile or other MVNO device that accidentally got submitted to the FCC instead of Sprint.

There has to be a reason they're so quiet about this phone. If that FCC submission were indeed theirs, they would/should have made an announcement of some sort already.

They're obviously waiting for something to happen with either Samsung, or the FCC.

It could also be a Virgin Mobile or other MVNO device that accidentally got submitted to the FCC instead of Sprint.

There has to be a reason they're so quiet about this phone. If that FCC submission were indeed theirs, they would/should have made an announcement of some sort already.

They're obviously waiting for something to happen with either Samsung, or the FCC.

Go ahead and grasp at a few of those straws above.  While you are at it, read the posts above.

As you are new here, you get some slack.  But you obviously do not understand the FCC OET process.  Devices are often authorized weeks or even months before they are announced and released.  So, your conspiracy theory that the Sprint variant Galaxy Note 3 has yet to appear holds little water.

AJ

• Like 1

Go ahead and grasp at a few of those straws above.  While you are at it, read the posts above.

As you are new here, you get some slack.  But you obviously do not understand the FCC OET process.  Devices are often authorized weeks or even months before they are announced and released.  So, your conspiracy theory that the Sprint variant Galaxy Note 3 has yet to appear holds little water.

AJ

So what are they waiting on then?  My knowledge of how the FCC works aside. My theory holds as much validation as your theory and anybody elses for the simple fact that a) Sprint hasn't made any announcements at all for some strange reason and B) nobody knows anything concrete.

Edited by freeza

My theory holds as much validation as your theory and anybody elses for the simple fact that a) Sprint hasn't made any announcements at all for some strange reason and B) nobody knows anything concrete.

No, not all theories, hypotheses, opinions, etc., are created equal.  Some of us have been putting our names on posts, articles, maps, and spreadsheets for over a decade.  We have a track record; you do not.

AJ

• Like 1

Sprint has announced the phone, and like several phones in the past they haven't announced a date. This is not new. The LG G2 was announced by LG a long time ago. Sprint just recently announced the pre orders for it. They still haven't announced a release date. This is SOP for Sprint.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4

Sprint has a track record of announcing devices late for ex the moto x. They didn't announce a release date for that until a day before they got it . Which was like a week after AT&T n Verizon got it. Then also the galaxy mega which AT&T released on august 23 and even U.S cellular put out today and still no word from sprint and lg g2 which every other carrier released but sprint isn't going to be taking pre orders on until the 11th of October.

I have a different theory on why they have been quiet about the note 3 and other devices and it has to do with there contract with apple. I think they don't want any other flagship devices that could compete with the iPhone 5s on the shelves to guarantee they make a certain amount of money off of the iPhone 5s, at least for a couple of weeks

Honestly, I don't get all the times I hear people say a carrier tries to delay a product launch to keep sales of the iPhone isolated. People who are going to buy an iPhone are going to buy an iPhone. A Samsung or LG anything won't change that fact.

• Like 4

Honestly, I don't get all the times I hear people say a carrier tries to delay a product launch to keep sales of the iPhone isolated. People who are going to buy an iPhone are going to buy an iPhone. A Samsung or LG anything won't change that fact.

I think its more the on the fence people who know they want a smartphone but don't really know if they want an iPhone or an Android (if they even know the difference).

Obviously fan boys for either side have made up their minds and won't be swayed, but there are plenty of folks who can be.

• Like 1

That's not true. As a person who sells phones, there are still people that come in open minded. There are also people that are already decided on what they want, but I honestly try to make sure a person gets the best phone for their needs.

That's not true. As a person who sells phones, there are still people that come in open minded. There are also people that are already decided on what they want, but I honestly try to make sure a person gets the best phone for their needs.

I don't even sell phones and I've easily convinced 10 people to go Android over iPhone.

I don't even sell phones and I've easily convinced 10 people to go Android over iPhone.

Android simply isn't for everyone, as much as I like it or over iOS. Whatever works for my customers is what they will get.

This message brought to you in part by Sprint and the letters GS and the number 4

• Like 1

what a waste.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 4

Yeah, a lot of folks on Sprint feel very let down that this phone will lack LTE A & Triband support.  I suppose the one perk is that it *MAY support SVLTE so you can talk and surf the web.  For many lack of multi-band support is a deal killer.

-Will

• Like 1

When sprint has a 4 year 15.5billion dollar contract with apple. I think they are going to do what they can to sell more iphones. Tech guys like us are the minority most of us have a good idea on what phone we are going to get down to two or 3 phones, but there are a lot of people that just buy the phone for the name or because they saw a commercial about the phone , samsung and apple have that market cornered. For instance look at the htc one its a great phone , gets great reviews but isn't going to sell nearly as much as the gs4 or even iphone 5 and its just as good if not better in some aspects and that has mostly to do with marketing. I don't think sprint wants the iPhone to have to compete with the note 3 for sales right off the bat.

But then again it's only a theory so I could be wrong but I am just trying to look at it from a business perspective. Hopefully we see the note 3 on the 2nd of October

I understand the whole uninformed average customer example, but, most of my coworkers and friends are far from geeky but they still have strong feelings for the iPhone and Android phones. I don't know if I can say I have heard someone who truly said they didn't know which way they'd go between the two platforms.

My wife didn't know which phone she wanted didn't care about OS but once she saw the Note II and played with it she loves the idea of a note pad for work instead of trying to find a pen and pad of paper in her purse. It will be her first smart phone. I'm looking at the S4, but its been almost 3 years since I went phone shopping and all I cared about is a phone that I could take duck hunting so I went feature, a lot has changed in 3 years and honestly, I honestly (gosh I feel like I'm getting old) I have trouble keeping up, there is just too much yet for me to learn at this point to feel like I'm making a good informed decision.

My wife didn't know which phone she wanted didn't care about OS but once she saw the Note II and played with it she loves the idea of a note pad for work instead of trying to find a pen and pad of paper in her purse. It will be her first smart phone. I'm looking at the S4, but its been almost 3 years since I went phone shopping and all I cared about is a phone that I could take duck hunting so I went feature, a lot has changed in 3 years and honestly, I honestly (gosh I feel like I'm getting old) I have trouble keeping up, there is just too much yet for me to learn at this point to feel like I'm making a good informed decision.

You're right, a lot has changed.  It will take a little research to get up to speed. You've come to the right place to figure it all out.  That being said, If I could give you one bit of advice, I'd say, Make sure you get a tri-band LTE phone. With this single factor, at least your phone will be be able to take full advantage of Sprints new network (Network Vision). These phones will likely be hitting the store shelves next month. Right now you're looking at the LG G2 and Samsung Galaxy Mega. Others to follow.

Well my wife will be going for the Note, I was going to buy an S4 because it seems like a good phone with an IR blaster and I can get a waterproof case for it. I'd love triband but my wife wants to switch right when the Not3 comes out

But is the gn3 going to be lte-a?

No.

Whoa, not so fast.  The MSM8974 (Snapdragon 800) internal baseband is the same as the standalone MDM9625 baseband, which is LTE Release 10 capable.  Whether LTE Advanced features will ever be enabled in firmware, however, remains to be seen.

AJ

Whoa, not so fast. The MSM8974 (Snapdragon 800) internal baseband is the same as the standalone MDM9625 baseband, which is LTE Release 10 capable. Whether LTE Advanced features will ever be enabled in firmware, however, remains to be seen.

AJ

that's what I thought also.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 4

Well my wife will be going for the Note, I was going to buy an S4 because it seems like a good phone with an IR blaster and I can get a waterproof case for it. I'd love triband but my wife wants to switch right when the Not3 comes out

I would certainly try to delay that until triband is availale.  If you are going to be with Sprint, you really are going to want triband capability. 

Whoa, not so fast.  The MSM8974 (Snapdragon 800) internal baseband is the same as the standalone MDM9625 baseband, which is LTE Release 10 capable.  Whether LTE Advanced features will ever be enabled in firmware, however, remains to be seen.

AJ

Thank you for clarifying AJ, release 10 certainly holds some mystical prowess but which features will be adopted into Sprint's LTE-A network is what remains to be seen.  The possibility of an autonomous GN3 on Sprint almost makes it a candidate even if it lacks triband. 

-Will