Samsung Galaxy Note 3

linhpham2

Jonah O.: Thank you for your patience. Jonah O.: The Galaxy Note 3 is not currently available from Sprint. If we offer it in the future, you will find product details and pricing information on sprint.com and promotional information in our retail stores. We encourage you to monitor our news announcements posted online at newsroom.sprint.com to see if a change in availability occurs.

Sprint has many great phones with a variety of features to meet your needs. Visit sprint.com/phones to preview our device line up and shop for one that’s right for you. Jonah O.: There are rumors that it will be a triband phone but it has not declared officially. Jonah O.: As this phone has still not been launched by Sprint, I will not be able to comment upon the features of this phone. You: But as a Sprint employee can you tell if it is triband? Jonah O.: As this phone has still not been launched by Sprint, I will not be able to comment upon the features of this phone. You: isnt there anything in your system that tells you if it will have that capability? Jonah O.: I am sorry no information is uploaded in the system before a device is launched.

That's from online chat....so maybe there's still a 1% chance

That's from online chat....so maybe there's still a 1% chance

Reps know next to nothing when it comes to tech issues, such as tri band LTE.  You are wasting your time asking them for solid answers.

AJ

• Like 6

Reps know next to nothing when it comes to tech issues, such as tri band LTE.  You are wasting your time asking them for solid answers.

AJ

From that comment, I have a question resulting from conversations this morning with reps at a local Sprint franchise location and a corporate rep who was at our local Best Buy to assist with the Apple roll-out this morning.  Do I believe these folks who stated that I should choose to go ahead and upgrade to the Note 3 because this area (Waterloo, Iowa) will not see the network upgraded to take advantage of the tri-ban LTE until the end of 2014?

From that comment, I have a question resulting from conversations this morning with reps at a local Sprint franchise location and a corporate rep who was at our local Best Buy to assist with the Apple roll-out this morning. Do I believe these folks who stated that I should choose to go ahead and upgrade to the Note 3 because this area (Waterloo, Iowa) will not see the network upgraded to take advantage of the tri-ban LTE until the end of 2014?

Reps typically have no idea about what locations are getting what upgrades. Not to mention, plans can and do change.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4

• Like 1

i will probally get the note 3 on the one up program, i just hope it comes out before sprint stops the $0 down payments. By the time I have all three bands up and running where im at it will be time for an upgrade again. 

From that comment, I have a question resulting from conversations this morning with reps at a local Sprint franchise location and a corporate rep who was at our local Best Buy to assist with the Apple roll-out this morning.  Do I believe these folks who stated that I should choose to go ahead and upgrade to the Note 3 because this area (Waterloo, Iowa) will not see the network upgraded to take advantage of the tri-ban LTE until the end of 2014?

LTE800 should not take that long. mid 2014 in some areas perhaps.

• Like 1

No matter what market you are in, it makes absolutely zero sense to get a uniband phone.

You guys keep saying this a lot.  You act like the uni-band is equivalent or worse than 3g signal.  Granted, I really find that I'm wanting to understand what makes this so absolutely dire, but at the same time my emotions seem beyond reason as I think I'm so in love with the phone it would seem I'm prepared to ignore any good argument, lol.

Seriously though, assuming I can keep an open mind to the response, why all the complete hatred for the 1900 Mhz LTE signal.  What am I missing that makes this signal alone so absolutely lame?  Because it seems like while tri-band is supposed to be much more prevalent in all future devices, if you look backwards and just bought a device a few months ago, anyone who was maybe uni-band was not so overwhelmingly demolished for being such.

Maybe I find that I care less about it because in my area the 3g is so weak I can't even get that kind of signal, so even just the upgraded 3g from NV and possible sporadic 4g even out of a uni-band device still seem like massive upgrades to what I'm getting out of my HTC EVO LTE.  But you guys make me feel insane for thinking so.

You guys keep saying this a lot.  You act like the uni-band is equivalent or worse than 3g signal.  Granted, I really find that I'm wanting to understand what makes this so absolutely dire, but at the same time my emotions seem beyond reason as I think I'm so in love with the phone it would seem I'm prepared to ignore any good argument, lol.

Seriously though, assuming I can keep an open mind to the response, why all the complete hatred for the 1900 Mhz LTE signal.  What am I missing that makes this signal alone so absolutely lame?  Because it seems like while tri-band is supposed to be much more prevalent in all future devices, if you look backwards and just bought a device a few months ago, anyone who was maybe uni-band was not so overwhelmingly demolished for being such.

Maybe I find that I care less about it because in my area the 3g is so weak I can't even get that kind of signal, so even just the upgraded 3g from NV and possible sporadic 4g even out of a uni-band device still seem like massive upgrades to what I'm getting out of my HTC EVO LTE.  But you guys make me feel insane for thinking so.

Its because most people here believe that NV will be completed within a year and signing a 2 year contract on a phone would mean you missing out on its service upgrades. Everyone has their own opinions on the matter though. People might not see any service upgrades for awhile and also Sprint released their 1 year upgrade plan meaning more flexibility on what device your tied down to. Most people regard the Note 3's lack of tri-band a very bad decision on both Sprint and Samsung, since we don't know who's to blame yet. As for why people hate on 1900mhz, I dislike it because I lose LTE as soon as a step into a building. It could be my phone though, god I hate my evo lte  :mad:

Maybe I find that I care less about it because in my area the 3g is so weak I can't even get that kind of signal, so even just the upgraded 3g from NV and possible sporadic 4g even out of a uni-band device still seem like massive upgrades to what I'm getting out of my HTC EVO LTE. But you guys make me feel insane for thinking so.

And there you have it. 800mhz would fix that. I like to use my phone indoors and don't spend much time near the few sites in my area so 800 is a must for any future devices for me.

• Like 1

And there you have it. 800mhz would fix that. I like to use my phone indoors and don't spend much time near the few sites in my area so 800 is a must for any future devices for me.

Here, here. We just want good indoor coverage without being right next to the tower.

• Like 3

1900mhz is working good for me also with my Note 2 so I will probably go ahead and get the Note 3 and then use the On Up again next year to get the Note 4.  Was probably going to get it anyway even without the Triband so will actually be saving money.

Here's your press release for the uni-band phone.  Even if I was in a market jammed packed with sites, I still wouldn't get this device as I'd miss out on upcoming 2.6 rollout plus I know there would be that one time where I wished I had 800LTE and my wife was sitting next to me with 800LTE cruising along and I was rocking 1x 800.

http://newsroom.sprint.com/news-releases/samsung-galaxy-note-3-available-on-oct-4-with-sprint-unlimited-data-guarantee-for-life.htm

• Like 2

Argggg $349 instead of $299 like it is for all other carriers.

Yeah I changed my mind. That extra $50 is too much to swallow. I can't justify $350 on contract with no triband LTE. That's about $425 after activation fee and taxes. I guess I'll be sticking with the Nexus line. Please Nexus 5, blow me away.  :pinch:

• Like 4

Not sure why sprint pulls this crap. I would be so irritated if i was still looking to get the note 3. I am starting to get worried that the LG G2 will be $249 instead of the $199 like all the other carriers.

Sent from my Motorola Photon 4G using Tapatalk 2

• Like 2

And the question I want answered...how much onboard storage??

Should be 32 gb version since samsung said they are only selling 32 gb and 64 gb. Besides there is a sd card slot so it shouldnt matter.

Should be 32 gb version since samsung said they are only selling 32 gb and 64 gb. Besides there is a sd card slot so it shouldnt matter.

True, but I don't like the idea of a 16gb with more than half the space eaten by Samsung and only 7GB for actual apps, even if they did create some sort of janky apps2sd approach.

Also, I've had bad luck with SD card failure so I tend to be less trusting of external storage.