Network Vision/LTE - Cleveland/NE Ohio Market

Ianmac23

Possibly, but word of caution ... I've had eHRPD in the Falls for months before LTE popped up, so it is no guarantee that LTE is going to light up in the near future. However, the way NE Ohio has been getting LTE in the past month, I would certainly not count it out. Especially since they have been testing LTE in the Kent area for several months. I've picked up LTE a few times but then the next time I went through same area it was back to 3G.

I had eHRPD in stow forever too. The oy reason why I think Kent is being upgraded is because just Tuesday I would get .05 down and then yesterday I was pulling .70 down. Either way I'll take the progress

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

{style_image_url}/attachicon.gif ImageUploadedByTapatalk1396639272.914043.jpg 3G instead of 1X on Mayfield Rd. from Dorsh until Noble. Upgrading? ;)

Sent from my Blue iPhone 5C using Tapatalk ????

I've been getting LTE (albeit a relatively weak signal) on that stretch of Mayfield the last few days on my Note II. The tower on Warrenville Center between Mayfield and Herold is reported as having issues, and supposed to be fixed by May 1. Hopefully, the fix includes NV and/or LTE, and will get that area up to a strong, fast signal soon.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I've been getting LTE (albeit a relatively weak signal) on that stretch of Mayfield the last few days on my Note II. The tower on Warrenville Center between Mayfield and Herold is reported as having issues, and supposed to be fixed by May 1. Hopefully, the fix includes NV and/or LTE, and will get that area up to a strong, fast signal soon.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

I hope so :(

I have been getting LTE since about April 2nd, with LTE speeds consistently above advertised (around 9 Mbps).  Also, latency is as advertised (around 58 ms).  All this while indoors (about half bars).  It gets better outdoors.

I'm in 44124 area, Landerbrook drive.

• Like 2

I picked up an m8 the other day and today in Kent I keep roaming. I hope it's not a radio issue and it's just Kent being upgraded

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I have been getting LTE since about April 2nd, with LTE speeds consistently above advertised (around 9 Mbps).  Also, latency is as advertised (around 58 ms).  All this while indoors (about half bars).  It gets better outdoors.

I'm in 44124 area, Landerbrook drive.

Today, outdoors I get LTE but indoors (where I had LTE 2 days ago), back on 3G.

Good news today! I got on campus with my new m8 and picked this uploadfromtaptalk1397152892553.jpg

This is at Kent State University, and it still has CSFB issues but it will probably be fixed real soon

• Like 6

Good news today! I got on campus with my new m8 and picked this {style_image_url}/attachicon.gif uploadfromtaptalk1397152892553.jpg

This is at Kent State University, and it still has CSFB issues but it will probably be fixed real soon

I love how it says LTE with a spark symbol. Amazing haha.

I love how it says LTE with a spark symbol. Amazing haha.

It can be quite annoying and cluttered at the top of the M8. Right here I'm just listening to music and look at all the symbols on the top bar. Lol

• Like 2

I picked up an m8 the other day and today in Kent I keep roaming. I hope it's not a radio issue and it's just Kent being upgraded

I was at KSU on Friday and was getting LTE. I wasn't too far onto campus, I was at Franklin Hall but LTE was decent there. I meant to send you a note on here. So there seems to be light at the end of the tunnel there too :)

• Like 2

Probably because ther is still not a lot of sites that have active LTE in Cleveland proper yet. Just a guess.

Agreed. I was just up there over the weekend and had slight LTE signal by the Rock Hall and Science Center, but near Tower City I had 3G. They need to upgrade the infrastructure in Cleveland in general because anytime there is an event with many people downtown even basic signal for calls/texts is largely unusable. And it's not limited to Sprint because friends/family/coworkers with Verizon or AT&T had same problem as I have. 

• Like 1

As far as I can tell right now, any LTE being received in downtown is purely testing/pre-approval LTE still, so I wouldn't take any signal strengths you're getting at this point as scripture.  Once 3G 800 launches, cell service should be MUCH better downtown, even if it is low broadcast strength.

• Like 1

As far as I can tell right now, any LTE being received in downtown is purely testing/pre-approval LTE still, so I wouldn't take any signal strengths you're getting at this point as scripture.  Once 3G 800 launches, cell service should be MUCH better downtown, even if it is low broadcast strength.

Agreed, the density of cell sites downtown along with even lowered strength should still give everyone great cell reception on the 800 band.

I was at KSU on Friday and was getting LTE. I wasn't too far onto campus, I was at Franklin Hall but LTE was decent there. I meant to send you a note on here. So there seems to be light at the end of the tunnel there too :)

I'm getting LTE also now! The bad news is that its pretty week in Kent. The campus has it for the most part but downtown Kent doesn't. I hope they boost up the towers or something.

• Like 2

Well yeah, for anyone with the new tri-band phones. Anyone without is going to be out of luck, unless you're saying that enough of the population will have switched to tri-band phones alleviating some of the burden on the other bands. 

I think that's wishful thinking at best ... many people upgraded to the S4 or another non-tri-band devices. I doubt many will just throw those away for a tri-band phone anytime soon, not to mention from what I have heard, the tri-band devices have trouble in areas where the 3G NV upgrades haven't been done (ie. many places in Cleveland market) ... so tri-band devices aren't really worth it in this market for now. 

Also, isn't there still the restrictions on the 800 band near the border of Canada where markets could overlap each other? I know I was reading about that somewhere in here too. That may be a non-issue but I know it was brought up before.

p.s. - Yes, I know LTE is still in testing up there, I was merely corroborating what was said about why Cleveland hasn't been officially launched yet. Too many holes in the city the market is named for. :) 

• Like 1