Network Vision/LTE - Cleveland/NE Ohio Market

Ianmac23

After searching the site permits for Lake and Cuyahoga counties I have found that there quite a few sites that they havent even been issued permits to upgrade yet. i think the eastside will most likely be a while longer than the rest of NE Ohio but I hope I'm wrong.

And naturally I live in Beachwood.. Doh.. It seems to be creeping close to me but isn't there yet. Any chance on that being soon?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Okay so the Center Ridge in North Ridgeville tower is LTE active. Mapped all the way to work in Beachwood.. But I noticed something on my N5 this morning.. A different provider ID.. Still sprint though and different GCI numbers then I am used to seeing.. WOAH! Active Band 41 LTE TDD on all active LTE towers along 480 between North Ridgeville and Beachwood.

qezuhaja.jpg

pegyzure.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Oh I also saw a band 26 show up for a second but I'm sure it was a fluke...

The next time you connect to band 41, run and plot a few speed tests on Sensorly.  I'd be curious as to what you get since you probably have minimal channel congestion. 

And naturally I live in Beachwood.. Doh.. It seems to be creeping close to me but isn't there yet. Any chance on that being soon?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They probably will be lighting up you area sooner than later but who knows. I live in mentor and I don't see it happening before summer some time. They are creeping in from the east and they're suppose to start upgrades on the first tower in mentor sometime this spring. Hopefully as the weather gets better things will pick up a little.

The next time you connect to band 41, run and plot a few speed tests on Sensorly.  I'd be curious as to what you get since you probably have minimal channel congestion.

I'll do it on my way home today..

• Like 1

How in the world did you get band 41? I can't figure out how to enable it on my Nexus 5.

Do a search there are instructions for enabling band 41 and 26 someplace on S4GRU I think *#*#3282#*#*

Hudson Drive tower has been acting weird. It keeps jumping between Ev and Eh and today it was 1x until I toggled airplane mode a couple of times. I also see some purple around cuyahoga falls. Anyone know if there is tower upgrade going on or if those spots are just picked up from a distant tower

• Like 1

Hudson Drive tower has been acting weird. It keeps jumping between Ev and Eh and today it was 1x until I toggled airplane mode a couple of times. I also see some purple around cuyahoga falls. Anyone know if there is tower upgrade going on or if those spots are just picked up from a distant towerSent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

It wouldn't surprise me if Sprint was commencing an NV build-out on the tower. There are adjacent sites LTE live now. The signal from my local tower was doing goofy things for a few days as they were doing the transition and testing of equipment.

• Like 2

Hmm.. did not connect to Band 41 at all on the way home? I can't explain it.. had it all the way to work, had it none of the way home..

Maybe they were testing this morning?

Hmm.. did not connect to Band 41 at all on the way home? I can't explain it.. had it all the way to work, had it none of the way home..

Maybe they were testing this morning?

Well...  I think I found the problem.. took an update today which must have reset the band priority back to stock...  I just changed it back so hopefully the next time I can reconnect to band 41

• Like 2

Respectable speed from the Center Ridge Road tower in North Ridgeville.

Posted Image

And here is Avon on the new Lear bridge over rt 90

Posted Image

Respectable speed from the Center Ridge Road tower in North Ridgeville.

Posted Image

Sensorly's latency measurement must be really screwed up because Speedtest.net reports anywhere from 50-90ms over LTE depending on where you're at in the city. I'm loving this LTE but I'll love it more when CSFB is enabled. That's a royal pain in my ass right now. If I want to use LTE I have to force it.

Sensorly's latency measurement must be really screwed up because Speedtest.net reports anywhere from 50-90ms over LTE depending on where you're at in the city. I'm loving this LTE but I'll love it more when CSFB is enabled. That's a royal pain in my ass right now. If I want to use LTE I have to force it.Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I had even higher ping times for the first few weeks after my local tower got LTE. It's only been within the last week or two that ping times on sensorly got down to around 150ms again. And yes, I do think that 150ms is a tad high, but it's not enough of a motivator for me to get a separate app just to have slightly more accurate ping times.

I live in Warrensville Hts. by Thistledown and I finally have LTE at home as of today. Too bad I'm moving tomorrow. What luck. I have been noticing LTE coverage in a lot of new areas near me lately. 

• Like 3

I was around chapel hill in Akron last night so the network shouldn't have been bogged down or anything and I could only snag 1x and couldn't load anything at all. I toggled airplane mode many times and never got anything. I'm expecting the Akron, and cuyahoga falls area to be lighting up real soon. About a month ago I'd get speeds around 1.5 down on 3g and now I cant even get any 3g at all.

• Like 1

I was around chapel hill in Akron last night so the network shouldn't have been bogged down or anything and I could only snag 1x and couldn't load anything at all. I toggled airplane mode many times and never got anything. I'm expecting the Akron, and cuyahoga falls area to be lighting up real soon. About a month ago I'd get speeds around 1.5 down on 3g and now I cant even get any 3g at all.

Sounds promising

woke up to CSFB being Active in North Ridgeville.. I Assume the rest of the New LTE area turned on on Thursday/Friday in Lorain/ Extreme Western Cuyahoga got turned on too.

pretty good considering its been over 2 years since I got my first LTE sprint phone... :-)

• Like 3

I was around chapel hill in Akron last night so the network shouldn't have been bogged down or anything and I could only snag 1x and couldn't load anything at all. I toggled airplane mode many times and never got anything. I'm expecting the Akron, and cuyahoga falls area to be lighting up real soon. About a month ago I'd get speeds around 1.5 down on 3g and now I cant even get any 3g at all. Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

It seems LTE has been creeping down from Hudson and over from Kent. I'm in the Falls and have had a low LTE signal pop up over the past 5 days or so. I have full 3G signal but the actual data is pretty spotty when I do speed tests. I just ran one and did get 1.5 down, but it is early in the morning too. I've been trying to map with Sensorly to pinpoint where this test LTE tower is but have not been able to figure it out. I agree, though, it seems LTE is close to lighting up in the area.

It seems LTE has been creeping down from Hudson and over from Kent. I'm in the Falls and have had a low LTE signal pop up over the past 5 days or so. I have full 3G signal but the actual data is pretty spotty when I do speed tests. I just ran one and did get 1.5 down, but it is early in the morning too. I've been trying to map with Sensorly to pinpoint where this test LTE tower is but have not been able to figure it out. I agree, though, it seems LTE is close to lighting up in the area.

I agree, the way the towers have been acting seems to me like a launch is coming soon. One day full bars almost everywhere and then another day I'll get 1x only. I think this month is gonna be a good one for cleveland

• Like 1

Sitting in my office in Beachwood I Noticed my N5 displaying LTE.. No cause for alarm as it once and a while picks up a blip of LTE while switching towers.. Never locking on because lack of CSFB. This morning however it didn't go away.. Looking at signal check pro I notice the Provider ID for Sprint Band 41.. Screen shots and speed test.. 17mb down 2-3mb up at -116dBm.. It stays locked on even at -120 dBm. I have LTE band priority set to 41 25 26. And the phone is in normal operating mode.. (LTE is not forced on)

Apparently NetMonitor has no clue what I am connected to.. I have no idea what tower I'm connected to either....

ru2ybe3a.jpg

eny6egej.jpg

anajarym.jpg

jabenu8y.jpg

• Like 2

I live in Warrensville Hts. by Thistledown and I finally have LTE at home as of today. Too bad I'm moving tomorrow. What luck. I have been noticing LTE coverage in a lot of new areas near me lately. 

I remember around there was where my OG Epic first showed me the awesome WiMax speeds. Sorry you're moving. Strange times we live in where broadband data becomes such a consideration...

Sitting in my office in Beachwood I Noticed my N5 displaying LTE.. No cause for alarm as it once and a while picks up a blip of LTE while switching towers.. Never locking on because lack of CSFB. This morning however it didn't go away.. Looking at signal check pro I notice the Provider ID for Sprint Band 41.. Screen shots and speed test.. 17mb down 2-3mb up at -116dBm.. It stays locked on even at -120 dBm

Also good news, but the Beachwood industrial park area (like Chagrin Highlands) typically sees good coverage while the suburbs and residential areas don't. Sprint seems to have minimal or no tower leases around there but I'm only going off of the coverage problems typical of the area in the past, not hard data I admit. Maybe the NV work will remedy that...who knows if or when.

I also hope the lower bands get turned on soon, even if the 800 band could be a lost cause in Cleveland according to the experts here.

• Like 1