Network Vision/LTE - Cleveland/NE Ohio Market

Ianmac23

woke up to CSFB being Active in North Ridgeville.. I Assume the rest of the New LTE area turned on on Thursday/Friday in Lorain/ Extreme Western Cuyahoga got turned on too.

pretty good considering its been over 2 years since I got my first LTE sprint phone... :-)

CSFB went live at about 3am.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I remember around there was where my OG Epic first showed me the awesome WiMax speeds. Sorry you're moving. Strange times we live in where broadband data becomes such a consideration...  Also good news, but the Beachwood industrial park area (like Chagrin Highlands) typically sees good coverage while the suburbs and residential areas don't. Sprint seems to have minimal or no tower leases around there but I'm only going off of the coverage problems typical of the area in the past, not hard data I admit. Maybe the NV work will remedy that...who knows if or when. I also hope the lower bands get turned on soon, even if the 800 band could be a lost cause in Cleveland according to the experts here.

I read somewhere on this site that Akron and Youngstown within like a 50KM radius is not affected by IBEZ, so it's possible that band 26 could land there. I don't think not having band 26 will be a huge deal. Signal penetration on 1900 in Cuyahoga county is pretty good in most places. It may only be a big issue in large buildings, and even then, you'll at least have 800SMR :)

Loving LTE at Avon Commons...

Posted Image

• Like 4

That's pretty good for band 25! The best band 25 speed test I ever got was in Parkman, just a little over 32Mbps down and around 10Mbps up. I guess not too many people are using the LTE there :D .

• Like 1

I got over 2mbps download on my old photon using 3g in Rootstown. Seems pretty good for 3g to me, at least compared to what I have been getting. Who needs lte ... smile.

Should have taken the wife's photon Q, could have checked out the new LTE there.

Seriously though, can I realistically expect over 2mbps on 3g when spark is done and the network is tuned?

Jim, Sent from my Photon 4G using Tapatalk 2

I got over 2mbps download on my old photon using 3g in Rootstown. Seems pretty good for 3g to me, at least compared to what I have been getting. Who needs lte ... smile.

Should have taken the wife's photon Q, could have checked out the new LTE there.

Seriously though, can I realistically expect over 2mbps on 3g when spark is done and the network is tuned?

Yeah that's good!

Sent from my Galaxy 4 using tapatalk

• Like 1

Where LTE is live I would expect 3g to be around 1.5 to 2 down

This is Streetsboro where LTE is live and I tested 3g only. Personally its not bad at all. This is 730 rush hour too!

uploadfromtaptalk1394194981755.jpg

• Like 3

Something may be up on the Eastside. I didn't go into instant roaming this most recent time until almost reaching the corner of Cedar and Richmond by Legacy Village - so there MAY be work going on around there although it's disappointing it didn't hold.

I also was able to be in a restaurant in a different area further East and hold a low 1-2 bar phone signal and 4G (still WiMax on my old phone) where I couldn't before.

And finally, in my office to the East and South I've been unable to connect to the 4G WiMax signal for the past few days. I doubt it's my phone since I can by just moving a few miles away. When (hopefully not IF) the 4G connection comes back I wonder if it could be faster or steadier.

The suspense starts.

Edited by dergasmann

This seems to be the max speed I've gotten in Westlake

Posted Image

It's the tower on Columbia and Center Ridge across from GetGo, behind Walgreens.

I can get WiMax 4G inside my Warrensville Heights office again, although only 1 bar and no faster than it was before I think. People with LTE Sprint phones though may be seeing more impressive or widespread coverage around here, but I have no way of knowing since I know few people who have it around here (ahem). I'll test again outside later.

I can get WiMax 4G inside my Warrensville Heights office again, although only 1 bar and no faster than it was before I think. People with LTE Sprint phones though may be seeing more impressive or widespread coverage around here, but I have no way of knowing since I know few people who have it around here (ahem). I'll test again outside later.

I didn't think wimax was supposed change since it is not part of nv. Are they changing the panels or the backhaul or something on the wimax towers?

I didn't think wimax was supposed change since it is not part of nv. Are they changing the panels or the backhaul or something on the wimax towers?

I'm fairly sure that Sprint announced that they were immediately terminating further WiMAX deployment when they announced NV.  I would imagine that they will still do routine maintenance until they pull the WiMAX plug, whenever that will be.  I'm temporarily back to my WiMAX capable phone now and I've been plotting some service area sites not too far from where I live for the heck of it.  I figure it'll eventually get band 41 and it'll be nice to know the footprint since it probably won't show up on Sprint's spark coverage maps.  I did do a speed test today on WiMAX and got over 10Mbps down and about 1.5Mbps up :D

• Like 1

I caught an LTE signal on Mayfield Rd near Brainard for the first time today. I got about 10Mbps down and 5Mbps up, and then around the intersection of Mayfield and Som Center, the signal degraded enough that I got less than 0.5Mbps down at that point, but it's the closest to my home area that I've seen 4g so far!

Posted Image

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

I caught an LTE signal on Mayfield Rd near Brainard for the first time today. I got about 10Mbps down and 5Mbps up, and then around the intersection of Mayfield and Som Center, the signal degraded enough that I got less than 0.5Mbps down at that point, but it's the closest to my home area that I've seen 4g so far!

Posted Image

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

It's getting closer!! :) I go to school at Notre Dame so I hope it gets that far soon.

Sent from my Blue iPhone 5C using Tapatalk ????

• Like 1

Update! Chapel hill mall area has LTE! I'm currently on how ave with LTE. Ill map what I can today

Is this honkin' strong LTE, or what I like to call residual LTE?  If it were me, I'd hold off on the Sensorly plots until it lands locally; otherwise, the plots will be inaccurate and they take forever to correct. :)

Is this honkin' strong LTE, or what I like to call residual LTE? If it were me, I'd hold off on the Sensorly plots until it lands locally; otherwise, the plots will be inaccurate and they take forever to correct. :)

I couldn't really check it. I was sitting in pulp on Howe Ave and look down and have 2 to 3 bars of LTE ran 1 speed test and got like 4 down or something

Driving from Streetsboro to Hudson/stow area I usually always drop calls. This morning the transfer was flawless and I never dropped the call.

• Like 1

So my ride to work today from North Ridgeville to Beachwood along 480 was weird... Everyplace which hasn't received LTE yet which is usually eHRPD was evdo, or 1x only.. (Except north Olmsted which is still evdo).

I'm thinking perhaps another cluster will be switched on soon?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

• Like 2