Network Vision/LTE - Cleveland/NE Ohio Market

Ianmac23

Yikes looks like CSFB is turned off in North East Ohio.. Galaxy tab says 4G.. Nexus 5 only connects for a second and then drops to 1x and EVDO.. Not even eHRPD. Has been like this since 2:00 this afternoon and is consistent from Beachwood to North Ridgeville. Numerous reboots and network resets result with the same no LTE issue..

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Works just fine here. I was on LTE the entire time I was working in Westlake.

Mayfield Heights is close to South Euclid (where I go to school) so I hope those upgrades are coming true :(

Sent from my Blue iPhone 5C using Tapatalk ????

I live on South Euclid, so I'm hoping upgrades in this area happen soon, too. As it is now, I just received an Airave last week, since for the past few months, incoming phone calls wouldn't even ring inside my house. The Airave has "fixed" that issue, but I still get mostly just 1x around town. My contract isn't up until December but if things don't improve before the S5 is released, I'll probably jump ship for T-Mobile and take advantage of their ETF reimbursement.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Works just fine here. I was on LTE the entire time I was working in Westlake.

Hmm.. maybe along the 480 corridor?.. I never hit the Westlake towers...  I haven't been able to use my phone in beachwood area without first manually switching to 3g only since tuesday.. and yesterday it was all over.. seemed like everyplace I was.. even went so far as to delete epst settings, flash back stock rom, and let the phone reactivate itself with no improvement whatsoever.. (you never know when Cyanogen will incorporate a bug in the nightly).  Hopefully it's fixed soon..

• Like 1

I live on South Euclid, so I'm hoping upgrades in this area happen soon, too. As it is now, I just received an Airave last week, since for the past few months, incoming phone calls wouldn't even ring inside my house. The Airave has "fixed" that issue, but I still get mostly just 1x around town. My contract isn't up until December but if things don't improve before the S5 is released, I'll probably jump ship for T-Mobile and take advantage of their ETF reimbursement.

I've got a T-mobile SIM ready and waiting to go. But I'm keeping it sealed since the phone I want isn't out yet anyway and I've put Sprint on watch with the Governor's slim chance of an 11:58pm phone call ;)

• Like 2

LTE coverage was on and off yesterday from the Chapel Hill area. 

My local tower in Cuyahoga Falls appears to have been shut down last night as I was roaming on Verizon for Data and for voice this morning. 

LTE coverage has been creeping toward the Falls from North (Stow/Kent) and from Southwest (Fairlawn/Montrose/Bath) . I first started getting it near State Rd / N. Portage Path about a month or so ago, but the tower at the bottom of the hill in the valley has LTE -- it just isn't turned on all the time, seems they are testing more and more frequently though. 

This morning when I was leaving for work I had a couple bars LTE and it increased toward Rt 8 and I was able to keep it all the way until the Glenwood overpass on Rt. 8 South. So it appears the tower by Cuy Falls HS may have been upgraded and possibly one over opposite side of Rt. 8 from Stonehedge. 

• Like 1

I've got a T-mobile SIM ready and waiting to go. But I'm keeping it sealed since the phone I want isn't out yet anyway and I've put Sprint on watch with the Governor's slim chance of an 11:58pm phone call ;)

If you want to go to tmo then go, we don't need to hear about it. We are on the verge of actually getting a good sprint network in this market. If you have been following these post you would know that. Those of us that have been waiting for awhile are glad we are almost there. Why anyone would think they needed to post some kind threat to leave sprint on this site is beyond me. We don't control sprints progress, we celebrate it since those of us with a little patients are poised to reap real rewards.

Sorry about my rant. Just tired of reading threats to leave if sprint doesn't do such and such by someone's personal timeline. Post it on tmos blog. They will love it there.

Jim, Sent from my Photon 4G using Tapatalk 2

• Like 2

If you want to go to tmo then go, we don't need to hear about it. We are on the verge of actually getting a good sprint network in this market. If you have been following these post you would know that. Those of us that have been waiting for awhile are glad we are almost there. Why anyone would think they needed to post some kind threat to leave sprint on this site is beyond me. We don't control sprints progress, we celebrate it since those of us with a little patients are poised to reap real rewards.

Sorry about my rant. Just tired of reading threats to leave if sprint doesn't do such and such by someone's personal timeline. Post it on tmos blog. They will love it there.

Take it easy. Sometimes it just feels good to vent to other people who are in the same situation. Anybody who's been with Sprint in this area for more than a few months has already displayed some patience with the process, and nobody is saying that the upgrade process is easy, or that progress isn't being made. I've been with Sprint for almost 4 years, and I'm very hopeful that I'll be able to enjoy a high level of service soon without switching carriers, but I completely understand the frustration that comes with dealing with 1x data speeds in the meantime (I haven't had anything better than 0.5Mbps downstream around my house in close to a year).

• Like 1

Take it easy. Sometimes it just feels good to vent to other people who are in the same situation. Anybody who's been with Sprint in this area for more than a few months has already displayed some patience with the process, and nobody is saying that the upgrade process is easy, or that progress isn't being made. I've been with Sprint for almost 4 years, and I'm very hopeful that I'll be able to enjoy a high level of service soon without switching carriers, but I completely understand the frustration that comes with dealing with 1x data speeds in the meantime (I haven't had anything better than 0.5Mbps downstream around my house in close to a year).

I have been with Sprint since 2000 and since then I have endured the seemingly endless "4G" promises, so I completely understand the frustration. I do, however, agree with irwinshere on this one. This isn't a platform for bashing Sprint since this community is a community made up entirely for tracking progress of those aforementioned "4G" promises. 

One of my co-workers is a Sprint subscriber right now (iPhone) and complains all the time. When I told him about LTE starting to light up in the area (he lives near me too) he was unimpressed and touted how great Verizon's 4G coverage is. Their map is certainly impressive looking ... and sure, they did have LTE presence in this market (at least in the Akron subset) before Sprint -- but many I know with Verizon have tons of complaints that they barely get 3G speeds on their devices even when they have full signal. I've heard similar from AT&T and T-Mobile subscribers. 

T-Mobile has a very aggressive and ballsy Marketing campaign going ... offering to pay ETFs from other carriers for switching. I, for one, am not going to miss all those who think the grass is greener on the other side. Leaves our new, long-awaited LTE network for the rest of us to enjoy. 

Everyone is entitled to their opinions. Do I think Sprint has handled their 4G implementation the greatest? Heck no, but they were also bit by a few snags outside their control. I think with the backing of SoftBank, Sprint is on the right path. Only time will tell whether NV is all it is cracked up to be ... and Spark is an even bigger question mark. But I'll take visible progress when we've suffered for so long with none. :)

• Like 2

Right. He/She can vent if they want... I'm still angry about LTE (do you know how many LTE phones I've been through since we were promised LTE?). I'm just being patient because I have faith that sprint's LTE network, Spark, and other innovations by them will overpower other networks. Plus, I'm in college and they're pretty decent with the bill and everything lol. Don't be so quick to jump down someone's throat when they're paying for their phone bill and not getting the a service they WANT/NEED.

Sent from my Blue iPhone 5C using Tapatalk ????

Looks like folks aren't wasting any time with Sensorly plotting the newly discovered LTE in northern Summit County ;)

You're welcome haha j/k. It has been more out of curiosity than anything for me and there's at least one other mapper in this area.

I do think the tower by Cuy Falls HS is now live because LTE has been consistent there since a day or two ago. Now if only they'd get Rex's tower working and probably all the rest of the Falls west of Rt.8 would light up. Good to see it finally reaching this area since it has been lighting up in nearly every other direction.

Edited by StyxPhoenix

Irwinshere did fine by me. Kick the whiners to the curb. We don't host Sprint complaints. Period.

I could complain as much as the rest of you. No one is even disagreeing with them. But people don't come here to read through complaints, they come here to find out and track progress. So please leave your complaints at the door and post productively. Everyone is free to complain about Sprint. They can even lodge formal complaints. But they can't do it here.

Carry on.

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 5

We all have reasons to complain. I bought a photon 4g the day it came out. No wimax then, no wimax now, no wimax later. The promised ics update was canceled forever. Still running gingerbread. Bought a photon Q for the wife the day it came out. It has its own list of issues, not to mention no lte anywhere that we live, work or play.

But I am not bringing anyone else down. I am not threatening to leave sprint if they don't do my tower before your tower.

Instead I joined s4gru and contributed when I could. Checked out the completed towers maps and charts and watched their progress. Looked at my area on sensorly to confirm what I learned here at s4gru. There is light at the end if the tunnel. I am pumped.

• Like 3

Hmm.. maybe along the 480 corridor?.. I never hit the Westlake towers...  I haven't been able to use my phone in beachwood area without first manually switching to 3g only since tuesday.. and yesterday it was all over.. seemed like everyplace I was.. even went so far as to delete epst settings, flash back stock rom, and let the phone reactivate itself with no improvement whatsoever.. (you never know when Cyanogen will incorporate a bug in the nightly).  Hopefully it's fixed soon..

On center ridge. The tower on Columbia and Center Ridge has LTE, as does the one near Crocker Park. I was at Dollar Bank working on the roof. If you're interested go have a look at the new LTE antennas I installed.

• Like 3

I've been out of town for the past week! I'm excited to get back since we have all this talk about your stow/Kent area! I left the day after my tower went down in stow!

• Like 1

On center ridge. The tower on Columbia and Center Ridge has LTE, as does the one near Crocker Park. I was at Dollar Bank working on the roof. If you're interested go have a look at the new LTE antennas I installed.

Found my issue.. Was a bug in CM11 last week which appeared to hose the sprint APN information... Had to completely flash back to stock to get CSFB to work again... Once I did that I was able to put the latest nightly of CM11 on and all is hunky dory now.:-)

Found my issue.. Was a bug in CM11 last week which appeared to hose the sprint APN information... Had to completely flash back to stock to get CSFB to work again... Once I did that I was able to put the latest nightly of CM11 on and all is hunky dory now.:-)

This is the reason why I won't run nightlies.

Looks like they have turned on LTE at State Rd. / Portage Trail in the Falls. I got home from work and noticed full signal where I have been only getting a weak LTE signal from one of the other towers, but that was not consistent. This morning it is still on and full signal. There's finally light at the end of the "promised 4G" tunnel we've been living in .... haha

LTE_Falls.jpg

• Like 1

Looks like the Chagrin and Green tower is active in Beachwood..Posted Image

• Like 1

Awesome! Should that cover most of Beachwood?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Well, it may be a reach for Legacy Village ... I think the one at Cedar and Green would be a bit more beneficial for the northern parts, well, and/or the one near Beachwood Place. Still good to see that area turning on too though. 

Looks like they have turned on LTE at State Rd. / Portage Trail in the Falls. I got home from work and noticed full signal where I have been only getting a weak LTE signal from one of the other towers, but that was not consistent. This morning it is still on and full signal. There's finally light at the end of the "promised 4G" tunnel we've been living in .... haha

LTE_Falls.jpg

Well, hopefully that means that I will no longer be roaming on Verizon. That is my tower, very close to my house, and I started pulling LTE yesterday afternoon but I was still roaming on VZW for 1X voice. Very annoying. 

• Like 1