Network Vision/LTE - Cleveland/NE Ohio Market

Ianmac23

I am still on a 1500 family share plan with unlimited data and looked into switching my 5 lines to framily the other day and the result was a bill about $50 or so a month higher.  Not sure why.  Could have been that they included the monthly cost of new phone but it was certainly not worth the switch.

Did you upgrade any phones after January 2014? If so Spring charges a $15/month fee on top of normal Framily per line charges since you recently upgraded and are switching to the Framily plan.

Otherwise, it might not be worth it until you get 7 or more lines on your Framily ($25 x 7 = YAY)

I just purchased a home less than .5 miles north of CL03XC150 which is the tower behind Lyndhurst Municipal Court at Mayfield and Richmond.  The tower has great signal to the west but is horrific to the North.  Just a few feet from the tower and I am already down to -95 db.  At my house, where I can physically see the tower, outside I get -105db if I am lucky LTE and inside LTE is almost non-existent.  Worst yet, 1x/36 is about -98db inside my home.  Again I can see the tower.  Is there a reason this tower simply does not have any strength north.  Are there plans to add antennas or increase strength to anyone's knowledge? 

There is a tower north of Wilson Mills by Richmond Rd. but that does not seem to reach me either.

I am literally right behind Lyndhurst Park and cannot use the tower which is right there.

Additionally, the tower is at the Municipal building/courthouse and is also not usable from inside the building.  This is going to be a real problem for me if this is not remedied.

Any word on 800 SMR in the area.  There is 1 active at 271 and Mayfiled I believe but my G2 has never connected to it.  I have not seen 800 SMR since a test 6 or so months ago in the basement of the old courthouse on a Note 3.  At that time I was suing a custom PRL.  I can't imagine once 800 SMR is up and running a custom PRL will be required to connect though.

Have you called Sprint to report weak signal? They should be able to send out a tech to diagnosis the tower and make adjustments if necessary.

Edited by yarmock

The Sprint coverage map was updated on 6/13/2014 and now Cleveland is there as having LTE coverage.

I think that's a little premature, as there are still several places where I can't get LTE.

I live in stow and I don't get lte at my place. There is 1 tower that is taking forever to get flipped over. LTE is shaky in Northeast Ohio, this is not what I expected out of sprint.

Sent from my HTC M8

The Sprint coverage map was updated on 6/13/2014 and now Cleveland is there as having LTE coverage.

I think that's a little premature, as there are still several places where I can't get LTE.

I agree.

Sent from my Gold iPhone 5S using Tapatalk ????

Nah, I don't think so.There's far more LTE penetration here than in other launched markets.  However, I think it's real wishful on Sprint's part to have this kind of LTE footprint unless perhaps they somehow have SMR-LTE up their sleeve somewhere.  In my observations, the "best" areas indicate LTE coverage, no matter how good or lousy, and "fair' often times means no LTE reception at all.

Nah, I don't think so.There's far more LTE penetration here than in other launched markets. However, I think it's real wishful on Sprint's part to have this kind of LTE footprint unless perhaps they somehow have SMR-LTE up their sleeve somewhere. In my observations, the "best" areas indicate LTE coverage, no matter how good or lousy, and "fair' often times means no LTE reception at all.

Premature = too early. Meaning there may be LTE in those "best areas" but lousy, fair, or non-working LTE shouldn't be considered best.

Sent from my Gold iPhone 5S using Tapatalk ????

• Like 1

Nah, I don't think so.There's far more LTE penetration here than in other launched markets.  However, I think it's real wishful on Sprint's part to have this kind of LTE footprint unless perhaps they somehow have SMR-LTE up their sleeve somewhere.  In my observations, the "best" areas indicate LTE coverage, no matter how good or lousy, and "fair' often times means no LTE reception at all.

What I'm experiencing is that some areas where they have it labeled "best", I get no LTE at all (indoors or outdoors).  I just think they should have labeled more areas as "fair". 

• Like 2

I live in stow and I don't get lte at my place. There is 1 tower that is taking forever to get flipped over. LTE is shaky in Northeast Ohio, this is not what I expected out of sprint.

Sent from my HTC M8

Are you getting good lte from the other towers in the Stow/Kent area yet?

Jim, Sent from my Photon 4G using Tapatalk 2

Are you getting good lte from the other towers in the Stow/Kent area yet?

In Kent I get very low LTE or nothing at all in downtown. On campus I get full bars though. In stow the Hudson drive tower is great but around 91 and Graham road I get nothing because the 1 tower isn't lit yet

Sent from my HTC M8

In Kent I get very low LTE or nothing at all in downtown. On campus I get full bars though. In stow the Hudson drive tower is great but around 91 and Graham road I get nothing because the 1 tower isn't lit yet

Sent from my HTC M8

How about near the high school? I hear there is good signal there.

How about near the high school? I hear there is good signal there.

I talked to a sprint rep today and idk how good his info was but he told me most of the towers in the stow and Kent area only have 1 or 2 sectors complete. He said many of them are only 1 sector complete so only 1 of the 3 sides of the tower are done. That's why you might get strong signal at one place then little to none on the other side of the tower.

Sent from my HTC M8

• Like 1

I talked to a sprint rep today and idk how good his info was but he told me most of the towers in the stow and Kent area only have 1 or 2 sectors complete. He said many of them are only 1 sector complete so only 1 of the 3 sides of the tower are done. That's why you might get strong signal at one place then little to none on the other side of the tower.

Sent from my HTC M8

That makes sense to me, although why would they only upgrade one of the sectors and leave the rest for another time?

That makes sense to me, although why would they only upgrade one of the sectors and leave the rest for another time?

I would be very surprised if they activated one sector before the others were upgraded. They may only have one upgraded but I doubt they would activate a site until all sectors were upgraded successfully. I suppose there could be exceptions to the rule, but in general I wouldn't think that they would want that customer experience. 

im curious to find out what i going on in NEO- there was about a month that i was getting strong LTE @ work and home, but for the past 3 weeks or so- unless im outside its 3g only and when i get lte speeds are around 2-3 down and .7-1.25 up.

Is this a suituation where the focus is now on spark? if so i guess im out of luck as i dont have a tri band phone.

It's funny how this thread just dies every once in a while.  I try to revive it so the people who are WAAAY smarter than me can help enlighten me on what is going on.  My contract is up and I'm just waiting on the new iPhone and I want to know if Sprint will be a viable carrier or not once I make my decision in September.  Thanks all!

• Like 1

I know there's been retuning exercises going on - and they're still trying to run out the last few towers that aren't fully upgraded with 3G & LTE.  Other than that - they're going to be working on expanding 1X and LTE into the 800 MHz range, but as of last notice are blocked/hindered by Cleveland Metro Area's rebanding of the public support usage frequencies, not to mention the border area with Canada. Those are coming, but timelines are fluid - I'm hoping by Winter, though, give the 800MHz deploys elsewhere.

On the Spark topic - definitely some of that going on given the past Clearwire presence here. Though I wouldn't say that's the pure focus - likely just what's unblocked at the moment. Haven't heard anything about the new 8T8R deploys starting here yet, though that'd be awesome if it happens.