Network Vision/LTE - Cleveland/NE Ohio Market

Ianmac23

Update: still the same here at 9th and Lakeside. Fast network at 7am and mostly unusable after 9am...and all of this is for 3G (iPhone 4S...not going to pay for a 4G phone until I'm sure I will stick with them and that the network works sufficiently).

LTE is pretty damn fast throughout the day in downtown Cleveland. I'll look for some speed tests.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

NiteSnow, i know my phone doesn't have LTE but if they have LTE pretty damn fast i'm hoping that 3G speeds would be usuable too??

3G will probably be pretty saturated by people who don't want to get new phones.

That means no iPhone huh? Unless by some miracle the new 6 is tri-band (which it probably won't be....)

Well the 5s/c is dual band, so its not much of a stretch to think the 6 would be tri-band. If it's not that would be a pretty sucky move on Apple's part. iPhone users would be doomed to perpetually slower speeds, and would blame the network instead of their phones.

Sent from my Nexus 5

• Like 1

so when us "cheapskates" all get new phones will we encounter the same issue?? :)

I doubt it because by then more network upgrades should have been done. When people get phones that support Spark (Tri-Band LTE) network load will be pushed to other bands like 800MHz and 2600MHz so 1900MHz will be less congested.

• Like 1

I doubt it because by then more network upgrades should have been done. When people get phones that support Spark (Tri-Band LTE) network load will be pushed to other bands like 800MHz and 2600MHz so 1900MHz will be less congested.

i thought that I read that we were in a unique situation here in the Cleveland market  because of our proximity to Canada and the use of all the bands?

• Like 1

i thought that I read that we were in a unique situation here in the Cleveland market because of our proximity to Canada and the use of all the bands?

A carrier called Mike in Canada is still using 800MHz SMR for iDEN. I don't think Canada has approved LTE for use in the SMR band. If Sprint's LTE and CDMA network where to cause interference with iDEN I don't think iDEN would be able to mitigate the interference.

If anyone wants to join a framily, my family has 7 spots open. (I realize my phone says T-mobile because I switched carriers but my mother, sister and brother are still in a framily). The code to join is: #y00523801mF.

I can approve you if you just let me know that you signed up to be apart.

Thanks guys.post-27661-140069003493_thumb.jpg

Sent from my Gold iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

I've been off for awhile simply testing the network as a normal person and not searching and hounding for towers lol there are some issues I've found. Many time I am in LTE areas like Kent or even Streetsboro and my phone will go to roaming and will not go back to 3g or LTE. Now me being a person with some knowledge I simply toggle airplane and I have LTE but for many they may think the network is bad. Are they still fine tuning these areas? I've also noticed that some towers are very powerful and some are very weak. The frost road tower I can pick up all over streetsboro but the 3 Kent towers I can only pick up if I'm within seeing distance. Kent has very poor LTE and I'm usually roaming in Kent.

Any one who can help or inform me of my situation I'd appreciate it!

Sent from my HTC M8

Yeah, the one on Frost Rd. seems to be in a good location as I connected to it when I was in Bainbridge (Geauga County). Unfortunately with the foliage mostly out now, it further attenuates radio signals, especially being primarily 1.9GHz too. I lose LTE more frequently when I travel now since all the leaves came out a couple weeks ago. :(

Anyone able to update/verify that downtown speeds are still 4G-like? thanks.

I've been getting 4G in the E4th/Gateway districts lately, but not indoors or in alleys. I assume the signal will continue to be spotty in areas without a clear view of the sky until the IBEZ issues are resolved.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

Have LTE at Progressive field. Pulling 5 up and 5 down. Also had it at dinner at Harry buffalos. No complaints here.

Sent from my HTC M8

• Like 2

I've been getting 4G in the E4th/Gateway districts lately, but not indoors or in alleys. I assume the signal will continue to be spotty in areas without a clear view of the sky until the IBEZ issues are resolved.

Are you specifically referring to LTE at 800mhz or are there IBEZ issues with band 25 also?

Sent from my XT1049 using Tapatalk

Are you specifically referring to LTE at 800mhz or are there IBEZ issues with band 25 also?

Sent from my XT1049 using Tapatalk

I was referring to the 800mHz, which as I understand it, would greatly improve coverage indoors.

Yep. Though I should note, even with the NV 1.0 that's come so far (1.9Ghz 3G + LTE) I'm getting much better signal on my HTC One in a downtown office building - I can now generally keep a reliable connection during the day without the phone continually tower hopping. And in more internal rooms, connections are now possible with both technologies, where previously not even a 1X connection could be reliably established.

• Like 1

If anyone wants to join a framily, my family has 7 spots open. (I realize my phone says T-mobile because I switched carriers but my mother, sister and brother are still in a framily). The code to join is: #y00523801mF.

Thanks guys.attachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1400690030.474491.jpg

I am still on a 1500 family share plan with unlimited data and looked into switching my 5 lines to framily the other day and the result was a bill about $50 or so a month higher.  Not sure why.  Could have been that they included the monthly cost of new phone but it was certainly not worth the switch.

• Like 1

I just purchased a home less than .5 miles north of CL03XC150 which is the tower behind Lyndhurst Municipal Court at Mayfield and Richmond.  The tower has great signal to the west but is horrific to the North.  Just a few feet from the tower and I am already down to -95 db.  At my house, where I can physically see the tower, outside I get -105db if I am lucky LTE and inside LTE is almost non-existent.  Worst yet, 1x/36 is about -98db inside my home.  Again I can see the tower.  Is there a reason this tower simply does not have any strength north.  Are there plans to add antennas or increase strength to anyone's knowledge? 

There is a tower north of Wilson Mills by Richmond Rd. but that does not seem to reach me either.

I am literally right behind Lyndhurst Park and cannot use the tower which is right there.

Additionally, the tower is at the Municipal building/courthouse and is also not usable from inside the building.  This is going to be a real problem for me if this is not remedied.

Any word on 800 SMR in the area.  There is 1 active at 271 and Mayfiled I believe but my G2 has never connected to it.  I have not seen 800 SMR since a test 6 or so months ago in the basement of the old courthouse on a Note 3.  At that time I was suing a custom PRL.  I can't imagine once 800 SMR is up and running a custom PRL will be required to connect though.

I've only connected to 800Mhz in the area once, and that was a tower near Jamestown, PA. I traveled to VA last month and connected to 800Mhz several times, so I know the phone works. There are a few sites in my area that are supposedly 800Mhz capable, but I've never seen it. My phone just kicks into roaming once the 1.9Ghz signal is gone.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks guys.attachicon.gif ImageUploadedByTapatalk1400690030.474491.jpg

I have two lines that I want to add to a family. we are already on one. how much cheaper would our bill be? don't I just call to join with your number and you approve?

text if you can.

name is steve

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk