Network Vision/LTE - Cleveland/NE Ohio Market

Ianmac23

I the site in Bristolville has got LTE now as well, not that too many of y'all get out that direction much ;)

Yah.. Try to stay away from places where they say y'all... :-)

One of my favorite things about this thread is that I get to learn about all these little towns all around northeast Ohio that I'd never heard about before

Sent from my XT1049 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

It's not showing up on my Sensorly maps yet, but I mapped my trip from downtown Cleveland to South Euclid last night, and I had LTE all the way from E9th & Prospect, east on I90, got off at E185th, and still held the 4g signal until I crossed Euclid Ave on Highland/Dille/E185th. Looks like they turned on a cluster of towers last night, at least for testing, if not for real. It was the best drive home from work that I've had in a LONG time!

Sent from my unknown using Tapatalk

• Like 3

With the exception of a small stretch near the airport, a small stretch at i77/Valley View Bridge, and a small stretch near Maple Heights, I had LTE (with eCSFB) from North Ridgeville to Beachwood this morning..  Were gettib' close!

• Like 2

With the exception of a small stretch near the airport, a small stretch at i77/Valley View Bridge, and a small stretch near Maple Heights, I had LTE (with eCSFB) from North Ridgeville to Beachwood this morning..  Were gettib' close!

Whole bunch of accepts.  Pretty jealous to look at the market maps now!

• Like 3

What will be impressive is when Spark is switched on!

• Like 1

I've updated my band priority, so In theory I should be able to connect, however, I have noticed that my Galaxy S5 has a different prl (Spark PRL?) then my Nexus 5... (51100 on GS5, 55018 on N5)

I've updated my band priority, so In theory I should be able to connect, however, I have noticed that my Galaxy S5 has a different prl (Spark PRL?) then my Nexus 5... (51100 on GS5, 55018 on N5)

The only difference between 55011 and 55018 is that 55018 is for SVLTE capable phones (Simultaneous Voice & LTE) - see this google doc for more detail:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1eNgQKxdPHgua60suUeQ4E7KvtUAFPDVkpqTL2sBorNg/pubhtml .

The PRL has nothing to do with LTE priority other than telling the phone to scan for LTE; from there the network will determine which band to put you on for Spark capable phones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

The only difference between 55011 and 55018 is that 55018 is for SVLTE capable phones (Simultaneous Voice & LTE) - see this google doc for more detail:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1eNgQKxdPHgua60suUeQ4E7KvtUAFPDVkpqTL2sBorNg/pubhtml .

The PRL has nothing to do with LTE priority other than telling the phone to scan for LTE; from there the network will determine which band to put you on for Spark capable phones.

Thanks for Clarifying...

Thanks for Clarifying...

Also, please note if you are not rooted / on the .15 radio you will most likely NOT connect to B41 even if enabled in the band priority.  It is market dependent, but in Columbus without a .15 radio I have had zero luck connecting to B41.  If I switch to .15 I am able to connect to it, unfortunately this .15 radio allows for connections without eCSFB which means you can loose access to incoming / outgoing phone calls (a must for me)...  Not a bad idea to try though for testing purposes.

Why would either of those devices have a PRL for a SvLTE device? Neither of them are capable of it. Weird.

Sent from my Nexus 5

It's too quiet in here!

• Like 3

LTE showed up in my office on public square 1 hour ago on lgg2. I hope the signal gets stronger I usually get at lease -85 on eHRPD. The new LTE GCI:0821BE02.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

LTE showed up in my office on public square 1 hour ago on lgg2. I hope the signal gets stronger I usually get at lease -85 on eHRPD. The new LTE GCI:0821BE02.

What are you getting on LTE.. the readings are not apples to apples..  I see very respectable signals on lte of 100-110 without issue.  I've speedtested 8mbps at -128dBm and generally have.. and hold a signal at my house of -115 to -117 without issue.

What are you getting on LTE.. the readings are not apples to apples.. I see very respectable signals on lte of 100-110 without issue. I've speedtested 8mbps at -128dBm and generally have.. and hold a signal at my house of -115 to -117 without issue.

I was getting about 2.5mbps down and 1ish up. Right now I am at -107 and cannot get any Internet or locate a server to Speedtest. Leeds me to believe testing is in progress. I do hope they turn up the power once testing is done if that's what it is.

I am not sure what tower I am connecting to but I am right next door to the new 75 public square antennas I watched them install a week or so ago and I have connected a few times 3g to that antenna at like -98db. It is on top of the building literally right next to my office about 3 floors higher than I am and I see it out my office window so I would think at normal operating power I would get a stronger signal then that.

What are you getting on LTE.. the readings are not apples to apples.. I see very respectable signals on lte of 100-110 without issue. I've speedtested 8mbps at -128dBm and generally have.. and hold a signal at my house of -115 to -117 without issue.

I was able to connect again and it speedtested as follows:

post-26767-140000919495_thumb.jpg

1.54 up and 1.08 down.

Tapatalk is giving me issues trying to upload screenshots currently but I will give it a go.

post-26767-140000936238_thumb.jpg

post-26767-140000942744_thumb.jpg

Additional screenshots from the debug menu of my 55 Public Square band 25 LTE connection which went live at least for tri-band phones around 10:30 AM on 5-13-14:

post-26767-140000971837_thumb.jpg

post-26767-140000973497_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

I think local interference/noise sources and/or obstructions are a big factor in how well ones data connection works. In a more populated area, I've found that LTE signals of -115dBm are almost useless. However in open or more rural areas, I've experienced LTE signals around -125dBm that were able to pull faster than 3G speeds.

Update: still the same here at 9th and Lakeside.  Fast network at 7am and mostly unusable after 9am...and all of this is for 3G (iPhone 4S...not going to pay for a 4G phone until I'm sure I will stick with them and that the network works sufficiently).

• Like 1