Network Vision/LTE - Cleveland/NE Ohio Market

Ianmac23

Has anyone who has seen LTE ever pull 30Mbps on band 25? I just did, and that'd be the first. The test was ran early in the morning, so perhaps the tower wasn't being pounded, but I just ran a test again, and pulled 24Mbps. If it keeps this up, I wouldn't even care for band 41, at least at home, but in the more heavily populated areas, band 41 would be nice to have.

I have not but those are getting close to band 41 speed.  As I have said before I would be happy for my purpose using my phone for business and such to have a stable 1 mbps signal everywhere I go.  30 mbps is so not necessary for a phone.  A connection card maybe but I just want stable working service and the ability to email and use the internet without fail.  I can update large apps over wifi.  At 1mbps I can stream video and audio and quality good enough for a 5in phone screen.  I wish they would secure basic stable functionality first and foremost in the NV upgrade.

I have not but those are getting close to band 41 speed.  As I have said before I would be happy for my purpose using my phone for business and such to have a stable 1 mbps signal everywhere I go.  30 mbps is so not necessary for a phone.  A connection card maybe but I just want stable working service and the ability to email and use the internet without fail.  I can update large apps over wifi.  At 1mbps I can stream video and audio and quality good enough for a 5in phone screen.  I wish they would secure basic stable functionality first and foremost in the NV upgrade.

No, I don't even think I have a use for that type of speed. But videos and everything load nicely. I don't even use wifi at home anymore, since the speeds are just about the same. I've used 470MB of data just on speedtest alone, with Sensorly at 187MB. I could even do without unlimited data, but if it's there, why not have it? I have yet to use more than 3GB of data,  as I simply do not use that much data.

• Like 1

Has anyone who has seen LTE ever pull 30Mbps on band 25? I just did, and that'd be the first. The test was ran early in the morning, so perhaps the tower wasn't being pounded, but I just ran a test again, and pulled 24Mbps. If it keeps this up, I wouldn't even care for band 41, at least at home, but in the more heavily populated areas, band 41 would be nice to have.

Yes.  I have been up to the maximum 37.5Mbps for a 5MHz channel.  However, any speeds above ~20Mbps on Sprint's Band 25 LTE are indicative of an underburdened LTE carrier.  That is not normal.  About the best Sprint can realistically maintain on a 5MHz channel is 5-12Mbps.  Below 5, and it's overburdened.  Over 12 is just gravy.

Robert

• Like 3

Sorry if this question has been answered, but in areas of the cleveland market that do have WiMAX, will they still get band 41/25?

Virtually all WiMax sites will get Band 41 LTE in one of three phases.  So far, Band 25 is only being deployed on Network Vision sites.  Some WiMax sites may eventually get upgraded to full Network Vision.  But Sprint is not working on that currently.  More details are available in the Premier Sponsor section.

Robert

• Like 1

Anybody else have the problem in Cleveland where your 4G bars are all blue but you get no data? For about a 2 or 3 mile stretch of Rockside Road (between 271 & Turney) it says 4G my bars are all lit up but no data - I can't stream a damn thing (Pandora, Google Play etc...)

This has been going on for months and I have called sprint on it a few times but they haven't fixed it yet so, i was wondering if anybody else has this problem in other parts of town?

Anybody else have the problem in Cleveland where your 4G bars are all blue but you get no data? For about a 2 or 3 mile stretch of Rockside Road (between 271 & Turney) it says 4G my bars are all lit up but no data - I can't stream a damn thing (Pandora, Google Play etc...)

This has been going on for months and I have called sprint on it a few times but they haven't fixed it yet so, i was wondering if anybody else has this problem in other parts of town?

Was happening for weeks at 2 and 90 and the other day I got 25mbps down. Go figure. That's band 41 though.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Actually this speed test was run the other day on a band 41 site that produced no Internet for a month or more. Sorry tapa would not let me edit the above post.

Posted Image

On another note I took these pictures on Richmond Street right off RT. 2 in Painesville. I was not connecting to this tower at all and just south of it is a tower with a strong signal in all directions but North. Can anyone tell what is on this tower and what equipment is in the cabinets. Best pics I could get. It was 0 degrees out. I can go back if needed.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Some family in North Royalton are having problems sending text and missing text messages. Its been happening for the past 2 days. Could this be work being done? Anyone have any info for around that area?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Some family in North Royalton are having problems sending text and missing text messages. Its been happening for the past 2 days. Could this be work being done? Anyone have any info for around that area?

Sure hope do. We missed a couple of texts on the wifes photon q this week. Hope that means they are working here also. But might just be the weather.

Jim, Sent from my Photon 4G using Tapatalk 2

Sure hope do. We missed a couple of texts on the wifes photon q this week. Hope that means they are working here also. But might just be the weather.

They don't know much. It could be phone problems but I'm hoping its some network upgrading going on

They don't know much. It could be phone problems but I'm hoping its some network upgrading going on

Check and see, they may have gotten some updates this week.

Check and see, they may have gotten some updates this week.

uploadfromtaptalk1391395398920.jpg

This is downtown Kent right now. Lets just say Kent has useless service right now.

uploadfromtaptalk1391395398920.jpg

This is downtown Kent right now. Lets just say Kent has useless service right now.

Sorry, that sucks ... then maybe that is good news for Kent. Stow seems normal right now.

Was wondering about your friends in North Royalton area, if they got any updates.

• Like 1

Sorry, that sucks ... then maybe that is good news for Kent. Stow seems normal right now.

Was wondering about your friends in North Royalton area, if they got any updates.

As far as I know they haven't got any updates. I don't think they would know if they did get an update though lol

• Like 1

On a positive note for me, the recent NV build out of the local site here has definitely helped cover some of the gaping holes to the southeast of the site (directly south of Burton) that the closer Parkman and Middlefield sites fail to reach due to the terrain. My phone stays connected up to roughly 10 miles away now. It used to bounce between about 6 or so sites on the SR-168 corridor. We'll see how well the LTE coverage is when it is fired up. I kinda doubt it will cover well in south-central Geauga County, but it'll be better than what's available now. :) 3G speeds and connectivity have been all over the place since the transition. I sure hope it's only a temporary problem.

• Like 1

I'm pumped to see all these updates! They are starting to pick up some speed!

Yes, the towers serving my house were just flipped on for 3G yesterday. Looking forward to seeing some more large clusters in NEO to be flipped on soon.

• Like 2

Yes, the towers serving my house were just flipped on for 3G yesterday. Looking forward to seeing some more large clusters in NEO to be flipped on soon.

These towers are popping up quickly. In a couple months we might all be happy. Haha

• Like 1

Only 3G?

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

3g accepted. So now all they have to do is flip the switch to 4g, and they have been moving at a fast pace recently so he could have 4g within weeks

• Like 1

Only 3G?

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

With the CSFB issue they typically haven't been flipping 4G on without 3G first. I'm happy to see any activity in the area, and LTE shouldn't be too far away.

• Like 1