Network Vision/LTE - Cleveland/NE Ohio Market

Ianmac23

I just got this text too. I'm in North Ridgeville.

Posted Image

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Mine says over the next month, I wonder if this is different in my area or I might be getting my hopes up a little to much haha uploadfromtaptalk1390857900698.jpg

I'm bummed about this band 26 information some of you have been posting.

It seems like Cleveland is at best a crippled market for Sprint even after they'll finish their work here; out of the proverbial frying pan and into the fire.

T-Mobile is going to eat their lunch (probably are already) when people realize that their indoor data use has barely improved from WiMax, which is what this is sounding like. My out-of-contract terms are really good but they're not good enough for this. I'll hold on for a few more months, see what kind of user reports are out there and decide. I think it's a real shame if Sprint can't be an effective competitor here.

• Like 1

I just received the text from Sprint saying my area we will be upgraded in the next few months. I'm pumped

That text went out to almost every Sprint subscriber. Even ones who no longer live in a Sprint coverage area. The consensus is it is just marketing, and doesn't mean much. Don't get expectations up too much.

T-Mobile is going to eat their lunch (probably are already) when people realize that their indoor data use has barely improved from WiMax, which is what this is sounding like.

What are you talking about?  You think that LTE 1900 is little different in coverage from WiMAX 2600?  And you think that T-Mobile LTE 2100+1700 is somehow better?

You have previously had several of your posts removed.  Are you here just to stir the pot?

AJ

• Like 1

I'm bummed about this band 26 information some of you have been posting.

It seems like Cleveland is at best a crippled market for Sprint even after they'll finish their work here; out of the proverbial frying pan and into the fire.

T-Mobile is going to eat their lunch (probably are already) when people realize that their indoor data use has barely improved from WiMax, which is what this is sounding like. My out-of-contract terms are really good but they're not good enough for this. I'll hold on for a few more months, see what kind of user reports are out there and decide. I think it's a real shame if Sprint can't be an effective competitor here.

I wouldn't say so, we should at least have 800 voice, which will help us have a usable signal for calls. Even then, band 25 LTE isn't terrible, when I have a low LTE signal on band 25, I'm still getting better speeds than 3G. Furthermore, more places are starting to offer free wifi, so if you're in a building and can't get LTE, perhaps they may offer a free wifi network to connect to.

As far as band 41, if it's deployed on enough sites and the area is blanketed with it, I have hope that I'll be able to use it without too many problems.

• Like 1

That text went out to almost every Sprint subscriber. Even ones who no longer live in a Sprint coverage area. The consensus is it is just marketing, and doesn't mean much. Don't get expectations up too much.

True, but his general area is getting updated already so it is not a stretch to believe they will continue what they have been doing. Ravenna is done. Streetsboro is lighting up now. Kent can't be too far behind. Then again ... I have been wrong before.

Jim, Sent from my Photon 4G using Tapatalk 2

True, but his general area is getting updated already so it is not a stretch to believe they will continue what they have been doing. Ravenna is done. Streetsboro is lighting up now. Kent can't be too far behind. Then again ... I have been wrong before.

Jim, Sent from my Photon 4G using Tapatalk 2

It's possible that the network is close to being completed in the area. But the fact that the text went out to pretty much everyone means it has little to do with the actual state of your network, and has more to do with keeping subscribers. 

• Like 1

Hey man, call us ignorant but we're eternal optimists in Cleveland; we take even the smallest positive and run with it. Take for instance our motto: there's always next year...if we focused on reality (negativity) we would all just wither away into balls of anger and hatred.

FWIW, I just got the text too, and I'm excited!

• Like 3

Hey man, call us ignorant but we're eternal optimists in Cleveland; we take even the smallest positive and run with it. Take for instance our motto: there's always next year...if we focused on reality (negativity) we would all just wither away into balls of anger and hatred.

FWIW, I just got the text too, and I'm excited!

Robert got the text too.... in South Dakota ... where he's had his billing address listed for some time. Where there is no Sprint network.

Robert got the text too.... in South Dakota ... where he's had his billing address listed for some time. Where there is no Sprint network.

And I bet he was excited! Stop trying to bring us down, we've been through far worse than waiting out a network upgrade.

And I bet he was excited! Stop trying to bring us down, we've been through far worse than waiting out a network upgrade.

Not trying to get anyone down, just trying to be real. We know that work is very far along in Ohio. Likely crews are just waiting on a few straggling sites before they can start firing up clusters. The weather certainly isn't helping.

Once the weather lets up a bit, and crews can get out and do some real work, it likely won't take very long to see some huge improvements.

I just want to make sure people understand that the text doesn't really have anything to do with what's going on with the state of the network in your area.

We just don't want to hear the negative posts in 30 days because Earl in East Cleveland is pissed because his block doesn't have LTE. We like to give out facts. S4GRU is definitely not in the marketing biz.

Robert via Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Not trying to get anyone down, just trying to be real. We know that work is very far along in Ohio. Likely crews are just waiting on a few straggling sites before they can start firing up clusters. The weather certainly isn't helping.

Once the weather lets up a bit, and crews can get out and do some real work, it likely won't take very long to see some huge improvements.

I just want to make sure people understand that the text doesn't really have anything to do with what's going on with the state of the network in your area.

I understand, and I hope you realize I was only kidding around with my comments. If you pay attention to Cleveland sports at all then a failed promise to deliver an upgraded network in the next few months is nothing new to us.

I don't understand why Sprint thinks it's necessary to send a mass text like that out to everybody; I guess somebody made the decision to throw a quick "don't run yet, we're almost there" blanket over everybody's eyes in hopes they'll keep holding on. I truly do believe we have some major upgrades in our market right around the corner, we just need all the planets to line up in perfect order and a freak lightning storm to settle in and we'll be all set.

• Like 1

I live in elyria. Close to N ridgeville and work in Oberlin. I never got the text. So no "everybody" didnt get it.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

You'll probably get it soon. Float around these forums a bit and you'll see members posting about receiving it all over the country within the past week or so.

I understand, and I hope you realize I was only kidding around with my comments. If you pay attention to Cleveland sports at all then a failed promise to deliver an upgraded network in the next few months is nothing new to us.

Guess I didn't full get it... ha. Was at work... multitasking. Shh.

I got that same text message today. Except it said over the next one month..

"SprintFreeMsg: Over the next month, the new network will be largely completed in your area. See new phone offer at http://sprint.us/upgrade2 Reply S to stop."

So is there light at the end of the tunnel? Within a month? Or just another gimmick to keep me on their leash? My contract is up next month. Two years of no 4lte service. Yet had the top of the line 4lte phone. Hmm.

North Royalton/ Strongsville area. 

Check the thread at sprint for updates info from users:

https://community.sprint.com/baw/thread/110696

"SprintFreeMsg: Over the next month, the new network will be largely completed in your area. See new phone offer at http://sprint.us/upgrade2 Reply S to stop."

So is there light at the end of the tunnel? Within a month? Or just another gimmick to keep me on their leash? My contract is up next month. Two years of no 4lte service. Yet had the top of the line 4lte phone. Hmm.

Read a few, several posts up...

I wouldn't say so, we should at least have 800 voice, which will help us have a usable signal for calls. Even then, band 25 LTE isn't terrible, when I have a low LTE signal on band 25, I'm still getting better speeds than 3G. Furthermore, more places are starting to offer free wifi, so if you're in a building and can't get LTE, perhaps they may offer a free wifi network to connect to.

As far as band 41, if it's deployed on enough sites and the area is blanketed with it, I have hope that I'll be able to use it without too many problems.

That's interesting and I hope you're right. Thanks for this info.

What are you talking about?  You think that LTE 1900 is little different in coverage from WiMAX 2600?  And you think that T-Mobile LTE 2100+1700 is somehow better?

You have previously had several of your posts removed.  Are you here just to stir the pot?

AJ

I think it's unfair for anyone who is fretting about Sprint's future and their relationship with this carrier, at least in their local market to get their intentions questioned every time they say something at all critical to any degree.

If you'd read my post a different way you'd have noticed I said I'd wait and see how things progress here over the next several months. I've been a Sprint customer for 10 years now and my opinion is hardly unique. I want them to succeed and don't feel the need to hide my frustration when it's deserved.

This site has and will help me make more informed decisions. Take that as you will.

Guess I didn't full get it... ha. Was at work... multitasking. Shh.

I'm not "emoticon" guy, so my online humor can easily be misinterpreted.

I meant to say thanks to you, Robert, and the rest of the mods for all you do. I don't understand how you all can put so much work into this site to keep it what it is, but it really is appreciated.

• Like 3

I'm not "emoticon" guy, so my online humor can easily be misinterpreted.

I meant to say thanks to you, Robert, and the rest of the mods for all you do. I don't understand how you all can put so much work into this site to keep it what it is, but it really is appreciated.

:thx:

An emoticon for every occasion. :tu:

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 1

Has anyone who has seen LTE ever pull 30Mbps on band 25? I just did, and that'd be the first. The test was ran early in the morning, so perhaps the tower wasn't being pounded, but I just ran a test again, and pulled 24Mbps. If it keeps this up, I wouldn't even care for band 41, at least at home, but in the more heavily populated areas, band 41 would be nice to have.

Screenshot_2014-01-28-02-32-21.png

Screenshot_2014-01-28-02-32-54.png

I have 5 lines on my account.  Some got the message, others did not.  I am not reading anything into it.  I actually think we have gotten it before if memory serves.