Network Vision/LTE - Cleveland/NE Ohio Market

Ianmac23

Anybody have any word on elyria or Oberlin. They turned on Amherst which is in between the two cities. They have 4G. Quite frankly I'm sick of getting dropped calls the last two weeks.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

Work is going on in Elyria. There are several 3G 800 sites that I've been able to confirm complete.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

No 4G yet?

Hope something improves in Oberlin.

I think they have to wait until all the sites on a particular cluster are done before they turn on lte. They can turn on the 3g one by one not the 4g. It is an issue with legacy sites.

Jim, Sent from my Photon 4G using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

I think they have to wait until all the sites on a particular cluster are done before they turn on lte. They can turn on the 3g one by one not the 4g. It is an issue with legacy sites.

Is it a different 3G then what Sprint had before? Or a site with 3G for the first time?

No. They can not turn anything on for any Motorola to Samsung market like Ohio. The whole cluster of a substantial amount of a cluster must be completely done before they turn anything on.

Motorola to Samsung hard handoff is a well documented issue and something sprint and Samsung does not want to experience again.

Sent from my Nexus 5

Well in the 2 weeks since my last post the data still sucks on Rockside between Turney Rd and 271. I get 3 & 4G blue data bars on my phone but no data comes thru (streaming just stops, no internet what so ever).  Maybe its my phone, I have a Galaxy Nexus, but I doubt it  - it works fine in other areas.

• Like 1

For the first time I have been on band 25 LTE in the Cuyahoga County Justice Center all morning. Still no LTE of any band in my office 16th floor of 55 Public Square.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Sweet-I was just at the BW3 at Richmond and Harvard, in Orange/Beachwood/Warrensville, and my Nexus 5 lit up with LTE... I made a call, and it immediatly went to 1xrtt/3g, and as soon as, and I mean instantly, when I hung up it went back to LTE CSFB seems to work really well.

ata3e4ar.jpg

• Like 4

Sweet-I was just at the BW3 at Richmond and Harvard, in Orange/Beachwood/Warrensville, and my Nexus 5 lit up with LTE... I made a call, and it immediatly went to 1xrtt/3g, and as soon as, and I mean instantly, when I hung up it went back to LTE CSFB seems to work really well.

ata3e4ar.jpg

That's always been an area where network changes happen fast, and the very nice Sensorly map has noted it thanks to all you trackers out there.

The main issue in Cleveland now seems to be wide swaths of the near- and far-Eastside that still have nothing. If history is a guide, many of those areas will take long if they ever get decent coverage. Neighborhoods like University Heights and Beachwood had useless coverage in many sections and it pains me to see how Sprint stores are located in places like Legacy Village where my phone switches to roaming every time.

When those are lit up, it'll be time to decide whether or not a new phone and contract are in the cards.

• Like 1

Work is going on in Elyria. There are several 3G 800 sites that I've been able to confirm complete.

I live in Elyria, and have 4G a mile from my house, but cant even make a call on my street.  Luckily I have an Airrave in my home.

I was at the Sprint store near Midway Mall and their 'expert' there said "4G is completed in this area, what you have is what you are going to get."  of course he also said, "I live in Parma, and we have the fastest 4g in NE Ohio, 7 down and 3 up. I don't care if you are on Verizion, you won't get any faster than that..."   and "When I had my SGS3 I was getting 20 hours out of the stock battery, so you must have hacked your phone and messed it up to get 4 hours after the MK3 update.."

Really?  This guy is a doofus.  I showed him my speedtest screenshots over by Sams's Club that proves 24+ down and 7+ up, but he claims that must have been on WiFi.  I guess that little icon of the antenna with bars next to is was an error in the program, because he obviously knows.  And me and the other 10 thousand people complaining of meager battery life after MK3 are all obviously wrong...

I have been waiting PATIENTLY for 4G since the Evo 4G!  Come on Sprint!  Deliver on the promise for once!

Edited by KnightBird

I live in Elyria, and have 4G a mile from my house, but cant even make a call on my street.  Luckily I have an Airrave in my home.

I was at the Sprint store near Midway Mall and their 'expert' there said "4G is completed in this area, what you have is what you are going to get."  of course he also said, "I live in Parma, and we have the fastest 4g in NE Ohio, 7 down and 3 up. I don't care if you are on Verizion, you won't get any faster than that..."   and "When I had my SGS3 I was getting 20 hours out of the stock battery, so you must have hacked your phone and messed it up to get 4 hours after the MK3 update.."

Really?  This guy is a doofus.  I showed him my speedtest screenshots over by Sams's Club that proves 24+ down and 7+ up, but he claims that must have been on WiFi.  I guess that little icon of the antenna with bars next to is was an error in the program, because he obviously knows.  And me and the other 10 thousand people complaining of meager battery life after MK3 are all obviously wrong...

I have been waiting PATIENTLY for 4G since the Evo 4G!  Come on Sprint!  Deliver on the promise for once!

I live in Parma and there is no 4G close to me.

• Like 1

I have an iPhone 4s and I can tell you that I start work at 6am in downtown Cleveland and the network is so fast at that time!  Not too many people in the offices so it smokes!  As 8 and 9 am approach though, the data becomes almost unusable and slow.  Not sure if they are 4g speeds at 6 am (which i doubt since my 4s doesn't do 4g!!) but whatever they are is sweet.  I just wish it was all day, every day, everywhere so I feel like I'm getting my money's worth paying the bill every month.

• Like 2

Usable speeds, not great but usable. Note the times.

It gets better. This is in an area with no upgrades other than possibly fiber backhaul and I'm not even sure if that's hooked up yet.

Posted Image

I can confirm that Montrose / Fairlawn area now has some LTE coverage. Nice to see the 77 corodor getting some LTE loving.

The site across from Copley HS on Ridgewood East of 21 has LTE, confirmed it the other day when I drove by.
  • Like 1

I was inside a government building with plenty of windows today in a densely populated eastside suburb.

When I arrived there around 8am, there were 1-2 bars of signal inside the building. By 11am when I left, it had switched to roaming with no bars and my battery was 1/4 drained.

I hope this improves soon or Sprint may as well just close all their stores anywhere near or East of 271 because they won't sell a thing.

I was inside a government building with plenty of windows today in a densely populated eastside suburb.

When I arrived there around 8am, there were 1-2 bars of signal inside the building. By 11am when I left, it had switched to roaming with no bars and my battery was 1/4 drained.

I hope this improves soon or Sprint may as well just close all their stores anywhere near or East of 271 because they won't sell a thing.

Most government buildings have high efficiency windows which block high frequency signal mostly signal above 1000Mhz.

I work in a government building too and it didn't seem to effect the early morning "decent" speeds, and I get worse speeds outside than I get inside so not too sure that being in a building is that big a deal but I could be wrong.

They are actively working in the Cleveland outlying areas. Should have progress near you in the coming weeks or at least months. The sponsor maps show where progress is being made. You should check them out.