Network Vision/LTE - Cleveland/NE Ohio Market

Ianmac23

I'm excited to announce while going to work every morning about once a week I map out my trip. I got in my car and from stow to aurora I had LTE. That means I also had LTE in Streetsboro and Hudson this is what signal check was showing. You should see some purple on sensorly now. uploadfromtaptalk1390213483560.jpguploadfromtaptalk1390213517994.jpguploadfromtaptalk1390213532969.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

What are iDen conversions?

Sent from my Black iPhone 5S using Tapatalk ????

It is a former Nextel iDEN site that Sprint has converted to CDMA/Network Vision since shutting down the old Nextel network.

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 3

Look back about five pages. I believe it was being discussed in detail.

Five pages back puts it back to December, well before any sites in the Youngstown area were lit with LTE (maybe with the exception of Salem/Lisbon...about 20-25 miles away)  My inquery only spans back to when they started lighting up lots of LTE in Trumbull and Mahoning counties.  That only started happening about a week ago.

With the exception of about a 1/4 mile span where I only had one bar, LTE reception was 2+ continuously from where the LTE coverage started in Painsville till at least Madison via the US-20 corridor.  I'm willing to bet most of the towers in Lake county east of Painesville are now lit up with LTE

Seen some LTE bars pop up in Youngstown, very strong signals in run down areas but only 1 bar so far in my house in Boardman, OH 44512.  Wondering if this 1 bar LTE will be the only signal strength I will ever get?  How can I tell which towers near me are getting 4G antennas?  Download speed is only 7mbps but is only able to hold the signal for a few minutues, I have an iphone 5 and toggled 4g and updated my profile settings.  Certain roads in youngstown, Bears Den/Meridian Road/Shields Rd I am getting speeds upwards of 16mbps.  I hope there are not other towers with overpowering signals obstructing my new LTE, seems I've always had problems even making calls Between Glenwood Ave/Market St. along brookfield Ave wjhere my house is.  I've had the sprint airave installed however once getting my iphone 5 the device would block my text messages and have baffeled spring support...never a problem with my iphone 4.  I've gottent he spring text message last week that upgrades will be completed by the end of next month.

Edited by vandelay101

Sensorly is showing some lte in your area already. Could be good news indeed.

Jim, Sent from my Photon 4G using Tapatalk 2

Yes, the tower that serves my house has had lte for two and half weeks now. A few towers in Madison even longer. The fairgrounds tower will probably see LTE soon, I remember seeing decent 3G speeds, and there has been a couple permits for that tower regarding panel upgrades. As what the Sprint rep told me back in late December, they're working their way into Cleveland, so most likely Painesville will be finished up soon, then Mentor and so on. The Cleveland market should really begin to see a lot of activity in February and beginning of March. I'm starting to get excited! Now I just want to see some band 26/41 love. Even if we can't have band 26, I at least want to see 800 voice, and since clearwire had coverage here, I'm hoping the wimax will be replaced with the LTE.

• Like 1

Yes, the tower that serves my house has had lte for two and half weeks now. A few towers in Madison even longer. The fairgrounds tower will probably see LTE soon, I remember seeing decent 3G speeds, and there has been a couple permits for that tower regarding panel upgrades. As what the Sprint rep told me back in late December, they're working their way into Cleveland, so most likely Painesville will be finished up soon, then Mentor and so on. The Cleveland market should really begin to see a lot of activity in February and beginning of March. I'm starting to get excited! Now I just want to see some band 26/41 love. Even if we can't have band 26, I at least want to see 800 voice, and since clearwire had coverage here, I'm hoping the wimax will be replaced with the LTE.

I don't know if we'll get band 26 LTE because of Canada.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk