Sprint LTE Coverage Maps via Sensorly

Oh, is it that good? I though it was just 3g. Does sprint have a HSPA+ equivalent?

HSPA+ can produce speeds that are equivalent to LTE speeds in some cases. Sprint does not have anything like that. Just EVDO and LTE.

• Like 1

Oh, is it that good? I though it was just 3g. Does sprint have a HSPA+ equivalent?

HSPA+ can produce speeds that are equivalent to LTE speeds in some cases. Sprint does not have anything like that. Just EVDO and LTE.

In some ways, it's fair to say WiMax is the Sprint equivalent.

Robert from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

• Like 1

Although sensorly separates sprint 3g, wimax and lte into separate mappings.  it would be nice if HSPA+ could be easily differentiated as I always find myself making the same comparisons.

Oh yeah, wimax. Forgot about that :unsure:

Although sensorly separates sprint 3g, wimax and lte into separate mappings.  it would be nice if HSPA+ could be easily differentiated as I always find myself making the same comparisons.

Yeah that would be cool! Just to see the difference between the 2.

Take it back. It should really just be that simple to install apps. Click install and that's it.

Sent from my little Note2

Is there any harm in trying a hard reset?  All that's on there is my contacts, which I still have backed up. I assume it will still be activated and whatnot, correct?

Take it back. It should really just be that simple to install apps. Click install and that's it.

Is there any harm in trying a hard reset? All that's on there is my contacts, which I still have backed up. I assume it will still be activated and whatnot, correct?

Do it.. You should have all your contacts as Google contacts when you can do it. That way they just pull back in when you put in your password.

Even if you did a full reset as in the code and requiring your MSL that wipes your phone number it would self activate putting it back in for you.

• Like 1

Finally got everything working and did a little mapping today.  Actually found a dead block right next to one of the active towers.  I'm not sure if that is normal or just because of the tower's height and the panels' downtilt & angles. 

• Like 1

Finally got everything working and did a little mapping today.  Actually found a dead block right next to one of the active towers.  I'm not sure if that is normal or just because of the tower's height and the panels' downtilt & angles. 

Probably an in between sector area when 65 degree beamwidth antennas were used.  

Glad to see you got it going!  Welcome to the addiction!

Is Sensorly slow in updating again? Its been 24 hours and my trip hasn't been updated.

Mapped some new LTE yesterday around lunch and it was up in minutes. Saw the area growing by the day as a few others mapped the new site being turned on.

Mapped some new LTE yesterday around lunch and it was up in minutes. Saw the area growing by the day as a few others mapped the new site being turned on.

I think the problem is Sensorly I notice won't shade in lighter areas if a new tower goes online on previously mapped areas. In other words if its light purple, then a new tower is brought online it takes alot of mapping to make it a darker shade.

I think the problem is Sensorly I notice won't shade in lighter areas if a new tower goes online on previously mapped areas. In other words if its light purple, then a new tower is brought online it takes alot of mapping to make it a darker shade.
This has been brought up many times before. If that area has been mapped as light and now a new site is online you will have to map it many times to get the average up. Drive a little side road to make dark purple show up. I do hope in the future that some sort of weighted date averaging is used but it would be a huge undertaking and would make all the map have to regenerate.

I've been having trouble with the GPS location in sensorly.  It keeps mapping random points anywhere from a few hundred yards to a few miles from my actual location.  I've put at least 3 purple dots in Lake Michigan so far and my car doesn't float. 

I've been having trouble with the GPS location in sensorly. It keeps mapping random points anywhere from a few hundred yards to a few miles from my actual location. I've put at least 3 purple dots in Lake Michigan so far and my car doesn't float.

Which device?

Robert via Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Which device?

Robert via Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Galaxy S4.  I guess I should update my profile. 

I took a really long way home after work and was able to get 976 straight LTE points before dropping to 3G for a few seconds.  Probably Ended up with over 1000 new purple points on the map!  And I'm noticing at some zoom levels Sensorly is updating in less than an hour nowadays. 

• Like 1

i downloaded sensorly for my phone, once i allow it to find my location does it track my signal type and strength automatically, didnt mess with it much besides looking at coverage but didnt see anywhere to pick how often or how much data it collects?

i downloaded sensorly for my phone, once i allow it to find my location does it track my signal type and strength automatically, didnt mess with it much besides looking at coverage but didnt see anywhere to pick how often or how much data it collects?

iPhone's are unable to contribute to Sensorly mapping. :( Hopefully Apple will allow it with iOS 7.

• Like 2

I don't under stand why apple feels the need to limit the sensorly app when it allows an app like root metrics into the appstore?

RootMetrics uses the speedtest data against current gps coordinates to build their maps. Sensorly mines the signal data from the system as it gets it from the radios. Apple doesn't allow any app to access that information. Signal 2 by planetbeing accesses that information on jailbroken devices, so the API's are available.

Sent from Josh's iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

RootMetrics uses the speedtest data against current gps coordinates to build their maps. Sensorly mines the signal data from the system as it gets it from the radios. Apple doesn't allow any app to access that information. Signal 2 by planetbeing accesses that information on jailbroken devices, so the API's are available.Sent from Josh's iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

That makes sense. I knew root metrics also used signal strength in their calculations and maps but I'm guessing just accessing the strength is different from finding what type of service is currently active on the device.