Network Vision/LTE - West Kentucky Market (Louisville, Evansville, Bowling Green)

bgguy

I was able to connect briefly around Hikes/Breck and then again at 65 and watterson yesterday. It was very nice finally seeing it with my own eyes. I was spoiled with my old Galaxy 2 as I live close to one of the two wimax towers, and was one of the few people to actually grt to use wimax daily in Lville. I was getting very close to switching, but finally I feel like I can see the light at the end of the tunnel amd by December we shouldbhave respectable LTE coverage.

Just picked up an LTE signal in Shepherdsville. Been steady for about a half hour. Speeds are only about .50mb right now.

Where exactly at? Can you go into the engineering screen and post the serving cell you connected to?

Staying on 3G pretty consistently right now. Even cycling airplane mode doesn't seem to help. It was good while it lasted.

Might have been testing the tower in brooks. The equipment went up last week. Hopefully it will be accepted today.

Might have been testing the tower in brooks. The equipment went up last week. Hopefully it will be accepted today.

That would be the fastest install we have heard of in these forums. It's usually months from delivery of equipment to acceptance

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

That would be the fastest install we have heard of in these forums. It's usually months from delivery of equipment to acceptance

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

We have seen a few rare ones in our market go from legacy to 4G in less than 5 days.

Its still live. Just did some mapping as I came home. Should show up soon. Panels went up on Friday last week. Pretty impressive seeing that some of the first sites from two months ago still aren't live.

Its still live. Just did some mapping as I came home. Should show up soon. Panels went up on Friday last week. Pretty impressive seeing that some of the first sites from two months ago still aren't live.

I stand corrected. Couldn't connect at all on my way back. Good thing I got the serving cell IDs the first time.

All about backhaul. I know all of our first spotted sites in the market sat for 8+ months and some still are not "on".

Stumbled across a site in southern IN yesterday on my lunch break. Cabinets are in place and panels and RRUs are hung. Its in the Duke Energy parking lot off Eastern Blvd. I had lunch at the KFC and saw it out the window. Drove over to investigate.   

dfgTAa7.jpg

DtBveUR.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Kind of a general question about the Sprint LTE. Is it normal for the upload speed to always be higher when running speed tests? I habe never had this happen on 3G. But I just spent the weeknd in Chicago and was averaging 3.5 Mbps down and 6 MBps up. Only one test when I got 12.7 down and 8 up, was the download quicker. Overall I was happy with my Chicago 4G experience and hope that we have that coverage here soon. Even deep inside large buildings I was getting very good signals with 3 MBps downloads. Not quite the 5 to 7 Sprint is saying they average but it was quick, responsive and no lag time. The best part for me was with the constant 4 to 5 bar coverage my battery life was amazing. In Louisville my phone completely drains in 12 to 14 hours with moderate use while keeping data off. In Chicago the same use was only using 40 percent battery and I kept data active the whole time. It was very nice to not be toggling data every time I want to get an update or check for an email.

the true test of sprints LTE speeds will be next spring during thunder over Louisville  

That, and Derby. So many people in a small area. 

• Like 1

That, and Derby. So many people in a small area. 

yea the whole derby week will be a test i'm hoping they have the LTE towers up on the ohio up in cincy to see how LTE handles 500,000 people durring river fest and WEBN fireworks probably 100k of those sprint users on 2 or 3 towers 

• Like 1

Kind of a general question about the Sprint LTE. Is it normal for the upload speed to always be higher when running speed tests? I habe never had this happen on 3G. But I just spent the weeknd in Chicago and was averaging 3.5 Mbps down and 6 MBps up. Only one test when I got 12.7 down and 8 up, was the download quicker. Overall I was happy with my Chicago 4G experience and hope that we have that coverage here soon. Even deep inside large buildings I was getting very good signals with 3 MBps downloads. Not quite the 5 to 7 Sprint is saying they average but it was quick, responsive and no lag time. The best part for me was with the constant 4 to 5 bar coverage my battery life was amazing. In Louisville my phone completely drains in 12 to 14 hours with moderate use while keeping data off. In Chicago the same use was only using 40 percent battery and I kept data active the whole time. It was very nice to not be toggling data every time I want to get an update or check for an email.

When the download is slower than the upload, it's typically a sign that the download channel is more burdened than the upload channel, or that the backhaul downlink is more burdened than the uplink.  It's not really unusual at all...until it gets so bad that it reduces performance below advertised speeds.

However, during deployment, there are many more customers on these early sites.  When the adjacent sites start to go online, loads will spread out.  Then they will even spread out more when the Band 26 and Band 41 LTE channels start going online.  Sprint LTE speeds will be going up in 3-9 months in most locations.

Robert

When the download is slower than the upload, it's typically a sign that the download channel is more burdened than the upload channel, or that the backhaul downlink is more burdened than the uplink.  It's not really unusual at all...until it gets so bad that it reduces performance below advertised speeds.

However, during deployment, there are many more customers on these early sites.  When the adjacent sites start to go online, loads will spread out.  Then they will even spread out more when the Band 26 and Band 41 LTE channels start going online.  Sprint LTE speeds will be going up in 3-9 months in most locations.

Robert

Wouldn't be surprising that parts of Chicago are already burdened. Hopefully the addition of Tri-band phones will help with that.