Network Vision/LTE - West Kentucky Market (Louisville, Evansville, Bowling Green)

bgguy

I picked up 4G as far south as Smiths Grove.  Where I was at I had 1 bar but was getting 6 Mbps down.  Up was only 302Kbps.  Then back in Bowling Green next to the tower at Cemetary Rd/I65 area I was getting 2 Mbps down and 743 Kbps up right next to the site.  Things are getting better in Southern KY!

I like josh have been lurking for a bit now. I spotted 4g on my phone(Evo 4glte) at Poplar Level and I-264. Trying not to get my hopes up too high, but I think I am gonna fail. I have been messing with Sensorly for a bit too, so I do not know if it caught that I was getting 4g or not. It could very well have been running in the back ground, but I don't know for sure. Thanks for the info you folks have passed along thus far.

I like josh have been lurking for a bit now. I spotted 4g on my phone(Evo 4glte) at Poplar Level and I-264. Trying not to get my hopes up too high, but I think I am gonna fail. I have been messing with Sensorly for a bit too, so I do not know if it caught that I was getting 4g or not. It could very well have been running in the back ground, but I don't know for sure. Thanks for the info you folks have passed along thus far.

Another lurker living in Louisville, I have a quick question regarding 4G.  It is my understanding that you do not actually have to 'turn on' 4G, but that if you are in an area that has it that your phone will simply pick it up and use it.  Is this correct?  And if so I have yet to see any 4G activity.  I work off of Hurstbourne down from Shelbyville Rd and live out by Springhurst.  And honestly the data speeds near Springhurst are BAD, so any change would be welcome.

Another lurker living in Louisville, I have a quick question regarding 4G.  It is my understanding that you do not actually have to 'turn on' 4G, but that if you are in an area that has it that your phone will simply pick it up and use it.  Is this correct?  And if so I have yet to see any 4G activity.  I work off of Hurstbourne down from Shelbyville Rd and live out by Springhurst.  And honestly the data speeds near Springhurst are BAD, so any change would be welcome.

As long as your mobile network is set to LTE/CDMA/EvDO you're good to go. Check on sensorly, yesterday was the first day I've seen it and tried to map it out as much as possible. I got up to about 10Mbps down, .50Mbps up and sub 100 pings. The other speed tests I ran were comparable to the 3G I normally see.

sprintlte.png

Looks like I'm gonna have to drive up and hit the Gene Snyder this weekend

I had fun helping to map that purple.  I didn't think I would have a chance until I was headed home from work Thursday night.  I pulled over on the side of the Snyder and performed a speed test and Wow! it was 30 down and 7 up...fun stuff!

• Like 2

I'll be glad when everyone else gets it.  Once that happens then Evansville will be next.  Sprint has to make sure Metropolitan Juggernauts like Glasgow KY has 4g first

• Like 1

I stopped on Produce Ln right before Poplar Level Rd last night and my 4G turned on and done a speed test on Sensorly and got really good results. It was the first time 4G has ever been active on my Samsung Galaxy S4 since i purchased it and I really didnt want to go home. Hopefully all of Louisville and surrounding areas will be on very soon.

• Like 1

Just had LTE briefly while driving on US27 south thru Nicholasville.  Popped on and off a couple of times and got a screen shot of speed test, 5.02 up and .12Mbps down.  Ping 59ms.  Got another at 13.84Mbps up and .72Mbps down with a 78 ping.

• Like 1

Just had LTE briefly while driving on US27 south thru Nicholasville.  Popped on and off a couple of times and got a screen shot of speed test, 5.02 up and .12Mbps down.  Ping 59ms.  Got another at 13.84Mbps up and .72Mbps down with a 78 ping.

Please post your screenshot in the Eastern Kentucky market thread for us! I'm heading to lexington tomorrow so I might take my external battery and map out the area via sensorly if I can

I'm no longer picking up any 4g signals around Newburg, Poplar Level or 264. Sensorly is showing purple, but I'm not connecting the past two times I've gone through there this week. Saw a few new splotches of purple show up on 65 close to 265, but didn't connect there either. Data in Shepherdsville has been unusable all week so hopefully that is good news.

I'm no longer picking up any 4g signals around Newburg, Poplar Level or 264. Sensorly is showing purple, but I'm not connecting the past two times I've gone through there this week. Saw a few new splotches of purple show up on 65 close to 265, but didn't connect there either. Data in Shepherdsville has been unusable all week so hopefully that is good news.

Did you cycle airplane mode as you went through? I connected as I drove in to UofL from work just a bit ago. My phone will not connect if I do not cycle airplane mode. As for Shepherdsville, I have not yet seen anything besides fiber being ran unfortunately. 

I did not cycle airplane mode. I'll try that next time I go through. As far as Shepherdsville, Sprint just says the data being slow or gone is because of the tower being upgraded. I've tolerated bad, but unusable is trying my patience.

I'm typing this while I'm on 4g.  I normally hooked into my neighbors WiFi automatically when I get home so I didn't know it was live at my house. I noticed the 4g icon while I was at speedway, which is very near my house. The 4g speeds are actually faster than the WiFi. I live in Shively near cane run road and crums lane area. I got about 9 megs down and 4 up with three bars 

• Like 1

Downtown (5th & Market) this morning:

Posted Image

If you where down town, the newly accepted site in the West End must be turned up. .:rolleyes:

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

If you where down town, the newly accepted site in the West End must be turned up. . :rolleyes:

If this is from 5th and Market, I would say it is a new tower. That would be extremely far for the accepted tower in the west end to still have that speed.

If this is from 5th and Market, I would say it is a new tower. That would be extremely far for the accepted tower in the west end to still have that speed.

Thats very true know that I look at the map. But at the same time, it's even further from the other 2 towers we know to be active. So if it's non of these, an the location is right downtown in Louisville where the test was performed, where is this Phantom signal coming from? !

Thats very true know that I look at the map. But at the same time, it's even further from the other 2 towers we know to be active. So if it's non of these, an the location is right downtown in Louisville where the test was performed, where is this Phantom signal coming from? !

A new tower in testing mode. Probably be accepted in a day or two.

It does seem to be a tower farther away, because I'm getting it on the 22nd floor of my office building but not at street level. Maybe one bar stronger on the west side of my floor than the east, but can't tell that for sure.

I think I mapped it correctly on sensorly. The updated map shows 4g right at my house in the tiny spot in Shively. That's awesome! I'm gonna map some more.

I got a little bit as I got off the Waterson at Dixie Hwy and went south. Cycled and got it right as I got off, and held it pretty far south. Signal traveled pretty far but speed wasn't what I expected for the signal strength.