Network Vision/LTE - West Kentucky Market (Louisville, Evansville, Bowling Green)

bgguy

Wouldn't be surprising that parts of Chicago are already burdened. Hopefully the addition of Tri-band phones will help with that.

Chicago is a spectrum constrained market.  They need the other bands for sure for LTE.  Also, they will benefit from the spectrum coming from USCC too.  It shall no longer be constrained!   :sunny:

Robert

I guess from a good news for Sprint Chicago users, I should have noted...this was during Lallapalooza weekend. And most my tests were on Michigan ave, Navy pier etc. Aka touristy areas. So there were thousands of people everywhere.

Like the above user said, I really hope the UofL area is upgraded soon. Nothing worse than tailgating at Papa Johns stadium and not being able to check scores from other games. My phone is pretty much unuseable on game days!

I guess from a good news for Sprint Chicago users, I should have noted...this was during Lallapalooza weekend. And most my tests were on Michigan ave, Navy pier etc. Aka touristy areas. So there were thousands of people everywhere.

Like the above user said, I really hope the UofL area is upgraded soon. Nothing worse than tailgating at Papa Johns stadium and not being able to check scores from other games. My phone is pretty much unuseable on game days!

I did a little mapping around the stadium. Closest site is not yet live but there is LTE from a distant tower. borderline weak signal.

Floyd and Central Ave

pbiUVrE.png

I did a little mapping around the stadium. Closest site is not yet live but there is LTE from a distant tower. borderline weak signal.

Floyd and Central Ave

pbiUVrE.png

Im new on here but im from bowling green and was at a site the other day and found some papers on the ground that had huber shuner on them. Was just wondering if this means we sre getting close to the green light here.

Im new on here but im from bowling green and was at a site the other day and found some papers on the ground that had huber shuner on them. Was just wondering if this means we sre getting close to the green light here.

which site?  all of the sites have new cabinets but the one on Briggs Road and I am not sure about the one over by Western KY because it's on top of a building & you can't get on the roof to check it out.  I think they are just waiting on back haul on most of the sites.  Smiths Grove & Glasgow already have LTE. 

which site? all of the sites have new cabinets but the one on Briggs Road and I am not sure about the one over by Western KY because it's on top of a building & you can't get on the roof to check it out. I think they are just waiting on back haul on most of the sites. Smiths Grove & Glasgow already have LTE.

You have any idea on when you think we might go live I was hopeing by the end of month but don't know yet. Is there sonething you can check and see on the progress.

You have any idea on when you think we might go live I was hopeing by the end of month but don't know yet. Is there sonething you can check and see on the progress.

No one Knows when a sites going live until it goes live. Some are weeks after they are accepted, some go live before acceptance. Common reason for a converted site not being accepted is back haul. Sponsor section has maps of all sprint sites nationwide as well as all sites with network vision work accepted or reported in progress.

The one I foind the papers at was right off scottsville rd and I thought from the way it looked backhaul was in on all of those sites.

you are talking about the tower on Winners Circle.  I posted pics of that site back a few months ago.  It does look like it has back haul installed so no idea on what the hold up is.  Briggs road no idea about the cabinets & I don't think they have the panels up on that tower either.  I have not drove by up close enough to check on the cabinets.  But I can see it everyday & keep an eye out for new panels to go up.  Have you been by the one on 3 Springs to see if they laid any back haul? It has been waiting on back haul for a long time there. 

Yes the backhaul is there I believe cause its all hooked but I will go check tommorow to make sure cause I only live 1/4 mile from it. But I'm almost 99% sure it has been.

Yes the backhaul is there I believe cause its all hooked but I will go check tomorrow to make sure cause I only live 1/4 mile from it. But I'm almost 99% sure it has been.

last time I was there I didn't see any fresh dirt dug up where back haul had been laid.  I drive by that tower on 65 Monday thru Friday & haven't seen action there for a long time

Yes the backhaul is there I believe cause its all hooked but I will go check tommorow to make sure cause I only live 1/4 mile from it. But I'm almost 99% sure it has been.

Our tower in sellersburg (nine miles north of louisville) is on the water tower... And I noticed that they're painting the tower which means they removed all the sprint antennas and now have a cow (how now tall cow) parked beside the water tower. I wonder if they're going to put it back together with LTE... It'd be easier to assemble it on the ground I would think.

Our tower in sellersburg (nine miles north of louisville) is on the water tower... And I noticed that they're painting the tower which means they removed all the sprint antennas and now have a cow (how now tall cow) parked beside the water tower. I wonder if they're going to put it back together with LTE... It'd be easier to assemble it on the ground I would think.

Based on history of some of the recent new towers in Louisville that is not a guarantee.  Two new towers in Louisville there were put up in the last year was built with Legacy equipment rather than the new Network Vision.  Keep an eye on it and if you can take a pic of the panels or the cabinets a member here can confirm it for you.

No one Knows when a sites going live until it goes live. Some are weeks after they are accepted, some go live before acceptance. Common reason for a converted site not being accepted is back haul. Sponsor section has maps of all sprint sites nationwide as well as all sites with network vision work accepted or reported in progress.

Hey was wondering if you talked to anybody on here that could get you the info on what sites have been excepted,in progress?

that's in the sponsors section.

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 4 Beta.

Based on history of some of the recent new towers in Louisville that is not a guarantee.  Two new towers in Louisville there were put up in the last year was built with Legacy equipment rather than the new Network Vision.  Keep an eye on it and if you can take a pic of the panels or the cabinets a member here can confirm it for you.

I couldn't get close enough to see if there was any new equipment on the ground, but apparently there's 2 COWs... one is a simple tri-sector unit, and the other has 2 levels of tri-sectors (attached). However, I did see one or two new fiber runs coiled up and hung on the pole next to the tower, so it looks like the bandwidth is there to support LTE once they put it back together again. 

ScreenShot009.bmp

Hey was wondering if you talked to anybody on here that could get you the info on what sites have been excepted,in progress?

I can answer this better now that I am at home. That sort of information is kept for sponsors. It is on of the many benefits of supporting this site. Info on becoming a sponsor here: http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/1195-information-about-s4gru-sponsorship-levels-and-how-to-become-a-sponsor/

This: http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/517-nv-sites-complete/ is the sponsor map that shows all of the sites with some form of acceptance (3g, 4g, 1x800)as well as sites reported in-progress by members. I myself have reported many sites. 

There are also the legacy network maps that show every existing sprint tower nationwide, useful when hunting for in progress sites. I also have a map that I maintain in the KY sponsor thread (Link below for sponsors) of accepted Louisville sites with their associated serving cell IDs, useful when trying to figure out which LTE site you are connecting to. Currently I have all the reported sites for Louisville and immediate area, as well as a few down south that have been reported to me. 

Premier sponsors get even more good stuff like lte 800 and TD-2600 maps for select cites.

There is some very useful stuff in the non-sponsor area such as Digiblur's How to spot Sprint NV panels and RRUs.

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/2902-how-to-spot-sprint-antennas-and-rrus-ericsson-style/

There is also the daily acceptance reports here: http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/3913-network-vision-site-acceptance-report-updates/

Though without being a sponsor you won't know where the update took place at. Hope this helps.

• Like 1