Network Vision/LTE - West Kentucky Market (Louisville, Evansville, Bowling Green)

bgguy

I normally don't post stuff like this but I have a buddy thats a photographer who has spent a lot of time in Murray, Ky lately and says this afternoon he had 4g on his EVO LTE briefly around 2pm local. He's not an idiot and is a wireless nerd like a lot of us so I don't doubt his story. I told him to install Sensorly and let it run for as long as he could for the next few days to see if it pops up on the map anytime soon. I RARELY make it that far west in Ky but if any of you guys are out there it might be worth checking.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
I was in Glasgow KY today & never picked up a LTE signal. And the 3G was not that great either

The site is not accepted as complete there yet. Thanks for the report from the field.

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

I was in Glasgow KY today & never picked up a LTE signal. And the 3G was not that great either

Did you happen to get any tower pics? Would love to know if work has started, cabinets delievered, ect. Observing a lot of backhaul work around Louisville but not much else, yet. I'll get real excited when I start seeing equipment being delivered.

Did you happen to get any tower pics? Would love to know if work has started, cabinets delievered, ect. Observing a lot of backhaul work around Louisville but not much else, yet. I'll get real excited when I start seeing equipment being delivered.

I have no idea where any of the towers are there. I am hardly ever in Glasgow & don't know the area at all. If I had addresses the next time I am there I will drive by & check

I will most likely be in Russellville on 4/1 - 4/3 visiting a friend and weather permitting I'm willing to come back to Danville the long way to check the tower if anyone has an idea where it is. Last time I was there I didn't see one and like Shores above, had terrible service while I was in Wendy's parking lot at lunch.

The exact location is sponsor info, I will say that there is only one tower for sprint, and that it is a bit NW of the town center. The Wendy's is only about a mile away from it. In google Earth it looks like there are about 4 or 5 carriers on that tower. There is probably only one tower maybe two max for every carrier in Glasgow. If you see a tower, odds are good its the Sprint tower.

I have no idea where any of the towers are there. I am hardly ever in Glasgow & don't know the area at all. If I had addresses the next time I am there I will drive by & check

Being a sponsor you have access to maps that plot every Sprint site. You can click on the pointer and get an close address (Batchgeo generates the address). I use the maps all the time to check out sites.

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/704-network-vision-site-map-nashville-and-westeast-kentucky-markets/

Being a sponsor you have access to maps that plot every Sprint site. You can click on the pointer and get an close address (Batchgeo generates the address). I use the maps all the time to check out sites.

http://s4gru.com/ind...ntucky-markets/

thanks for the info I will use that to check info on Bowling Green KY. They have to do something there soon the 3G is barely usable there.

I've kept an eye on most of the BG towers and haven't seen any work happening. Someone had mentioned about Murray, KY having LTE and I plan on checking that out this weekend.

I've kept an eye on most of the BG towers and haven't seen any work happening. Someone had mentioned about Murray, KY having LTE and I plan on checking that out this weekend.

BG has the slowest data speeds. I don't know how many times I have had to pull into a McDonalds to use their wifi because I wasn't able to get a fast enough data connection to get what I needed. I keep hoping they will get LTE soon.

May I ask where you have seen back haul work in Louisville. I am about to jump ship to T-Mobile if something doesn't happen here soon.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Look for things like this at the perimeter of a site. This is a Windstream install at a site in Bullitt county where I live. I have found three sites around me with newly ran fiber.

VD8cmAH.jpg

F3dRIdi.jpg

I'm pretty sure one of the in progress sites in Louisville has had fiber ran to it, and I think two others do as well, but can't confirm. Looking at Windstreams fiber map, I think they will get a lot of the Louisville area backhaul. They have a lot of fiber through E-Town and Glasgow as well. Not much in BG though. Not sure who else could be backhaul providers in West KY, there will likely be 3 or 4 at least. Sites in Louisville have been harder to observe. Most are either surounded by solid wooden fences, or on private or inaccessible property. Another thing is that a lot of Sprints sites in Louisville are co-located with other carriers, making it harder to tell a new fiber install unless I see it going in.

Windstream Map

http://www.windstreambusiness.com/support/coverage-area

Very interesting to compare this map with the sponsor map.

I stopped in Murray Saturday tried on different sectors of the tower to get LTE and it wasn't there. Download speeds were decent (1 Mbps+) but upload speeds were sub 100 Kbps.

Driving home today I noticed a crew doing some digging around the bottom. This was on the tower off Three Springs Rd in Bowling Green. Looks like things are looking up for our area. Time to get some LTE lovin.

Darn. Keep watching your area. Watch for signs of new backhaul being ran (eg running new wires down street to outer perimeter of tower fence, buried cable tube outside fence like I posted above, trench being dug to site, ect.) Sites with backhaul ready will be the first to be converted. It wouldn't surprise me if they started in that area first before moving up to Louisville. It gives them time to get the NV project figured out and test equipment out before they affect heavily populated areas. I hope to see some conversion progress in the next few months. I have at least 3 sites around me that I know for a fact have had new fiber ran at least a month ago. Suspect others have as well. Keep us posted.

May I ask where you have seen back haul work in Louisville. I am about to jump ship to T-Mobile if something doesn't happen here soon.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Here is some Backhaul work that I have seen.

PPAJIQ1.jpg

Sc5Pl8e.jpg

wEmhJzH.jpg

vgenQsw.jpg

LaOO6sZ.jpg

5pdlz2w.jpg

3TS9L5P.jpg

VD8cmAH.jpg

I'm hoping there're more sites with fiber ready than what I've found so far. These are all either on the fence of a Sprint tower or very near, such as coming off the main road. More info in Sponsor threads.

• 2 weeks later...

I noticed on my drive home last night that one of the towers in Bowling Green had what looked like new racks and wiring going from what looks like a Nextel shed to the tower. This tower was the first one to have Nextel decommissioned from it last year in this area. I'll try and get pictures but it's hard to do in traffic at 70 MPH.