Network Vision/LTE - West Kentucky Market (Louisville, Evansville, Bowling Green)

bgguy

Whatever LTE tower I'm picking up at my office downtown, something is wonky with it lately.  When it first lit up I was getting pretty decent speeds; now data speed is nearly nonexistent, even though it still shows I'm on LTE. Speedtest is giving me "primer test failed" errors.

In comparison to the rest of the market, Bg has been neglected so far. I mean Glasgow has lte. However, I have noticed I am roaming a lot more often than I was prior to the first sights being launched in the state.

There was 9 lte updates this week and bowling green cant get 1 lte site live. Im starting to wonder what the deal is ive been seeing work forever now and no lte. We have have sites complete but cant get any turned on.

So this morning at my house in little Simpsonville, KY I had 4G showing on Galaxy S3.  I couldn't believe it!  I ran some speed tests and although not impressive (7 mbps or so on download) it was definitely LTE.  I even managed to map one single blip around my house on Sensorly.  Sadly about an hour later the signal went away and I have not been able to connect since.  What could be up with this?  Some kind of test of the local tower?  I saw on sensorly that a tower West of me on 64 has been upgraded, but it seems to be too far away to be bleeding signal all the way here.  What gives?  

Tried to do some sensorely mspping today I had 4g from smiths grove all the way to bowling greens scottsville rd exit. Thats pretty cool I think prolly have 4g on all of the sites on by next week maybe crossing fingers.

Tried to do some sensorely mspping today I had 4g from smiths grove all the way to bowling greens scottsville rd exit. Thats pretty cool I think prolly have 4g on all of the sites on by next week maybe crossing fingers.

It'd be nice if they did, but I doubt it by next week. There are sites in Louisville that have had the physical work done for months but still haven't been accepted. There is more work to be done that we don't see. Hopefully none of those sites will be in donut mode when they are accepted. We have a few here that are still not working right. Seems to be one certain area that the sites are in donut mode. Most of the other sites are working within two or three days of being accepted around Louisville. Bullitt County and very southern Jefferson county for some reason seems to be a problem. Out of four accepted sites around me, only one is working normally, and it spent a month in donut mode. Most people don't even know we have LTE in this area yet because they can't connect to it normally. 

My signal on the Smiths Grove tower doesn't go too far south towards Bowling Green.  I usually loose it right past Oak Grove at the Coca Cola plant.  Next time try toggling your phone to the airplane mode for a few seconds so you can make sure your still getting the LTE signal as you're traveling away from the tower.

My signal on the Smiths Grove tower doesn't go too far south towards Bowling Green. I usually loose it right past Oak Grove at the Coca Cola plant. Next time try toggling your phone to the airplane mode for a few seconds so you can make sure your still getting the LTE signal as you're traveling away from the tower.

Yes I usually lose the signal also but it wasnt that way last night and I had never b een able to pull 4g at the cumberland trace rd one either until last night. I live on scottsville rd and I had it from there I toggled airplane rd picked it up and had a 5 bar 4g signal all the way home.

Im getting back out today and will try to map it so you can see. Talking about louisville our sites have had everything to and been sitting for months. You gotta think that theres alot more more people and strain on the network there to we only have prolly ten sites all together.

Yes I usually lose the signal also but it wasnt that way last night and I had never b een able to pull 4g at the cumberland trace rd one either until last night. I live on scottsville rd and I had it from there I toggled airplane rd picked it up and had a 5 bar 4g signal all the way home.

i can't wait to get in BG tomorrow & see what I can pick up.

I picked up my first 4G signal today. Unfortunately it was in the middle of nowhere. This was on US 41 roughly between the Evansville Airport and McCutchenville. I haven't seen anything in Evansville yet.

Thanks for the report. If you have the Sensorly map installed on your phone you should map out the coverage if you go through there again. There are currently three sites near Evansville, and one farther north a bit. More will be coming soon.

For those in the area of Shelbyville Rd and Hurstbourne, I noticed on lunch today that 3g seemed to have improved a lot. They must have done a legacy speed upgrade, as there is no NV accepted there, yet. Noticed that my phone was very responsive and actually loaded S4GRU on Tapatalk. Normally everything times out here. So while I waited for my lunch at Jason's Deli, I ran a quick speedtest. .80mbps down at 12:30! Enjoy. (Normally to use data in this area I have to use my T-Mo hotspot.)

2nocTKE.png

• Like 1