Network Vision/LTE - West Kentucky Market (Louisville, Evansville, Bowling Green)

bgguy

Has anyone done any mapping out 231 yet? Briggs hill rd site is live and wku on normal is live also. I'm gonna go out towards my brothers this weekend which is in oakland snd do some mapping towards red pond rd area. I know the area well and grew up around there. W onder how long till the i65 at three springs will come live. I know its not backhaul cause time warner cable is hooked up to the site and nv cabinets for a while. They must be short on people to get the sites tuned or whatever. Wish they would cause I can pick up scottsville rd lte but I'm closer to three springs.

Has anyone done any mapping out 231 yet? Briggs hill rd site is live and wku on normal is live also. I'm gonna go out towards my brothers this weekend which is in oakland snd do some mapping towards red pond rd area. I know the area well and grew up around there. W onder how long till the i65 at three springs will come live. I know its not backhaul cause time warner cable is hooked up to the site and nv cabinets for a while. They must be short on people to get the sites tuned or whatever. Wish they would cause I can pick up scottsville rd lte but I'm closer to three springs.

Wish I could map but I have an IPhone

LTE at TMMI in Princeton this morning, though I'm not sure if it is still part of the W. Ky region.

Yes Princeton is still part of the West Kentucky market. If you have Sensorly installed, try to map the area so that others can see the 4G coverage. Right now Sensorly doesn't show any 4G coverage in the area.

Yes Princeton is still part of the West Kentucky market. If you have Sensorly installed, try to map the area so that others can see the 4G coverage. Right now Sensorly doesn't show any 4G coverage in the area.

I'll give it a shot sometime, but I'm worried about battery life today. My car charger seems to have stopped working today. In the past I've started mapping and it has locked up or otherwise stopped. I got it to work one time and mapped 41 around Boonville-New Harmony Road, but it looks like someone else has got that area covered better than I did.

Ive got a few questions if anyone has any answers it would be appreciated. Im in west kentucky,bowling green and we have gotten actually one site thats been accepted in town. This tower reaches prolly 3 miles or more with great speeds. Ive been by other towers and pick up lte and for the most part you cant hang on to it. Besides the wku site. Dont really understand how a site that has 3 anntennas can outperform a site with 6. And was just wondering why if these sites have 4g and backhaul why still a month later from the first acceptance any more activity?

Ive got a few questions if anyone has any answers it would be appreciated. Im in west kentucky,bowling green and we have gotten actually one site thats been accepted in town. This tower reaches prolly 3 miles or more with great speeds. Ive been by other towers and pick up lte and for the most part you cant hang on to it. Besides the wku site. Dont really understand how a site that has 3 anntennas can outperform a site with 6. And was just wondering why if these sites have 4g and backhaul why still a month later from the first acceptance any more activity?

I don't see what this has to do with donut mode.

To answer your question, you only have one site accepted. So if you are picking up LTE else where but can't hang onto it, it's because you are grabbing a weak signal from this one site.

All Sprint sites have 3 sectors, and 3 NV antennas in your market. Not sure why you're comparing it to a site with 6 antennas. 

There can be any number of reason for a delay in acceptance. The usual driver is lack of backhaul. There's no way to know if backhaul is actually available until they fire up the site.

Thats what I am trying to get at if you check the sensorly app you can see that ive mapped some off the other towers. Theres no way that tower is picking up dignal at the bases of these other sites. I know for a fact that the three other dites are broadcasting 4g. And yes you can get ell if a site has backhaul or not. And every site in bowling green has backhaul except for two.

Thats what I am trying to get at if you check the sensorly app you can see that ive mapped some off the other towers. Theres no way that tower is picking up dignal at the bases of these other sites. I know for a fact that the three other dites are broadcasting 4g. And yes you can get ell if a site has backhaul or not. And every site in bowling green has backhaul except for two.

Couple of things here. Check your LTE signal strength when you are near the other towers, make sure you use something like signal check as your bars only show 1x signal strength on stock Samsung phones. On Sensorly, I don't see the dark purple of strong signal anywhere except in the vicinity of the known tower. Most sites do overlap other sites to an extent. For example, In Louisville one of our first live sites was in Newburg, but that signal covered a huge area between the Waterson and the Gene Synder, and from I-65 to Bardstown rd. Also, remember that there is more to backhaul than what we see at the site. There are two ends to every connection, just because it is done on the tower side doesn't mean it necessarily is on the other end. Some sites site for months before they start broadcasting. 

The one way to tell without a shadow of a doubt that you are on an aditional tower is to go into your engineering screen and check your serving cell. Your profile says you have an S4, to check open up your dialer and type ##debug#, if it asks for a password it is sprint. Find LTE engineering on the list and tap it. Serving cell should be an item on this screen. Each tower has three unique serving cells, one for each sector, N,SE,SW. Typically 1-169 is the N sector, 170-338 is SE and 339-507 is SW. Being in an Ericsson market the trend is for each sector to be 169 from each other for the same site. For example, 44, 213, and 382 would be from the same site. Remember that you can be connected to 1x on one tower and LTE from another. 

Good luck, and please let me know what you find out. 

FYI. Those ranges are close. 0,169,338 is a valid set of LTE PCI's. Two sites in our market have this set.

Thanks for the heads up. 

Everyone be on the lookout for some 1X800. Seen some testing this week in Louisville. 

gDbFOhrl.png

Couple of things here. Check your LTE signal strength when you are near the other towers, make sure you use something like signal check as your bars only show 1x signal strength on stock Samsung phones. On Sensorly, I don't see the dark purple of strong signal anywhere except in the vicinity of the known tower. Most sites do overlap other sites to an extent. For example, In Louisville one of our first live sites was in Newburg, but that signal covered a huge area between the Waterson and the Gene Synder, and from I-65 to Bardstown rd. Also, remember that there is more to backhaul than what we see at the site. There are two ends to every connection, just because it is done on the tower side doesn't mean it necessarily is on the other end. Some sites site for months before they start broadcasting.

The one way to tell without a shadow of a doubt that you are on an aditional tower is to go into your engineering screen and check your serving cell. Your profile says you have an S4, to check open up your dialer and type ##debug#, if it asks for a password it is sprint. Find LTE engineering on the list and tap it. Serving cell should be an item on this screen. Each tower has three unique serving cells, one for each sector, N,SE,SW. Typically 1-169 is the N sector, 170-338 is SE and 339-507 is SW. Being in an Ericsson market the trend is for each sector to be 169 from each other for the same site. For example, 44, 213, and 382 would be from the same site. Remember that you can be connected to 1x on one tower and LTE from another.

Yea I uderstand all that been looking at these sites hardcore for about 4 months now. Today I did get different serving cells for red pond rd site. And the one at western is live also because I've been doing work up there the past month or so. I went out to the briggs hill rd site about a month ago to and vould tell it was live then to cause I went straight to the base and super strong signals. Need to go back and do some mapping and grab the serving cells from those sites. And the industrial rd site here I was there when the anntennas went up. And couldn't get any lte usable or not before they put those up that day. And I bought signal check pro about a month ago and I do a lot of times pickup 1x from one site and lte from another. One question does anyone else use microwave backhaul besides sprint and clearwire that you know of. And do you know if bg will get 2600 this year or not cause I know of a few sites that had wimax on them. But yea I do underdtand what you are saying about everything that you are talking about.

Also I kind of figured we would be pretty much launched and close to finish by first of year. And what's your opinion or chances of that cause I was wanting to get a tri band phone just didn't know how long before we would actually get 800 and 2600.

Also I kind of figured we would be pretty much launched and close to finish by first of year. And what's your opinion or chances of that cause I was wanting to get a tri band phone just didn't know how long before we would actually get 800 and 2600.

800 is starting to spin up in the Louisville area.  2600 will still be awhile away still. Like years.

800 is starting to spin up in the Louisville area. 2600 will still be awhile away still. Like years.

You said 800 is starting to spin up there in louisville are you talking about 800lte or voice 800?