Cell towers disturb pair of Santa Feans

S4GRU

It is amazing there are any wireless sites in Santa Fe.  This kind of crap comes up every time a new site is proposed or approved in "The City Different":  http://www.santafenewmexican.com/news/local_news/article_5d6d852e-37ac-560b-9c32-2d9be3bd5d79.html

I love this quote:  

Two Santa Feans concerned about the potential health effects of cellphone towers say a new stealth array atop the Hotel Santa Fe has been giving them fits and causing high readings on a microwave detector since the first of the month. But an AT&T spokesman says the antennas haven’t been connected yet.

Also, another classic:

“Last night, it woke me up in the middle of the night with heart symptoms. … I can’t swear to what they’re doing, but I’m told that the middle of the night is when they download updates into everybody’s phones.”

Then, perhaps, a little bit of reality:

Told that AT&T says the array hasn’t been connected yet, Firstenberg initially said, “Maybe there’s a 1 percent chance that all this is coincidence and I’m sick for some other reason.”

Brilliant!  Perhaps she should just expect it from now on:

“When you’re expecting it,” she said, “your body reacts to the expectations.”

• Like 7

Nice, I would give it a 10% chance that they are being effected by Coronal Mass Ejections

Better be careful with the suggestions, they may get pissed off at the sun and put out a restraining order in for it to cease all Solar Flare activity and if it doesn't call for it's removal from the sky.

• Like 3

Ugh.

Isn't a lot of New Mexico kinda, uh, 'fringe' in their thinking? I swear there must have been a free bus route from Berkeley to New Mexico at some point... {and it would have had to have been non-stop, since Arizonans are much more normal}

• Like 2

Ugh.

Isn't a lot of New Mexico kinda, uh, 'fringe' in their thinking? I swear there must have been a free bus route from Berkeley to New Mexico at some point... {and it would have had to have been non-stop, since Arizonans are much more normal}

We refer to Santa Fe as the Berkeley of the Interior West. My brother calls it Insane-a Fe.

Robert from Note 2 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

• Like 2

this is by far the weirdest shit excuse ever. Wtf is wrong with people?

You should have been present at the Santa Fe City Council meeting when they discussed the approval of the WiMax Protection Site. Whoa! Idiocy and lies were used liberally by citizens and council members.

• Like 1

You should have been present at the Santa Fe City Council meeting when they discussed the approval of the WiMax Protection Site. Whoa! Idiocy and lies were used liberally by citizens and council members.

I don't understand people sometimes. It's ridiculous, it's only harmful when you're up close and then it's STILL UN-noticable. 

• Like 1

Oh hey, it's that guy who sued his neighbor for using an iPhone. I honestly can't believe he's still getting any press attention at all.

Edit: I do find this interesting, though:

“The site is not active and is still under construction, so it is not currently providing service,” he wrote in an email this week. He said AT&T’s electric meter is running “because our equipment must be internally tested before it can be ‘turned on’ for customer traffic.”

Sounds like it could actually be something similar to how Sprint occasionally has 4G LTE sites that are broadcasting LTE, but refuses to auth consumer devices, aka testing mode. Not to lend any credence to the claims of these, ah, people.

It is amazing there are any wireless sites in Santa Fe.  This kind of crap comes up every time a new site is proposed or approved in "The City Different":  http://www.santafenewmexican.com/news/local_news/article_5d6d852e-37ac-560b-9c32-2d9be3bd5d79.html

I love this quote:  

Also, another classic:

Then, perhaps, a little bit of reality:

Brilliant!  Perhaps she should just expect it from now on:

Kind of like some ham radio types do when they put up a new antenna, They leave the end of the coax coiled up outside for a month or so and when they get the complaints about TVI or whatever they show its not hooked up.

• Like 3

I had this conversation with a coworker who had gone to the mesa city council meeting to complain about the tower for the same stupid reasons...(this is a coworker that said that microwaving water was poison.. showed me a stupid video of some woman proving it by microwaviing water then feeding it to the plant and because the plant supposedly died it was because of the water...)

well she went to the meeting then about two months later asked me when network vision was going to happen because service at her house was horrible... i said you mean the tower you complained about to the city council... the same tower that you worked up so many of your fellow freak a zoids that they denied the permit?? that tower... yea i dont need another cell phone tower in my neighborhood too many microwaves in the air... well you would have had it by now but your neighborhood isnt getting a tower like it needed for dropped calls... because your assenine crusade... whats that got to do with towers they can put the antennas up someplace else just not on a tower because they generate negative energy from deep inside the core of the earth.... i turned to my manager and said this one needsa  piss test cause something aint right with her lol

• Like 8

I have some of the worse clients from New Mexico. They are idiots and barely know basic math!

Uhhhh...did you need to insult all of us? I was happy just insulting Santa Feans. :hah:

• Like 3

I have some of the worse clients from New Mexico. They are idiots and barely know basic math!

Uhhhh...did you need to insult all of us? I was happy just insulting Santa Feans. :hah:

unfortunately you and I both know it extends outside of santa fe ;)

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

• Like 1

unfortunately you and I both know it extends outside of santa fe ;)

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

True. :(

Wait a minute..Rob..if I recall...we're both from the same area in FL!

Yep. I'm originally from Putnam County, Florida.

Perhaps these Santa Fe morons should call "Ghost Hunters"....   could be a spook, could be their home is a big electromagnetic mess of old poor electric wiring.   I wish I had neighbors like this...I'd walk outside with my tinfoil hat and point at the sky while I talked into an old wired phone ....  cell tower radiation is  just a symptom of their degree of nuttiness.... I'm betting you could convince them of darn near anything. 

• Like 2

North Central Florida, represent!

(Forest High School, Ocala, class of '93 here.)

Interlachen High School '94.

Robert

I do find this thread and story amusing, but.... it is no different from other peoples opinions or religions, people preach their view and expect people to believe it because they told them so, because of some funny reason that some guy once said on the way home walking his dog.

Lots of money to be made there.

• Like 1