LG G2 -- the first Sprint tri band LTE handset (was "LG Optimus G2")

Thai

Maybe the reason the LG G2 is taking so long is that it's taking a while for TD-LTE support. Pure speculation on my part, mind you, I have no evidence this is the case, this is a guess on my part.  :)

• Like 1

Maybe the reason the LG G2 is taking so long is that it's taking a while for TD-LTE support. Pure speculation on my part, mind you, I have no evidence this is the case, this is a guess on my part. :)

I think you're right. It'll be Sprint's first phone that is Triband. Then again, iPhone looks to be coming out sooner but only has 800mhz along with 1900 capability.

Maybe the reason the LG G2 is taking so long is that it's taking a while for TD-LTE support. Pure speculation on my part, mind you, I have no evidence this is the case, this is a guess on my part.  :)

I totally agree with you.  I think the LG G2 release is being purposely delayed in order to build up the LTE 2600 nationwide to have as many Clearwire towers upgraded as possible with LTE 2600 prior to launch (hopefully by late Oct) and not because of "production issues".  If you look at the LTE 2600 map in the Premier Sponsor section it explain it all if you think about it.  I know its just pure speculation but that is what I firmly believe.

I totally agree with you.  I think the LG G2 release is being purposely delayed in order to build up the LTE 2600 nationwide to have as many Clearwire towers upgraded as possible with LTE 2600 prior to launch (hopefully by late Oct) and not because of "production issues".  If you look at the LTE 2600 map in the Premier Sponsor section it explain it all if you think about it.  I know its just pure speculation but that is what I firmly believe.

Just my opinion---The extra coverage broadcasting 2.5 in the 2 months will be negligible.

• Like 1

Just my opinion---The extra coverage broadcasting 2.5 in the 2 months will be negligible.

It'll be great for my college. No signal indoors but there's a Wimax site in the parking lot that has Wimax signal indoors. Would be amazing if LTE was available indoors. ;-)

I respectfully disagree.  If you saw the map of LTE 2600 deployment and the dates they have penciled in for launch, you wouldn't be saying that.

• Like 2

I respectfully disagree.  If you saw the map of LTE 2600 deployment and the dates they have penciled in for launch, you wouldn't be saying that.

Are they really ramping up LTE 2600 that much? I'm kinda more excited about the 800 MHz spectrum since Sprint signal sucks in the building where I work.

I will be happily be surprised. I live in Milwaukee and we haven't even met our threshold to be declared 4G yet.  I guess any delay will give it more towers to work off of. 

I will be happily be surprised. I live in Milwaukee and we haven't even met our threshold to be declared 4G yet.  I guess any delay will give it more towers to work off of. 

Well sine you are in Milwaukee, you won't see a difference since the LTE 2600 deployment is only going on in Clearwire's existing Wimax network and Milwaukee was not a Wimax network.  However folks in the larger markets in Phase 1 of the LTE 2600 rollout will see some difference depending if they live near an area of LTE 2600 coverage.  I am not trying to say its a full blown widespread coverage of LTE 2600 by late October but I can understand why late October could be an ideal time to launch the LG G2 but at the same time not be too late to the party.

Are they really ramping up LTE 2600 that much? I'm kinda more excited about the 800 MHz spectrum since Sprint signal sucks in the building where I work.

It depends on what you call as much.  I would say sufficient in some of the big markets.  LTE 2600 is rolling out in 2 phases over the existing Clearwire network.  Phase 1 is for high priority sites that Clearwire is upgrading first and Phase 2 is to upgrade the rest of the Clearwire network.  So even by late Oct, only part (and in some cases all) of the Phase 1 towers in different markets are already complete.Because you aren't a Premier Sponsor, you can't see the LTE 2600 deployment maps but it is pretty exciting. 

The problem I see with 800 MHz in Orange County is that it won't get any for a long time.  The towers in Orange County I believe don't have the 800 MHz RRUs installed at the NV towers right now and it might have to do with the Mexico IBEZ or 800 MHz spectrum squatters.  Either way 800 MHz deployment isn't happening for awhile for CDMA or LTE in Orange County.  I live out in Rowland Heights and the NV towers that have been upgraded do not have the 800 MHz RRUs installed and when I look at the map that in the link below it makes sense since Rowland Heights looks like in the red dots.

Look at post #379 by Robert that talks about 800 MHz in Orange County.  If you look at the map, you see a bunch of red dots which are all in Orange County.

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/2445-network-visionlte-orange-county-market-anaheimsanta-anairvinehuntington-beach/page-19

It depends on what you call as much.  I would say sufficient in some of the big markets.  LTE 2600 is rolling out in 2 phases over the existing Clearwire network.  Phase 1 is for high priority sites that Clearwire is upgrading first and Phase 2 is to upgrade the rest of the Clearwire network.  So even by late Oct, only part (and in some cases all) of the Phase 1 towers in different markets are already complete.Because you aren't a Premier Sponsor, you can't see the LTE 2600 deployment maps but it is pretty exciting. 

The problem I see with 800 MHz in Orange County is that it won't get any for a long time.  The towers in Orange County I believe don't have the 800 MHz RRUs installed at the NV towers right now and it might have to do with the Mexico IBEZ or 800 MHz spectrum squatters.  Either way 800 MHz deployment isn't happening for awhile for CDMA or LTE in Orange County.  I live out in Rowland Heights and the NV towers that have been upgraded do not have the 800 MHz RRUs installed and when I look at the map that in the link below it makes sense since Rowland Heights looks like in the red dots.

Look at post #379 by Robert that talks about 800 MHz in Orange County.  If you look at the map, you see a bunch of red dots which are all in Orange County.

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/2445-network-visionlte-orange-county-market-anaheimsanta-anairvinehuntington-beach/page-19

Aww man. Well, good thing I didn't settle for the iPhone 5S or I wouldn't be getting LTE 2600 either. I do know that I had WiMAX back when I lived in Santa Ana, and I've seen random spots of WiMAX in Irvine, so hopefully that means we'll get some good LTE 2600, but it really is a bummer that we won't be getting 800 MHz anytime soon.

Aww man. Well, good thing I didn't settle for the iPhone 5S or.......

That's an understatement with lots of bad endings that could be applied. :D

Sent from my d3rpONE using Tapatalk 4

• Like 1

Aww man. Well, good thing I didn't settle for the iPhone 5S or I wouldn't be getting LTE 2600 either. I do know that I had WiMAX back when I lived in Santa Ana, and I've seen random spots of WiMAX in Irvine, so hopefully that means we'll get some good LTE 2600, but it really is a bummer that we won't be getting 800 MHz anytime soon.

Yup I am sad too about the lack of 800 MHz in Orange County until the IBEZ is resolved since I work out in Orange County. You should try to confirm towers that are around you that you know are NV upgraded and see if it has 800 MHz RRUs already installed on the tower.  If it doesn't, then it pretty much confirms that the screenshot that was posted is accurate.   I don't know why the IBEZ stretches far above the exclusion zone which should have been from the Mexican border all the way up to San Clemente and after that the 800 MHz should have been free to use. 

However I am relieved that LTE 2600 will be here sooner rather than later.

I thought the LG G2 had stereo speakers since I saw two speaker grills on the international model but in reality, the LG G2 only has 1 speaker which is on the right speaker grill so it is not stereo.   The left speaker grill just has a microphone.  Kinda weird and deceiving how LG did this and made a speaker grill just for the microphone.  So when Verizon just replaced the left speaker grill with a microphone, they didn't "lose" anything.

The iPhones also only have one speaker on the bottom, the second grille is for the microphone. We have at least 5 people come in to our store each week saying one of their speakers isn't working.

• Like 2

The iPhones also only have one speaker on the bottom, the second grille is for the microphone. We have at least 5 people come in to our store each week saying one of their speakers isn't working.

I didn't know that about the iPhones as well.  I don't know why Apple and LG do this.  My only guess is for aesthetic looks so it looks balanced on both sides.  Personally I would rather have LG just stick to the one speaker grill on the right side so its clear that a speaker grill equates to a speaker.

After confirming that the release date from my friend in Sprint marketing was on Nov 2nd, he's now confirmed that LG reps are throwing a launch party for Sprint reps on Oct 28th.

I'm interested in getting G2, but my wife is ready to get a Note 3, I'd love a Triband phone but Sprints $100 bring a line looks to be expiring the 10th. I know I can get a waterproof case for the S4, the only thing I don't know is if the S4 has 800 LTE. Looks like LG lost out on this one.

I'm interested in getting G2, but my wife is ready to get a Note 3, I'd love a Triband phone but Sprints $100 bring a line looks to be expiring the 10th. I know I can get a waterproof case for the S4, the only thing I don't know is if the S4 has 800 LTE. Looks like LG lost out on this one.

The S4 does not have 800 LTE. It only has LTE on 1900.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4