COUNTDOWN!!! Nextel iDEN Shutdown

Nope.  Using my wifes.  I don't think I will ever open/reopen an EBay account ever again.

Robert

The thing that confuses me is in a free market how the hell has competition not set in for eBay? Very frustrating...

I'd even let Charlie Ergen win the auction, as long as he didn't have any stupid requirements like wanting veto control over our anti DISH postings.

Robert from Note 2 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

• Like 7

I am quite impressed by the bidding already.  From the auction proceeds and the daily sponsorship the past several weeks, the countdown clock has been the most profitable aspect of the Nextel iDEN network in years.

AJ

• Like 19

Now that we are down to the final week, what do you think Nextel iDEN will request for its last meal?  Perhaps a lunchpail sandwich and a thermos of coffee.  Or maybe some chicken wings and a vial of crack.

;)

AJ

• Like 1

Now that we are down to the final week, what do you think Nextel iDEN will request for its last meal? Perhaps a lunchpail sandwich and a thermos of coffee. Or maybe some chicken wings and a vial of crack.

;)

AJ

Emmmm...chicken wings. However, I didn't know I'm supposed to have a vial of crack with it.

• Like 1

Emmmm...chicken wings. However, I didn't know I'm supposed to have a vial of crack with it.

PTT using drug dealers speak very highly of that combo.

AJ

• Like 4

Nope. Using my wifes. I don't think I will ever open/reopen an EBay account ever again.

Robert

I had a 300 something rating with a 100% feedback and ebay shut down my account. Screw em.

Wow, that sucks. What happened?

Sent from Josh's iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

no explanation, no nothing, logged on one day to find my account permanently suspended, along with my paypal account. I was a member for 4 years with a perfect feedback. 

no explanation, no nothing, logged on one day to find my account permanently suspended, along with my paypal account. I was a member for 4 years with a perfect feedback.

Stupid eBay.

• Like 1

I just posted on the S4GRU Calendar a chat scheduled next weekend to count down the end of the iDEN Network.  More details:  http://s4gru.com/index.php?/calendar/event/25-s4gru-live-chat-countdown-the-final-hours-of-iden/

Also, don't miss you opportunity to Sponsor the final 24 hours of the iDEN countdown clock.  We have an E-Bay auction going on here:  http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300923642492

Hope to see you next week in The Lounge!

Robert

• Like 7

Wish I had to the money to bid. And I think my girlfriend would kill me if I spent our Saturday night together on here, but it may be worth the risk. To bad I wont be at home when its shut down. The tower I connect to is 800 okayed and I'd like to see if it just turns on that night/morning. May have to take a drive home on sunday to see if its broadcasting.

One question though, Is it being turned off during the day of Sunday the 30th, or is saturday the 29th the last day and being turned off throughout the day? Cause if sunday is the day its being turned off, wouldnt the chat be more appropriate sunday night?

Will there be a 21 chirp salute when the network is put to rest?

No, as the network goes dark, we just all together sarcastically yell, "Nextel, where you at?"

AJ

One question though, Is it being turned off during the day of Sunday the 30th, or is saturday the 29th the last day and being turned off throughout the day? Cause if sunday is the day its being turned off, wouldnt the chat be more appropriate sunday night?

Sprint has announced that starting at 12 Midnight on Sunday June 30th, the Nextel network will start going offline and Saturday, June 29th will be the last day of service. So the countdown is counting down to that very moment...the official end of the iDEN network.

Our chat that is scheduled is kind of like the New Years Eve Countdown party as we watch the clock count down to zero. So it needs to be at that time.

• Like 1