COUNTDOWN!!! Nextel iDEN Shutdown

EBay has been very frustrating to deal with.  They put my account on restriction and pulled the auction until I could call and verify.  I was on hold for two hours last night, finally got them to reinstate my account and my listing.  

However, as of this morning, it still had not been reinstated.  So I called back.  They gave me an hour of talking around and around, asking me to reverify all the information all over again.  I asked the service rep if they had the notes saying they were going to reinstate my account last night.  He found them.  So I asked if this was not sufficient to reinstate my account.  He said no, and now he would need to reverify all my account information and go back over what an iDEN countdown clock is.  *sigh*

I advised him that I would not go back over and do again what was already noted on my account and that I wanted to speak to a supervisor.  A supervisor came on the line and informed me my account has been closed now because I am a risk to EBay members and disconnected the call.  Nice.

EBay sucks.  I guess they know they virtually have a monopoly for online auctions.  So I guess we will have to do an auction online here at S4GRU.  Unless anyone else has any better ideas.  *sigh*

Robert

I am not surprised. I ran an online game server for a while and we tried to auction off a launch day banner for an expansion we implemented and were stopped by ebay because they simply didn't understand we were selling naming rights to a digital item in exchange for a donation. Anyway, we ended up having people PM offers and then posting the amount (without a name) on the forums. It worked out okay but then you run the risk of people promising money and not delivering. Restricting it to members who are already Sponsors might be a good idea.

Bah I hate Ebay! lol

check webstore.com - - they are really the only 'alternative' to ebay auctions now... no buying/selling fees, and should be a bit more lax. Since its mainly for the members here, we don't really need the 'exposure' of eBay, but having a legit online auction engine would be good.

UBid and Amazon used to offer online auction engines for individuals/small biz, but it looks like they discontinued them, so Webstore.com is it!

Nat

Either do our own little auction here.  Some sort of rule of maybe having so many posts or something, like a verified member type deal.  Or you could do the Ebay thing again by also selling an actual small product.  Just some junk you have laying around, old sweaty t-shirt,  that also comes with the iDen countdown clock name.

• Like 6

Either do our own little auction here. Some sort of rule of maybe having so many posts or something, like a verified member type deal. Or you could do the Ebay thing again by also selling an actual small product. Just some junk you have laying around, old sweaty t-shirt, that also comes with the iDen countdown clock name.

That's a good way of doing it, lol!

Sent from Josh's iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

EBay sucks. I guess they know they virtually have a monopoly for online auctions. So I guess we will have to do an auction online here at S4GRU. Unless anyone else has any better ideas. *sigh*

Robert

Check ebid.com

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Check ebid.com

I considered it.  However, I figured many of our members may not want to open a new account just to bid on this item.  I want to encourage bidding and was afraid ebid may discourage members from openly bidding.

Robert

Check ebid.com

I considered it. However, I figured many of our members may not want to open a new account just to bid on this item. I want to encourage bidding and was afraid ebid may discourage members from openly bidding.

Robert

Then digiblur's idea is the best option :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Or you could do the Ebay thing again by also selling an actual small product. Just some junk you have laying around, old sweaty t-shirt, that also comes with the iDen countdown clock name.

Great idea. I think I will use this Penguin pencil topper that my wife donated to the cause.

uploadfromtaptalk1371837360985.jpg

Robert from Note 2 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

• Like 3

Check ebid.com

I considered it. However, I figured many of our members may not want to open a new account just to bid on this item. I want to encourage bidding and was afraid ebid may discourage members from openly bidding.

Robert

Then digiblur's idea is the best option :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I second that! Make a piece of paper that is a certificate saying like you win or something haha, then say the prize will be given over email to avoid having to ship anything.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

I second that! Make a piece of paper that is a certificate saying like you win or something haha, then say the prize will be given over email to avoid having to ship anything.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

That's where they get you..  it's much easier to sell something tangible with something virtual with it as well.  A friend of mine ran into that trading stuff on multiplayer games a while back so he sold his stuff with little souvenir trinkets he had laying around.

• Like 1

I still say the iDENites reported the auction to eBay in an attempt to sabotage it.

AJ

• Like 7

I still say the iDENites reported the auction to eBay in an attempt to sabotage it.

AJ

I hear they will be forming roadblocks in front of the iDen national network control center to prevent the workers from going in to shut things down.  "Where ya at?!?"

• Like 2

I hear they will be forming roadblocks in front of the iDen national network control center to prevent the workers from going in to shut things down.  "Where ya at?!?"

Considering that the South has been an iDEN stronghold, roadblocks and mobs against the SMR Rights Movement would not surprise me at all.

;)

AJ

• Like 1

Well at least the IDENites in the South can go to SouthernLinc to get their fix--and even still have nationwide PTT thanks to T-Mobile and the dual sim XT626 rocking Android Gingerbread... and ya just KNOW that phone will get a badass update soon with all the pent up demand from all the Nextel users flowing into SouthernLinc! /jk

I hear they will be forming roadblocks in front of the iDen national network control center to prevent the workers from going in to shut things down. "Where ya at?!?"

Considering that the South has been an iDEN stronghold, roadblocks and mobs against the SMR Rights Movement would not surprise me at all.

;)

AJ

They need to let go! I want to see that pretty 224xx SID on my phone!

• Like 1

I hear they will be forming roadblocks in front of the iDen national network control center to prevent the workers from going in to shut things down. "Where ya at?!?"

;)

AJ

... In order to have that 224 xx SID you need to have network version correct?

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Great idea. I think I will use this Penguin pencil topper that my wife donated to the cause.

attachicon.gifuploadfromtaptalk1371837360985.jpg

How about some Nextel phones? I have a pair of i880s and a i670 and others that I would have to pull out a box with chargers and all. The irony of bidding on network shutdown countdown clock and receiving phones that work on the shutdown network if you win.....priceless. :)

• Like 5

For some reason, I am imagining Gov. George Wallace...er, I mean...Nextel CEO Tim Donahue standing in the doorway of a Nextel MSC somewhere in the South on June 30, trying to block the shutdown.

;)

AJ

Either do our own little auction here.  Some sort of rule of maybe having so many posts or something, like a verified member type deal.  Or you could do the Ebay thing again by also selling an actual small product.  Just some junk you have laying around, old sweaty t-shirt,  that also comes with the iDen countdown clock name.

Or an OLD Nextel Sim Card... or an Old Nextel Phone...

• Like 1

For some reason, I am imagining Gov. George Wallace...er, I mean...Nextel CEO Tim Donahue standing in the doorway of a Nextel MSC somewhere in the South on June 30, trying to block the shutdown.

;)

AJ

gotta love vpn and remote access though!

FINALLY!!!!

We now have the EBay auction up to Sponsor the final day of the iDEN Countdown Clock:  http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300923642492

Oh yeah, and you also get a lot of soon to be obsolete iDEN devices.  That way EBay will leave us alone.  Special thanks to azoclark who donated this lot for auction.

Proceeds of this auction will go to the S4GRU Fund to pay our expenses and keep us online.  We thank you in advance for contributing to S4GRU via this auction.  So please bid early and often!!!  Don't wait until the end, as dirving up the price is the idea.  ;)

The successful winner of the auction will also get their S4GRU account credited for the amount of the winning bid, and any upgrades that would be due for the size of donation will be credited.  This is a great way to move up to the Premier Sponsor level if you have been wanting to do that.

Robert

• Like 9

FINALLY!!!!

We now have the EBay auction up to Sponsor the final day of the iDEN Countdown Clock

Robert

Does that mean you got your eBay account reinstated. I hate eBay....

Does that mean you got your eBay account reinstated. I hate eBay....

Nope.  Using my wifes.  I don't think I will ever open/reopen an EBay account ever again.

Robert