T-Mobile LTE & Network Discussion

CriticalityEvent

not bad i noticed 60 megs during peak hours

Those are anomalies though. There is one Clear Band 41 site I know of that's capable of giving me 72+Mbps all of the time, even at the busiest hours of the day.

Those are anomalies though. There is one Clear Band 41 site I know of that's capable of giving me 72+Mbps all of the time, even at the busiest hours of the day.

No,  it's just an update to my earlier comments referencing the max peak and off peak speeds. I'm sure there are faster sites on tmo and other ISPs. 

No,  it's just an update to my earlier comments referencing the max peak and off peak speeds. I'm sure there are faster sites on tmo and other ISPs.

I'm not saying the speed itself is an anomaly but sites like these are anomalies. Most sites are incapable of providing speeds so high at peak times.

I'm not saying the speed itself is an anomaly but sites like these are anomalies. Most sites are incapable of providing speeds so high at peak times.

their network is pretty loaded here i suspect that they deployed wideband here

Hot off the presses:

T-MOBILE INTRODUCES AMERICA’S ONLY UNLIMITED 4G LTE FAMILY PLAN

75% of people “hate” monitoring their families’ data usage on carriers’ confusing shared data plans. Now, the Un-carrier puts an end to the gigabyte gimmicks with its new unlimited 4G LTE family plan − starting at just $100 for two lines.

And, T-Mobile brings back its most successful promotion – 4 lines for $100 with 10 GB of 4G LTE data.

T-Mobile (NYSE: TMUS) is taking a stand for everyone who wants wireless without all the confusion and without limits for themselves and their families − unveiling America’s only family plan with unlimited 4G LTE data for the whole family and a multi-line family discount. Available tomorrow, the new Simple Choice family plan starts at just $100 per month for two people – and it goes all the way up to 10 people for just $40 more per line – when everyone on your plan wants unlimited blazing-fast data on America’s fastest nationwide 4G LTE network.

This holiday season, the traditional carriers are flooding the airwaves with a mishmash of confusing shared data promotions. Between them, AT&T, Sprint and Verizon have 24 different family and promotional rate plans, and, not surprisingly, 81 percent of people recently polled describe all the data promotions in the wireless industry as “somewhat confusing” or “very confusing.” And a full 75 percent say they “hate” policing their own family members’ data usage on the carrier’s shared data plans, while more than 40 percent say they often worry about overage penalties on those plans.

T-Mobile said it’s time to put a stop to the madness. It’s time to free wireless customers from having to decipher confusing gigabyte promotions, from policing their own family’s data usage and from punishing overage charges. The Un-carrier is cutting through the clutter and complexity with a radically simple idea: everyone on your family plan uses as much data as they want. And, you can do it at a better price without ever worrying about domestic overages.

“People are saying loud and clear that they hate the confusion and complexity of the carriers’ shared data plans, and they should,” said John Legere, president and CEO of T-Mobile. “These plans are purpose-built to do one thing – take money from your pocket and put it into theirs. They threaten you with punishing overage penalties unless you police your own family’s data usage or up your data bucket and spend more every month.

“Unfortunately for American consumers, this scheme is working as intended,” added Legere. “In 2014, AT&T, Verizon and Sprint pulled in more than $1.5 billion – yes, with a ‘b’ – in overage penalties. And, it’s no surprise that AT&T is the worst offender by far – collecting more than half of overage penalties this year. T-Mobile’s unlimited 4G LTE family plan is a simpler, saner alternative to the carrier’s crazy gigabyte games.”

While the industry at large moves away from unlimited plans, T-Mobile is giving customers more of what they want. In addition to America’s only unlimited 4G LTE family plan and lightning-fast 4G LTE data for each family member, customers on T-Mobile’s unlimited LTE family plan also get all the Un-carrier “Simple Choice” goodness of no annual service contracts or domestic overages, unlimited talk and text, unmetered music streaming on T-Mobile’s nationwide network plus unlimited data and texting in 120+ countries and destinations, next-gen Wi-Fi calling and free in-flight messaging, among other benefits.

“Of course, every single T-Mobile Simple Choice postpaid customer immediately qualifies to take advantage of this offer. That’s how the Un-carrier does it, putting our customers first,” said Legere. “But not the carriers. Last week, one of them launched a new promotion that not one of their existing customers could get. That makes my head spin, and it’s exactly the kind of BS we’re on a mission to end.”

While the old carriers keep peddling their confusing shared data schemes, the Un-carrier continues to offer far more value, benefits and bang for the buck.

The Unlimited 4G LTE family plan offer is available starting December 10, 2014 for a limited time. Once you sign up, there is no planned expiration date – so you can keep the plan even after the offer is no longer available. All lines on your account must have unlimited 4G LTE data to continue to qualify.

There's more to the press release, but that's the meat of it...

And here is the funny part to what you just posted. The 4G data is unlimited up to 10gb than they slam you down to 2G. That is going to bite them in the ads when the FTC sees that.

And here is the funny part to what you just posted. The 4G data is unlimited up to 10gb than they slam you down to 2G. That is going to bite them in the ads when the FTC sees that.

Lol, so about 5 gb per person.... Assuming they use equal amounts.

Sent from my iPhone 6 on Crapatalk

Exactly. If you think monitoring family usage to stay under a cap is frustrating, try loading YouTube after blasting over 10GB.

• Like 1

I have 20gb on my Sprint family share plan in which Sprint doubled it to 40gb all for $100 a month which includes my phones hotspot and only $15 access per phone, $10 per tablet, less my 23% off the $100 which brings me down to $117 per month.

• Like 2

That's for the 4/$100 offer. That's not the same as the 2/$100 fully unlimited offer.

• Like 2

Point is TMobile isn't fully unlimited anymore, they have said so themselves.

The 2/$100 is full unlimited.  It's essentially the same plan as their unlimited for families simple choice which was $140/2 lines.

Point is TMobile isn't fully unlimited anymore, they have said so themselves.

Err, what? The plan structures have not changed. The 4/$100 promotion is merely expanding the 1GB/mo full speed data allotment (the lowest one available) to 2.5GB/mo until January 2016. 4/$100 is for the unlimited 2G web with a bucket of high speed data. The 2/$100 offer is for the unlimited full speed data plan that is normally $140/mo. They are two separate offers.

T-Mobile has always offered some options that don't offer unlimited full speed data for those who don't want/need it. And there have been (and continue to be) options to get unlimited full speed data for those who need/want it, too.

Sprint is though.  :D

Sent from my Nexus 5

Not for multi-line accounts like T-Mobile does. T-Mobile does offer both multi-line and single-line accounts with unlimited full speed data on any and all lines on the account.

Err, what? The plan structures have not changed. The 4/$100 promotion is merely expanding the 1GB/mo full speed data allotment (the lowest one available) to 2.5GB/mo until January 2016. 4/$100 is for the unlimited 2G web with a bucket of high speed data. The 2/$100 offer is for the unlimited full speed data plan that is normally $140/mo. They are two separate offers.

T-Mobile has always offered some options that don't offer unlimited full speed data for those who don't want/need it. And there have been (and continue to be) options to get unlimited full speed data for those who need/want it, too.

Not for multi-line accounts like T-Mobile does. T-Mobile does offer both multi-line and single-line accounts with unlimited full speed data on any and all lines on the account.

i have a single line with unlimited lte speed and it kicks butt

I might switch over to the 2/100 offer, looks interesting. I wonder if the non lte data is also unlimited? i.e. is there a cap on 3.5g ?

There is never a cap on the throttled data. That's how T-Mobile gets away with calling most of their plans "unlimited."

Sent from my iPhone 6+

There is never a cap on the throttled data. That's how T-Mobile gets away with calling most of their plans "unlimited."

Sent from my iPhone 6+

But there is sometimes a cap on the unthrottled data. I was wondering if there was a limit on the non lte data before you got throttled.

But there is sometimes a cap on the unthrottled data. I was wondering if there was a limit on the non lte data before you got throttled.

No, The 2 for $100 Unlimited LTE does not have any caps, limits, or throttling on the data.
  • Like 1

So maybe this will kick sprint into making the unlimited data $50 w/easy pay or BYOD. I dont see Sprint being able to undercut this, besides giving out xGB of tethering per line for free. 

So maybe this will kick sprint into making the unlimited data $50 w/easy pay or BYOD. I dont see Sprint being able to undercut this, besides giving out xGB of tethering per line for free.

Not sure if you know, but T-mobile Unlimited LTE lines come with 5GB free tethering per line also.
  • Like 1

Not sure if you know, but T-mobile Unlimited LTE lines come with 5GB free tethering per line also.

Exactly they cat really undercut, and make money. They could make good point of the lease program for $5 and it being cheaper overall. Sprint should bring some more value to its unlimited plan, match Tmobiles pricing, even allow framily plan people off, im sure a few may leave for a cheaper plan.