SignalCheck - Android app to monitor your Wi-Fi/2G/3G/4G LTE/5G-NR signal strengths

mikejeep

Are you sure that is reporting correct data?!?! I didn't think the OG Evo supported 800Mhz SMR voice.

The 0G EVO does not report 800SMR or LTE, since it cannot receive either. My post said that my personal, disconnected EVO reported 1X1900 and EvDO. My connected GS3 gets 800SMR, and that is what the screen shot shows, to confirm to Mike that the app is working correctly on a GS3.

The 0G EVO does not report 800SMR or LTE, since it cannot receive either. My post said that my personal, disconnected EVO reported 1X1900 and EvDO. My connected GS3 gets 800SMR, and that is what the screen shot shows, to confirm to Mike that the app is working correctly on a GS3.

Sorry, I misread or misunderstood your initial post

Thank you for the screenshot!! Hugely helpful. Are you sure you had audio and/or vibrate alerts enabled for 800? It's separate from the LTE alerts. Also try disabling LTE alerts in case both signals are being discovered at the same time and perhaps overlapping.. if you're seeing that "1X 800" label, the alert should be triggering.

-Mike

Thank you for the screenshot!! Hugely helpful. Are you sure you had audio and/or vibrate alerts enabled for 800? It's separate from the LTE alerts. Also try disabling LTE alerts in case both signals are being discovered at the same time and perhaps overlapping.. if you're seeing that "1X 800" label, the alert should be triggering.

But, alas, no sound. :(

I'm upgrading to the new HTC One on Friday. I will be downloading the Signal Check app on my new phone, and will be able to finally able to make use of the LTE portion of the app.

Did you get it yet? Let me know how it works.. interested to see if any of the "extra" features working on other HTC devices will work on the One, specifically the LTE Serving Cell...

-Mike

Do you drive around with the app running just to see the Sector ID change when you drive by a cell tower to see if it is the one serving LTE?

Do you drive around with the app running just to see the Sector ID change when you drive by a cell tower to see if it is the one serving LTE?

I've been doing this, and it helped me identify a LTE complete tower that was missed in an earlier update. It's a great way to identify operational towers.

• Like 1

Far more often than I should.. many "quick" errands have turned into lengthy tower hunts, haha!

-Mike

• Like 1

Did you get it yet? Let me know how it works.. interested to see if any of the "extra" features working on other HTC devices will work on the One, specifically the LTE Serving Cell...

-Mike

I got the new HTV One [M7] and the Signal Check app works Great!

It notifies me when I am in a 4G zone, and give me an details a out the signal strength of the 4G signal (and 3G signal, and 1x). I also really like the chime when I reach 4G signal.

Also, yes, I can check the cell site where I'm am getting the 4G signal.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

since i flashed the update for the S3 (MD4 BASEBAND), the sid, nid and bsid on cdma field test as well as signal check pro show -1 :(

Oh no! I don't have a Samsung so I'm not totally familiar with their updates; is that a stock update of some sort? If you could describe what it is (firmware, radio, etc) I will look into it.

-Mike

your app let me know that NV 3G was activated on my local tower. The address field you keep for 1X is now correct, where the legacy 3G was offset by about a mile.

• Like 1

Speaking of the s3 stock update. It now has multiview windows. Do you think you can make this app compatible with Samsung Multiview.

Seems pretty simple. Here's some basic code to add to your app if you decide to make it compatible. I know I would use it more if you did.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2125434

• Like 1

Speaking of the s3 stock update. It now has multiview windows. Do you think you can make this app compatible with Samsung Multiview.

Seems pretty simple. Here's some basic code to add to your app if you decide to make it compatible. I know I would use it more if you did.

http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=2125434

There is a hack to make multi-window work with most, if not all apps already, easier then waiting for each app to add the code imo )

There is a hack to make multi-window work with most, if not all apps already, easier then waiting for each app to add the code imo )

Yes, but the hack requires root, which not all users can or will want to do.

• Like 1

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2125434

Someone else had recently asked for "multiview" support and I hadn't had a chance to figure out what it was yet.. that link was very helpful. I only glanced at it briefly, but from what I saw it shouldn't be too tricky to add support. I'll need someone with a compatible device to test it out, so if you are willing I will send you a message when I have something usable.

-Mike

• Like 2

Someone else had recently asked for "multiview" support and I hadn't had a chance to figure out what it was yet.. that link was very helpful. I only glanced at it briefly, but from what I saw it shouldn't be too tricky to add support. I'll need someone with a compatible device to test it out, so if you are willing I will send you a message when I have something usable.

-Mike

Yeah i can test. I'm still stock. I was gonna decompile and recompile myself. But Sensorly didn't work well cause the maps don't load cause of Google maps api and incorrect app signature. I think.

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Tapatalk HD

Not sure what you were originally posting, but weren't you seeing -1 for NID/SID/BID before? Did it fix itself? Fingers crossed... :)

-Mike

fixed itself after i flashed a prl lol.
  • Like 1