HTC One preview thread (was "Any M7 takers?")

Feech

When ordering the HTC One at Sprint.com, did anyone else at checkout notice this disclaimer?

So, I think we have our answer regarding how removable SIMs will function on Sprint for the foreseeable future.

AJ

Good catch. It's disappointing that sprint is taking this approach. While it's not hard to swap devices online, swapping a SIM card is "less hard".

Indeed. Just login and you're good to go. To to the Play store, swipe over a screen or two, and there they are. You have to manually install each of them again, but they are there in order you initially downloaded them.

Also, grab "My Backup Pro". Best $5 you will ever spend on the store. It will backup EVERYTHING (texts, contacts, phone history, etc.). I used it when I went from my Epic to my EOV LTE, and once again when going to my Photon Q. Amazing app, and can't recommend it enough.

After doing a bit of research for the past few days, I've concluded that since my apps will sync through Google and my email, contacts & calendars are going to sync through MS Exchange, I'm going to just use the HTC Transfer app to grab my pics, videos, music, bookmarks & SMS messages:

http://blog.htc.com/...ent-to-htc-one/

It's free and seems pretty simple.

However, I am quite bummed since I'm about to get my fourth HTC phone & I'm just now discovering this app. :(

Peace,

DM

Edited by DavoM

I went to a local sprint store and they didn't have it on display yet. I want to play with it first before making a decision, after what happened with the EVO I want to be a little more cautious this time. But I hope everyone that preordered the phone gets it today.

-Luis

• Like 1

My tracking details are live as well. It was sent this afternoon, 2-day (contrary to what Sprint's info reflected) with an original delivery date of Monday but scheduled for early delivery tomorrow.

My tracking details are live as well. It was sent this afternoon, 2-day (contrary to what Sprint's info reflected) with an original delivery date of Monday but scheduled for early delivery tomorrow.

It always says that - that's normal. It's overnight, not 2nd day air.

Just went out to my local sprint store and they only got one One. Nobody had put a deposit on it so I put $50 down. Got teased though because they were like "You can look at it, but we cant sell you it til tomorrow". So I opened up the box and checked it out. I really like the look and feel. Can't wait til tomorrow :lol:

But you did not fire it up and check out the engineering screens??? I am a little disappointed in you...

;)

AJ

But you did not fire it up and check out the engineering screens??? I am a little disappointed in you...

;)

AJ

Hahahaha i know i know ....i should have asked if I could have turned it on. ^_^

;)

AJ

Trust me, I would have done that, but we haven't gotten inventory nor demo devices. We'll be getting them tomorrow. So that'll be fun, telling people coming in in the morning to come back later.

Probably would have been moot point though. I'm pretty sure i read over on xda the engineering screens were still on the retail units some people part of a VIP program got early and on an unactivated LTE device I don't think I can see RSRP values.

Do Sprint or Best Buy have store display models for them? I'm just curious to see how it works.

I was at a best buy a couple of days ago and they did not have any display models, only dummies. That may vary for locations. A Sprint store might be your best bet.

I was at a best buy a couple of days ago and they did not have any display models, only dummies.

Yeah, I want to try out a plastic dummy version of an aluminum handset. Although for Samsung handsets, the plastic dummy version should be highly representative of the real thing...

:P

AJ

• Like 7

I played with the AT&T version at a Best Buy on my way home today. Sweet phone! I like Sense 5 and look forward to whenever Evo LTE owners get that upgrade. I also thought it was interesting that the phone didn't have LTE in that area but my Evo did :-P If I didn't have the Evo I'd definitely get that phone. Since I do I'm not as compelled to use an upgrade. Oh and the speakers were pretty cool!

One thing I do wonder tho..... I've been hearing about slow charging (Anandtech's review along with random reports). I wonder if that will be a problem when using GPS with the phone. I still remember with this phone how it would overheat if you didn't use the right charger with it while using GPS. Makes me wonder if that'll be an issue.

Edited by Jaggrey
  • Like 1

Best buy sent my wife an email telling her that her ONE will be ready in the morning. Perfect timing seeing as she just shattered the screen on her Evo 3D.

• Like 1

Have you guys seen the HTC mini accessory for the HTC one? Its pretty cool but doesn't look like we will be able to get our hands on it.

http://www.google.com/#q=HTC&safe=off&source=lnms&tbm=nws&sa=X&ei=kARxUeqLEsaAygH-q4GIAQ&ved=0CAoQ_AUoAA&bav=on.2,or.&bvm=bv.45373924,d.b2I&fp=6db08cc626233a43&biw=800&bih=1232