HTC One preview thread (was "Any M7 takers?")

Feech

I would be too jsa. Hope that doesn't happen though.

Thanks! I hope yours is ready and waiting for you bright and early Friday as well.

Good News, I'm going to get a One after all. I took my EVO LTE into best buy to get it fixed. They shipped a refurb to replace it that would not connect on 4G. The replacement they sent for that phone was DOA. They pre-ordered me a One yesterday to replace the DOA phone. :tu:

Gotta Love Best Buy!!!!!

That's incredible--congratulations! Are you on a maintenance plan with them? If I weren't on SERO, buying future phones through Best Buy would be really tempting.

Sprint Preorders are always the same and people always get upset. Sprint's preorder system stinks.

They will ship today via ups "second day air" according to the website but are actually overnighted. Those that preordered by the 16th will have their "One" by Thursday.

If that's correct, there won't be much to complain about!

My yardstick has been a little skewed because the only preorder I've been involved in, my girlfriend's AT&T One X, arrived weeks, maybe even a month or so, before general availability--again due to shipments being held up due to a patent dispute as I recall.

I hope there's a newer firmware than the one that says "print" instead of "Sprint" on the notification bar! :P

Or better yet, no "Sprint" in the notification bar at all--we know which to which network we've subscribed! :P

Good News, I'm going to get a One after all. I took my EVO LTE into best buy to get it fixed. They shipped a refurb to replace it that would not connect on 4G. The replacement they sent for that phone was DOA. They pre-ordered me a One yesterday to replace the DOA phone. :tu:

Gotta Love Best Buy!!!!!

That is outstanding!!

Last week, I actually gave BB a shot first to pre-order the One. After waiting 10 minutes to speak to someone and then getting very little real help, I concluded these are not the guys I want handling my upgrade. I drover around the corner to the Sprint corporate store nearby and got it all done there. I know every store is different, but these are folks I've worked with before and they handled me competently.

The only decision I have left is whether to insure this phone or not. Never have before and this will be my fourth HTC phone through Sprint.

Peace,

DM

• Like 1

That is outstanding!!

Last week, I actually gave BB a shot first to pre-order the One. After waiting 10 minutes to speak to someone and then getting very little real help, I concluded these are not the guys I want handling my upgrade. I drover around the corner to the Sprint corporate store nearby and got it all done there. I know every store is different, but these are folks I've worked with before and they handled me competently.

The only decision I have left is whether to insure this phone or not. Never have before and this will be my fourth HTC phone through Sprint.

Peace,

DM

I always recommend putting it on at first. After using it for a few weeks you can decide if the phone is strong enough without it or waiting for a case to come in.

They changed the status message slightly.

Thanks for ordering the HTC One Silver with White accent. Keep an eye out for a shipping email with your tracking information. Pre-orders placed through 4/16 are expected to deliver on or around Friday, 4/19. Any orders placed on 4/17 or later will deliver in 2 to 5 business days from order date. You may continue to track status of your order on www.sprint.com/myorder. Since we are processing so many pre-orders so quickly, your tracking number takes a little longer to get to you than normal. Do not worry. If you ordered before 4/16, your tracking email may come as late as Friday, 4/19 when your phone is already on its way to your door. Thanks for your patience.

jsa - Nice to at least get a little reassurance.

THCandriod - I've got a case and will always use one. I've just never been a big fan of insurance for electronics.

Peace,

DM

jsa - Nice to at least get a little reassurance.

THCandriod - I've got a case and will always use one. I've just never been a big fan of insurance for electronics.

Peace,

DM

Sprint will treat your phone as if it is under warranty even after your year is up if you have insurance.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

That is outstanding!!

Peace,

DM

I'm hoping the insurance I purchased for the EVO LTE will transfer to the One. I need to ask that question.

btw: glad I purchased the insurance, I replaced the EVO 2x. 1st time it was bent from being in my pocket. :)

2nd time it had a problem with the touch screen. There was no fee for each of the issues.

• Like 1

I'm hoping the insurance I purchased for the EVO LTE will transfer to the One. I need to ask that question.

btw: glad I purchased the insurance, I replaced the EVO 2x. 1st time it was bent from being in my pocket. :)

2nd time it had a problem with the touch screen. There was no fee for each of the issues.

Who do you have insured by?

Who do you have insured by?

Best Buy. I normally don't buy it, but it was cheaper than Sprint, and I somehow was getting some additional credits, so it didn't cost me much.

My OG EVO rebooted itself 3 times today. I'm looking forward to Friday! I'm on the Pre-Order Wait List and have an Appointment at a Sprint Corporate Store near my work.

Looking forward to Friday! :D

I got my tracking email, too. I ordered on the 4/5 around 4:30pm ET. I'm not sure whether it will be here today or tomorrow, because UPS doesn't have any tracking information in their system yet, but my tracking email came in around 2am this morning and says it shipped next day PM. Either way will be great.

• Like 1

Guys, as your handsets arrive today/tomorrow, will one of you please confirm that the internal Field Trial (##33284#) and Testing (*#*#4636#*#*) apps are present in the final shipping ROM and accessible via their dialer codes? Screenshots would also be appreciated. Thanks...

AJ

• Like 2

The first arrival is also free to start the HTC One users thread, as this preview thread has served its purpose and basically run its course.

AJ

• Like 1

Guys, as your handsets arrive today/tomorrow, will one of you please confirm that the internal Field Trial (##33284#) and Testing (*#*#4636#*#*) apps are present in the final shipping ROM and accessible via their dialer codes? Screenshots would also be appreciated. Thanks...

AJ

Will do, if no one else has first. Power+Home? Is there any info on those screens that needs redacting for privacy/security purposes?

Will do, if no one else has first. Power+Home? Is there any info on those screens that needs redacting for privacy/security purposes?

The Phone information screen in the Testing.apk displays your IMEI and phone number right at the top. Those should be redacted. Or post a screenshot of just the Testing menu, not the Phone information screen.

AJ

• Like 1

AJ

Copy that... patiently waiting for UPS guy - we'll see if he has it today :)

When ordering the HTC One at Sprint.com, did anyone else at checkout notice this disclaimer?

SIM Card included in your new device must remain in the device (swapping is prohibited).

So, I think we have our answer regarding how removable SIMs will function on Sprint for the foreseeable future.

AJ

• Like 2

Best Buy. I normally don't buy it, but it was cheaper than Sprint, and I somehow was getting some additional credits, so it didn't cost me much.

I did the same thing when I bought my wife's iPhone 5 on Verizon at Christmas. It covers more without deductible and doesn't have a limit on replacements. The only drawback is they don't cover a lost phone.