HTC One preview thread (was "Any M7 takers?")

Feech

I just wish it had a menu button <_<

I read some where the HTC logo, with a custom kernel, can be made into a capacitive button and any function assigned to it.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

I read some where the HTC logo, with a custom kernel, can be made into a capacitive button and any function assigned to it.

Wait what?! Its an actual button? So it has 3 at the bottom and not just the 2?

Edit - Very interesting! http://www.android.gs/htc-one-logo-in-the-bottom-end-can-be-turned-into-a-capacitive-button/

Wait what?! Its an actual button? So it has 3 at the bottom and not just the 2?

Edit - Very interesting! http://www.android.gs/htc-one-logo-in-the-bottom-end-can-be-turned-into-a-capacitive-button/

it is basically just a whole panel. Same thing can be done on the EVO LTE.

Soooo i have been looking around and im still not finding a date for the one. I thought it was the 19th but now they are saying the end of the month. Is it that hard to give a damn date??

As of right now everything is pointing for the 19th, not sure why there is not much showing that. Mainly sprint site wants people to preorder via website or on htc.com.

Soooo i have been looking around and im still not finding a date for the one. I thought it was the 19th but now they are saying the end of the month. Is it that hard to give a damn date??

It is indeed the 19th of April.
  • Like 1

I just saw an HTC Commercial on TV for the first time. The MTV Movie awards is brought to you by the HTC One. I got so excited. And it was HTC's commercial rather than Sprint, AT&T, or T-Mobile. I hope it does well this year.

• Like 1

I just saw an HTC Commercial on TV for the first time. The MTV Movie awards is brought to you by the HTC One. I got so excited. And it was HTC's commercial rather than Sprint, AT&T, or Verizon. I hope it does well this year.

I have seen that one a few times, i was like "Hey! Thats an HTC One commercial! This is the first time i have seen one." Im glad they are getting some advertising out, also glad i already preordered mine and my GFs. :)

• Like 1

There's dedicated task switching button btw... The home doubles as it if I recall correctly... Double tap brings it up...

What I was trying to get at was that there's no button the main function of which is a task switcher, but I believe you are correct about the home button. For that matter, I understand tapping and holding the home button brings up Google Now. While I'm not too familiar with Google Now, I'm hoping it will be quick from there to start a search or voice search.

Not gonna happen. Xda thread already went through it and there's no sensors below that location on the screen evidently...

I just saw an HTC Commercial on TV for the first time. The MTV Movie awards is brought to you by the HTC One. I got so excited. And it was HTC's commercial rather than Sprint, AT&T, or T-Mobile. I hope it does well this year.

The other day I noticed a "beats pill" commercial with Nicki Minaj and the guy in the commercial was holding the One.

• Like 2

kckid - Gig'em! (Class of '91)

Did I hear him correctly, that he's going to put the SIM card from his old phone into the One? I've been meaning to ask this and forgive me b/c I'm incredibly uninformed on this, but will our Sprint version do that? The SIM card for the Sprint One has what functionality.

My HTC Design 4G (Sprint) doesn't have a SIM card on it, does it?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Peace,

DM

Did I hear him correctly, that he's going to put the SIM card from his old phone into the One? I've been meaning to ask this and forgive me b/c I'm incredibly uninformed on this, but will our Sprint version do that? The SIM card for the Sprint One has what functionality.

Peace,

DM

See AJ's article about the HTC One here: http://s4gru.com/ind...tc-one-for-all/

The article kckid linked was for an AT&T HTC One.

Also, your HTC Design 4G does not have a SIM.

Peace,

DM

Gigem '83 DavoM

Sorry for the confusion, but I thought the video was so funny that the guy was so giddy to open the HTC One!!

kckid - My brother is Class of '84 & my sister is Class of '87. And the video was funny.

leerage - I knew his unboxing was for the AT&T version and I thought the Sprint SIM was only for LTE or authentication purposes, but was just making sure. It matters not since I don't currently have one on my phone. I apprecaite that clarifification.

Does anybody know if the Google Play store knows what I have I currently have in terms of apps so that when I get my new phone, I just log in w/ my gmail address and they begin downloading? Or do I just need to manually just go grab the apps I used to have?

I use MS Outlook Exchange, so I know how all that synching will work for my new phone. Not worried about that.

The early upgrade fee and the phone are a birthday gift from my wife. Can't wait until Friday.

Peace,

DM

Does anybody know if the Google Play store knows what I have I currently have in terms of apps so that when I get my new phone, I just log in w/ my gmail address and they begin downloading?

More or less, yes.

AJ

What I was trying to get at was that there's no button the main function of which is a task switcher, but I believe you are correct about the home button. For that matter, I understand tapping and holding the home button brings up Google Now. While I'm not too familiar with Google Now, I'm hoping it will be quick from there to start a search or voice search.

Google now will make calls, text, navigate, search with only using you voice. I personally love Google now. It also gives you traffic, weather, restaurants, lounges, etc.

Does anybody know if the Google Play store knows what I have I currently have in terms of apps so that when I get my new phone, I just log in w/ my gmail address and they begin downloading?

Indeed. Just login and you're good to go. To to the Play store, swipe over a screen or two, and there they are. You have to manually install each of them again, but they are there in order you initially downloaded them.

Also, grab "My Backup Pro". Best $5 you will ever spend on the store. It will backup EVERYTHING (texts, contacts, phone history, etc.). I used it when I went from my Epic to my EOV LTE, and once again when going to my Photon Q. Amazing app, and can't recommend it enough.

• Like 1

See AJ's article about the HTC One here: http://s4gru.com/ind...tc-one-for-all/

The article kckid linked was for an AT&T HTC One.

Also, your HTC Design 4G does not have a SIM.

Actually the Design 4g does have a sim but of course its for international use.