Network Vision/LTE - Washington DC Market

dstrait

This sucks, always on B25 and it is starting to slow down because of the lack of B41.

I was in the DC Market and I saw plenty of B41 but where it's not available, LTE is useless. In downtown Silver Spring, B25 wouldn't even successfully connect, but 3G was fine and pulling 1.5Mbps.

Does Sprint have spectrum for a second B25 carrier in DC? They really need it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's funny, because there is B41 in the dc market

The funny thing is, all of last year, I had B41 spark at my house.  Now it is gone.  A paid member told me they are doing work on a tower.  I notice on my LTE logs that every once in a while, it connects during the early AM.

The tower ID is:  Sprint 311870 38.92665790 - 77.03618450 502 19842 04EB9C01 41

Just FYI...I've been getting good signal in almost all of the areas where I go...but I do have to admit that, there have been a few times where my phone shows that I am connected to LTE (and I even see the Spark icon spinning), but the actual data connection was so slow and inconsistent, that I have actually gone into the settings on my phone, and switched to the CDMA Only mode to force 3G connection. Since I personally don't understand the B41 vs B25 stuff, I'm not sure the reason for my strange connections, but my guess is that it has something to do with the B41 vs B25 stuff mentioned here

I lost LTE and 3G connectivity last week for about 2 hours (roughly 6PM to 8PM) and I was in several places over that period (Tysons, Springfield, and Ashburn). I figured they must be doing something market-wide.

• Like 1

I lost LTE and 3G connectivity last week for about 2 hours (roughly 6PM to 8PM) and I was in several places over that period (Tysons, Springfield, and Ashburn). I figured they must be doing something market-wide.

Same here, but in NW DC on Thursday night.

Same here, but in NW DC on Thursday night.

In some other thread lilotimz said it was a nationwide sprint software tower upgrade that COULD be causing intermittent issues.

I THINK someone somewhere said this upgrade results in better balancing between the different bands ie b25, b26 speeds are more equal than before and other optimizations.

Okay...that makes sense for me now!

I was in Tysons, Annandale, Springfield, Fairfax, and Burke this past week. I also noticed that I was not getting LTE in any of the areas either last week. Personally, I thought that the problem was with my phone, now I know that the problem was caused by a network outage.

Big news for Washington DC!

See: http://www.droid-life.com/2015/02/16/sprint-is-launching-20-new-4g-lte-markets-on-february-19/

"On February 19, at least according to a Sprint’s recently updated list of 4G LTE markets, Sprint customers should see 4G LTE connections in 20+ new markets, including Washington DC, Vail, Colorado, and Maui, Hawaii."

Also see: http://newsroom.sprint.com/blogs/sprint-perspectives/sprints-network-gets-back-in-the-game.htm

"Later this month our coverage maps will show our faster 2.5GHz speeds in portions of places like Atlanta, Boston, Las Vegas, Nashville, Portland, San Francisco, San Jose, and Washington D.C. "

• Like 2

I was in the DC Market and I saw plenty of B41 but where it's not available, LTE is useless. In downtown Silver Spring, B25 wouldn't even successfully connect, but 3G was fine and pulling 1.5Mbps.

Does Sprint have spectrum for a second B25 carrier in DC? They really need it.

Can confirm speeds < 1 mbps on band 25 in downtown Silver Spring, MD (zip code 20910). This evening I did a PRL update and for the first time saw a glimmer of band 26 though it was ephemeral and doesn't hold onto it for long. 

I have seen band 41 at dca reagan airport, so it looks like it is patchy. 

The sprint PR news report says Washington. Not DC, though who knows what they are referring to.

What is this or where is this?

DCA is the IATA for Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport. Is this the place you are trying to refer to?

Considering this is the DC market thread, I'm pretty sure he's referring to Reagan National Airport.

Ummmm.. it was pretty clear what he was talking about.

I'm trying to understand the logic twitch used in calling it 

dca reagan airport,

and not calling it DCA or Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport.

Can confirm speeds < 1 mbps on band 25 in downtown Silver Spring, MD (zip code 20910). This evening I did a PRL update and for the first time saw a glimmer of band 26 though it was ephemeral and doesn't hold onto it for long. 

I have seen band 41 at dca reagan airport, so it looks like it is patchy. 

The sprint PR news report says Washington. Not DC, though who knows what they are referring to.

Did you report the Speed Issue in the Sprint Zone App?

It's Washington, DC.

See: http://www.bizjournals.com/kansascity/news/2015/02/18/sprint-lte-sprint-spark-network-expansion.html?page=all

Sprint's coverage maps now show that Washington DC has Spark coverage! Yay!

(This DC market Spark launch was part of the Atlanta, Boston, Las Vegas, Nashville, Portland, San Francisco and San Jose markets Spark launch that Sprint's CNO John Saw mentioned would happen late-February.)