Sprint texting delay

TheForce627

I wanted to get feedback from the community. Before network vision texting on the Sprint network would often result in delays of either exactly 7 or 14 minutes and sometimes a bunch of messages coming in at the same time all being delayed. I never have this problem when using prl 00001. I figured this problem would be resolved with network vision but even when connected to 800mhz channel 476 I still get this. Is there something deeper that's wrong with Sprint's network? This isn't a rant but I'm curious.

I rarely, if ever experience SMS/MMS delays beyond a few seconds. So, your experience is not representative of that of the Sprint network as a whole.

AJ

• Like 1

Rarely, if ever, do I have text message delays. I'm an avid "texter," often sending/receiving 3000+ texts a month, and they always work great on Sprint. Unless you consider 30 to 45 seconds a "delay." ;)

Been happening to me since maybe 2010. I don't even bother texting with a Sprint prl anymore

One additional thing. Your phone may not show it as a delay. When i had the evo 3d it showed the correct time stamp often showing a seven minute delay. When i got the gnex it would show whatever time the phone got it but still a delay. I've tested that a few times

Edited by TheForce627

I have the same Text issue sporadically here in Austin. 5-10 Minute delays on sent messages and sometimes up to 30 minuets worth of messages will arrive on my phone at once. My wife's iPhone 5 has a different issue, the phone will report a failure to send even when the message is successfully delivered. Needless to say I get a lot of duplicate texts from her.

I have the same Text issue sporadically here in Austin. 5-10 Minute delays on sent messages and sometimes up to 30 minuets worth of messages will arrive on my phone at once. My wife's iPhone 5 has a different issue, the phone will report a failure to send even when the message is successfully delivered. Needless to say I get a lot of duplicate texts from her.

ok i knew i couldnt have been the only one lol

and that receiving 30 minutes worth of messages at once happens to me and drives me nuts

I have a similar issue though I've never noticed it being a multiple of 7 (the delay). But it could be. But, in general, I get texts minutes, hours, or, in rare cases, up to a day later. When I send texts the user often receives it multiple times though I've only sent it once. And my outgoing texts fail frequently as well. Really frustrating. It's always been an issue as long as I've had Sprint (12 years) but it does seem to be much worse now. I had the issue everywhere I've ever lived..Lexington, KY, Cincinnati, OH and Atlanta, GA.

I have the opposite problem. Sometimes, my SMS are delivered before I even send them. Or maybe I just had too much to drink those nights to remember that I sent those text messages.

AJ

• Like 3

I have the opposite problem. Sometimes, my SMS are delivered before I even send them. Or maybe I just had too much to drink those nights to remember that I sent those text messages.

AJ

Might want to keep a sharp eye out for this guy to suddenly appear sometime soon:

Doc_Brown_DeLorean_Garbarino_10.jpg

• 4 months later...

sorry for resurrecting this thread but this problem has been happening for years, and even NV isn't solving it. this pic shows what happened when I was connected to a NV tower. It happened multiple times on different towers.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B7zCKPwPt_14REUwd2ZDS1lXVlU/edit

sorry for resurrecting this thread but this problem has been happening for years, and even NV isn't solving it. this pic shows what happened when I was connected to a NV tower. It happened multiple times on different towers.

https://docs.google....2ZDS1lXVlU/edit

It's locked.

This can and does happen with all carriers. I know with AT&T text messages/mms have a 48 hour guarantee (normally it never takes any where near that long). So, assuming sprint has the same guarantee you messages are not technically delayed. I have had it happen from time to time in Phoenix but it normally goes away. I have also worked on getting this issue resolved for customers and tried to get clarification on what causes the issue with our (AT&T) network people and have never really gotten a straight answer. I am assuming the messages are getting held up in the switch for some reason or another.

• Like 1

Its pretty fast here, especially Sprint to Sprint. Seems fine down in DC as well. After I jailbroke, however I've been receiving several messages at once, and most of them I've already received. I'm pretty sure its just a tweak I've installed though.

Its pretty fast here, especially Sprint to Sprint. Seems fine down in DC as well. After I jailbroke, however I've been receiving several messages at once, and most of them I've already received. I'm pretty sure its just a tweak I've installed though.

are you able to check what time the message was sent and u received it?

Texts are nice and fast for me Sprint to Sprint. I've had issues sending to AT&T subscribers though; when my dad was using them it was taking 20 minutes to receive a text. Which isn't acceptable...but that's an issue with AT&T, not Sprint; texts to Verizon and T-Mobile subscribers work fine to my knowledge.