Network Vision/LTE - Albuquerque market (including El Paso, Las Cruces, Santa Fe, Los Alamos, Roswell)

S4GRU

So I'm not sure what's happening, but my phone is often showing one bar of LTE while at my house for the past two or three weeks, it always used to show full bars or almost full bars. Anyone know if there's any work being done to the towers near me? I'm near Louisiana and San Antonio. Thx!

Either your nearest cell tower is down or B41 was installed somewhere nearby and you're now getting a weak B41 (since it's more fragile).

Also, bars or dots isn't always a good representative of network experience, especially with B41. Often times you can have a weak signal but still be able to use it just fine.

Have you heard anything about sprint is holding off on adding 2.5 equipment on existing cell sites for now.

Sent from my SM-G928P using Tapatalk

No I haven't. I have seen a  couple more sites modified from initial Ericsson RRU11's to RRU31 as a part of the 65 mhz project. That is it.

Also, bars or dots isn't always a good representative of network experience, especially with B41. Often times you can have a weak signal but still be able to use it just fine.

With Band 41, anything lower than 3/4th of signal bars usually means a weak upload.

But outside of that, signal bars are pretty useless.

• Like 1

With Band 41, anything lower than 3/4th of signal bars usually means a weak upload.

But outside of that, signal bars are pretty useless.

I find that always true with Clear towers, but not always true with Sprint b41.  If I get a signal that's -110dbm with Clear, uploads are usually 300-800Kbps.  Usually with Sprint b41 I'll get anywhere from 1.5-4Mbs uploads with the same signal strength.

I find that always true with Clear towers, but not always true with Sprint b41.  If I get a signal that's -110dbm with Clear, uploads are usually 300-800Kbps.  Usually with Sprint b41 I'll get anywhere from 1.5-4Mbs uploads with the same signal strength.

Beamforming will do that for you

No I haven't. I have seen a couple more sites modified from initial Ericsson RRU11's to RRU31 as a part of the 65 mhz project. That is it.

What does band 26 coming online in Alamogordo mean for El Paso

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

What does band 26 coming online in Alamogordo mean for El Paso

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

I am not quite sure. It is positive as it means that Sprint can start to deploy in the IBEZ but I don't know if that means close or at the edge (which Alamagordo was)

• Like 1

I just drove thru it, I'm in the Colorado market

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Are you sure it was the tower in Alamogordo? There is a tower outside of the AF base that has LTE 800. I am still having trouble connecting the B26 on my iPhone or my nexus 5.

Are you sure it was the tower in Alamogordo? There is a tower outside of the AF base that has LTE 800. I am still having trouble connecting the B26 on my iPhone or my nexus 5.

No, man like I said I was driving through Alamogordo on my way to Denver Colorado.... So no I don't know which tower was the one broadcasting band 26.... Sorry about that

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Hey all. So I've currently in contact with some network dude who are helping me with a few tower issues and wanted to ask if you have any questions I could ask them about? They are pretty open about things.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

Hey all. So I've currently in contact with some network dude who are helping me with a few tower issues and wanted to ask if you have any questions I could ask them about? They are pretty open about things.

Are there any time frames....what intial completition percentage will they be at when they compelete the 1st round of upgrades for Albuquerque/el paso

Sorry, i shouldn't say upgrades there calling it modernization.

Are there any time frames....what intial completition percentage will they be at when they compelete the 1st round of upgrades for Albuquerque/el paso

That was going to be my next question for them. Haha

That was going to be my next question for them. Haha

Yup, i think at this point i think this is a question we all want answered lol. If they can get to 70% on the 1st round.. i think that will be fine..it will take a big load of off band 25 and make the network much smoother..i think 6 months is a good time frame so.if they havent started yet.. we probably won't see anything this year if they starte lets say around august we might see some improvements Q1 next year

Yup, i think at this point i think this is a question we all want answered lol. If they can get to 70% on the 1st round.. i think that will be fine..it will take a big load of off band 25 and make the network much smoother..i think 6 months is a good time frame so.if they havent started yet.. we probably won't see anything this year if they starte lets say around august we might see some improvements Q1 next year

Indeed! From just a brief talk last night, some towers should have work done by the end of this year.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Indeed! From just a brief talk last night, some towers should have work done by the end of this year.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Frankly I think that second carrier is more important short term. Abq and El Paso should have the availability to do so.
  • Like 1

Frankly I think that second carrier is more important short term. Abq and El Paso should have the availability to do so.

Yes, i do agree! A second carrier will help Albuquerque more then El paso, since Albuquerque has band 26. We will see how important these markets are too sprint.. if there wanting a fast and sufficient roll out they will have to assign a big network team to each area to knock them out in 6 months(10 to 15 heads)... sprint swapped it's pcs to t mobile 20×20mhz so idk if sprint can still add a second carrier here (i think someone told me they can). If they can add a second carrier over a software update it should of been in this market way over due.. I think a second carrier will still have some congestion on it, but it is will help

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk