Network Vision/LTE - Albuquerque market (including El Paso, Las Cruces, Santa Fe, Los Alamos, Roswell)

S4GRU

I did see the Albuquerque report. Performance is down from the last report. I did hear him say Albuquerque is getting band 26. Any new activity on that?

Sent from my SM-G928P using Tapatalk

Albuquerque has had plenty of b26 for quite a while.

Sent from my iPhone 6s using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Albuquerque has had plenty of b26 for quite a while.

How has the load balancing been so far? If sprint would get a second carrier b25 there or upgrade the pcs to 10×10 mhz Albuquerque could have a solid network until b41 gets there.

How has the load balancing been so far? If sprint would get a second carrier b25 there or upgrade the pcs to 10×10 mhz Albuquerque could have a solid network until b41 gets there.

Honestly, quite well. I almost always have usable data, which is what keeps people like us on Sprint. I think my average is about 1-2mbps

• Like 2

Honestly, quite well. I almost always have usable data, which is what keeps people like us on Sprint. I think my average is about 1-2mbps

Nice! If sprint would upgrade the pcs to 10×10 sound like it would be a really solid network

Nice! If sprint would upgrade the pcs to 10×10 sound like it would be a really solid network

Funny thing is, I have LTE almost all the way to Gallup for work.  Just a couple of sites need to get finished.  There is no Band 26 out that way either. Works quite well on the highway.

Sadly, 10x10 is impossible in the near future. More likely for El Paso than ABq.

Being in Amarillo for work the last couple of weeks makes me very hopeful for band 41. The site spacing there isn't great but on my iphone 6 I can hold a -114rsrp to -120 and still get 10 to 20 megs down.  This is the reason why I won't leave. I can wait for it.

• Like 1

Funny thing is, I have LTE almost all the way to Gallup for work. Just a couple of sites need to get finished. There is no Band 26 out that way either. Works quite well on the highway.

Sadly, 10x10 is impossible in the near future. More likely for El Paso than ABq.

Being in Amarillo for work the last couple of weeks makes me very hopeful for band 41. The site spacing there isn't great but on my iphone 6 I can hold a -114rsrp to -120 and still get 10 to 20 megs down. This is the reason why I won't leave. I can wait for it.

Coverage wise, sprint blow t mobile out of the park!

Funny thing is, I have LTE almost all the way to Gallup for work. Just a couple of sites need to get finished. There is no Band 26 out that way either. Works quite well on the highway.

Being in Amarillo for work the last couple of weeks makes me very hopeful for band 41. The site spacing there isn't great but on my iphone 6 I can hold a -114rsrp to -120 and still get 10 to 20 megs down. This is the reason why I won't leave. I can wait for it.

Traveled to forth stockon, tx and sprint performed much better!

Sprint is going to use 60 mhz for 3CA. is that even possible in our markets?

Sprint is going to use 60 mhz for 3CA. is that even possible in our markets?

From the spectrum dashboard, I have calculated that sprint has upwards to 100mhz in ABQ. I haven't done El Paso.  Sprint has enough 2.5 to have 5 carriers of band 41 if possible/needed which means they can aggregate 3 (3xCA and a 2xCA).

That spectrum alone in ABQ beats all of Tmo spectrum portfolio including AWS-3 they just bought. Let that blow your mind...

From the spectrum dashboard, I have calculated that sprint has upwards to 100mhz in ABQ. I haven't done El Paso. Sprint has enough 2.5 to have 5 carriers of band 41 if possible/needed which means they can aggregate 3 (3xCA and a 2xCA).

That spectrum alone in ABQ beats all of Tmo spectrum portfolio including AWS-3 they just bought. Let that blow your mind...

Wow! So, i assume sprint spectrum portfolio in el paso should be similar to Albuquerques...you are right that is mind blowing.

Wow! So, i assume sprint spectrum portfolio in el paso should be similar to Albuquerques...you are right that is mind blowing.

Like all problems we have, Sprint needs to deploy the equipment necessary for us to access. I still think it will start later on this year (Sept/Oct) is what I am hoping.  If not, ok I'm a bad guesser. Nice part would be, the equipment should be fired up with at least two carriers going if not three. 

Like all problems we have, Sprint needs to deploy the equipment necessary for us to access. I still think it will start later on this year (Sept/Oct) is what I am hoping. If not, ok I'm a bad guesser. Nice part would be, the equipment should be fired up with at least two carriers going if not three.

The only thing that i am skeptic about...is site spacing...i know small cells is in the works, but that's a whole nother project. I know beamforming will get it close to b25 but not quite

Like all problems we have, Sprint needs to deploy the equipment necessary for us to access. I still think it will start later on this year (Sept/Oct) is what I am hoping. If not, ok I'm a bad guesser. Nice part would be, the equipment should be fired up with at least two carriers going if not three.

Also, at this point is any completion date acceptable for you. Are you really willing to wait it out?

Also, at this point is any completion date acceptable for you. Are you really willing to wait it out?

The network compared to three or four years ago is night and day. I'm not leaving bc I don't have huge speed tests. I don't watch video on my phone. That's why I have a roku or chromecast.

My plan with 5 phones is more affordable for me than if I left. Also I travel too much to rural NM to switch to tmo. There is places I go that Verizon and sprint are the only ones that work. Right now I am satisfied. When band 41 comes that's icing on the cake.

• Like 2

The network compared to three or four years ago is night and day. I'm not leaving bc I don't have huge speed tests. I don't watch video on my phone. That's why I have a roku or chromecast.

My plan with 5 phones is more affordable for me than if I left. Also I travel too much to rural NM to switch to tmo. There is places I go that Verizon and sprint are the only ones that work. Right now I am satisfied. When band 41 comes that's icing on the cake.

Even city like San Diego doesn't have B41 everywhere. It is coming and 3XCA is around the corner.

• 2 weeks later...

I believe I have found Sprint band 41 permits in the ABQ system. I will be updating the premier spreadsheet soon. Keep your eyes peeled.

Woo hoo!

Sent from OnePlus 2 using Tapatalk

If things are finally moving in Albuquerque, that means things should be rolling soon in El Paso as well!

Yes! Great news... just one question. Is site spacing a big issue on b41? I heard it can be, but beamforming does help out a lot.

Yes! Great news... just one question. Is site spacing a big issue on b41? I heard it can be, but beamforming does help out a lot.

It depends. In cities, usually not. If they used PCS spacing, meaning sites are spaced such that signal just barely overlaps on 1900, that usually means there will be a drop in B41 between sites. But in cities, sites are generally not that far apart because they are built more for capacity than for wide coverage. 

sprint in ft stockton tx...idk if theres a thread for it.. i figured since its closer to el paso ill post it here

That's technically the West Texas market. I believe there is a thread for that market, I haven't seen it used in a while though.

That's technically the West Texas market. I believe there is a thread for that market, I haven't seen it used in a while though.

Thanks! Band 41 carrier aggregated is amzing even at 105 dbm.. im getting almost 60 mbps 0bfdc3cad7a2d26efa97d869f64aa2e7.jpg

• Like 2