Network Vision/LTE - Albuquerque market (including El Paso, Las Cruces, Santa Fe, Los Alamos, Roswell)

S4GRU

Again I can't guarantee that but if El Paso gets this 20x20 PCS which the FCC will likely approve then Sprint is going to be a good option within the next 2 years. I wouldn't recommend Sprint at the moment in El Paso since most of the market looks to be 5x5 PCS and that's it. Obviously that doesn't cut it in 2016.

Well, sprint gave the 20×20 pcs to t mobile in the swap.. to gain more pcs spectrum in higher priority markets

Sent from my SM-G928P using Tapatalk

Well, sprint gave the 20×20 pcs to t mobile in the swap.. to gain more pcs spectrum in higher priority markets

My bad hehehe. So even without PCS eventually 3xCA band 41 will be just fine also. It's a matter of how long. El Paso doesn't seem to be a high priority market to Sprint.

My bad hehehe. So even without PCS eventually 3xCA band 41 will be just fine also. It's a matter of how long. El Paso doesn't seem to be a high priority market to Sprint.

Exactly.... and test driving t mobile with the congestion isn't much better....who will fix it first in your opinion t mobile or sprint

Exactly.... and test driving t mobile with the congestion isn't much better....who will fix it first in your opinion t mobile or sprint

I don't know what kind of voodoo magic T-Mobile engineers do here in Florida but they started almost a year after Sprint and leaped over them in data speed. Sprint is just not as fast at deployment as them so I will say T-Mobile. Plus the fact that T-Mobile is trying to get 40mhz of PCS there tells me that its a higher priority market to them than it is for Sprint.

Sprint received spectrum as well, putting them in a better position in El Paso. A second carrier will be possible once the trading is complete.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

Sprint received spectrum as well, putting them in a better position in El Paso. A second carrier will be possible once the trading is complete.

What would be the turn around...how long would it take to go live

I don't know what kind of voodoo magic T-Mobile engineers do here in Florida but they started almost a year after Sprint and leaped over them in data speed. Sprint is just not as fast at deployment as them so I will say T-Mobile. Plus the fact that T-Mobile is trying to get 40mhz of PCS there tells me that its a higher priority market to them than it is for Sprint.

Which device do you use ?

I phones 6s plus are the radios really bad

No they are good but not as good as the note 5. My friend has a iphone 6s plus on Sprint and his LTE signal is never as good as mine

And I mean "never".

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

No they are good but not as good as the note 5. My friend has a iphone 6s plus on Sprint and his LTE signal is never as good as mine

And I mean "never".

I wonder why...would it make a difference on what carrier you are on... im getting the i phone 6s plus for t mobile

I wonder why...would it make a difference on what carrier you are on... im getting the i phone 6s plus for t mobile

Rf performance is completely different for any carrier or device. No device is the same. The iphone on tmobile rf could be amazing on tmobile but average on Verizon. The fcc docs tell you but it does not always match up. Example the Sprint Note 5 wqs suppose to be average on all bands but real world reports say that they are much better than what the fcc tested. There is no way of knowing until you have the device. How I determine is I go to the store and look at all of the rf performance on each device. Its the best way in my opinion. Just make sure they are connected to the same tower and sector.

Can this be added by software since these are network vision sites or will it require visits to the towers?

29595d1cd1cf6a72a69227da8d6f346c.jpg 700 mhz on band 2 can't be??

EARFCN of 700 indicates a center downlink frequency of 1940mhz and a center uplink frequency of 1860mhz. Looks like it's in the a block.

• Like 1

Rf performance is completely different for any carrier or device. No device is the same. The iphone on tmobile rf could be amazing on tmobile but average on Verizon. The fcc docs tell you but it does not always match up. Example the Sprint Note 5 wqs suppose to be average on all bands but real world reports say that they are much better than what the fcc tested. There is no way of knowing until you have the device. How I determine is I go to the store and look at all of the rf performance on each device. Its the best way in my opinion. Just make sure they are connected to the same tower and sector.

does tmo support multi band CA, aren't their antennae/rrh limited to legacy builds?

Yes, consistent Tmo discussion belongs in another thread. Thanks.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I just saw the rootmetrics report for ABQ for the 1st half 2016.  Really depressing.

I'd say so too. Wow! Didn't even win anything. =/ Come on Sprint, get your butts moving!

• Like 2

My buddy at sprint said..." the reason sprint is stalling on network upgrades in el paso/Albuquerque, because there market share is so slim that they wouldn't see a return on investment. It would be a lose lose situation. He said the only thing they might do this year is convert remaining legacy sites and that's about it...any opinions ??

My buddy at sprint said..." the reason sprint is stalling on network upgrades in el paso/Albuquerque, because there market share is so slim that they wouldn't see a return on investment. It would be a lose lose situation. He said the only thing they might do this year is convert remaining legacy sites and that's about it...any opinions ??

Completing the remaining legacy sites would be good. Im not surprised that Sprint has a low market share. Just remember, someone always has to be last. Sadly the Albuquerque market is one of those markets.

• Like 1

Completing the remaining legacy sites would be good. Im not surprised that Sprint has a low market share. Just remember, someone always has to be last. Sadly the Albuquerque market is one of those markets.

I did see the Albuquerque report. Performance is down from the last report. I did hear him say Albuquerque is getting band 26. Any new activity on that?