Network Vision/LTE - Albuquerque market (including El Paso, Las Cruces, Santa Fe, Los Alamos, Roswell)

S4GRU

• 2 weeks later...

So far that is 5 sites... i will check in the coming weeks i hope they can get most sites done by summer.

Sent from my SM-G928P using Tapatalk

Doesn't El Paso have like 80 sites top? I've never counted them, but if they did approve enough funding for it they could have all of El Paso fitted with B41 by summer. They won't,but I'm saying they could.

• Like 1

Doesn't El Paso have like 80 sites top? I've never counted them, but if they did approve enough funding for it they could have all of El Paso fitted with B41 by summer. They won't,but I'm saying they could.

Ya it is unlikely to get funding for all 80 sites . I never really knew how many sites el paso has. All i know is they need more sites. I hope they can at least get within the 50 to 70% completition rate

I have a spread sheet and in El Paso municipality alone (which I assume this site will only query), there are 45 total locations. As of last count, 37 of those had LTE accepted. I have not been down in EP for at lease a year to check on the additional locations.

I have a spread sheet and in El Paso municipality alone (which I assume this site will only query), there are 45 total locations. As of last count, 37 of those had LTE accepted. I have not been down in EP for at lease a year to check on the additional locations.

This has to be a good sign tho. How long you think it will take sprint to get band 41 to a decent percentage

This has to be a good sign tho. How long you think it will take sprint to get band 41 to a decent percentage

each permit is open for 6months. Last time EP was the fist city in the Albuquerque market to get LTE (attributable to access to fibber or AVV). Once the permit is in place, a team could roll in and do all open permits on a week or so. It is actually pretty quick. The question I have is when they do this if they will activate at least two carriers. Instantly getting 40mz more capacity is huge.
  • Like 1

each permit is open for 6months. Last time EP was the fist city in the Albuquerque market to get LTE (attributable to access to fibber or AVV). Once the permit is in place, a team could roll in and do all open permits on a week or so. It is actually pretty quick. The question I have is when they do this if they will activate at least two carriers. Instantly getting 40mz more capacity is huge.

I think they will active 3 at 60 MHz .. I'm sure they can do it here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think they will active 3 at 60 MHz .. I'm sure they can do it here

From looking at my spectrum map that I did over the 2.5 spectrum, I believe that Sprint has over 100 mhz for deployment.  I don't think they will deploy them with 3 carriers out from the start. I think they will make two with out CA. Then have a team specialized for the remainder follow. However, having two additional carriers at 20mhz for download would be huge (obvi look at other markets). In addition, EP could expand B25 to a additional carrier. I don't believe if the carrier can be 10x10 though.

• Like 1

From looking at my spectrum map that I did over the 2.5 spectrum, I believe that Sprint has over 100 mhz for deployment.  I don't think they will deploy them with 3 carriers out from the start. I think they will make two with out CA. Then have a team specialized for the remainder follow. However, having two additional carriers at 20mhz for download would be huge (obvi look at other markets). In addition, EP could expand B25 to a additional carrier. I don't believe if the carrier can be 10x10 though.

This is all of my hope for ABQ as well. Ive noticed now with people with Tmo that I can keep signal deep in buildings with B26 and they are dropping but that is not holding as Ive seen the B12 antennae are being put up all over the city.

• Like 1

This is all of my hope for ABQ as well. Ive noticed now with people with Tmo that I can keep signal deep in buildings with B26 and they are dropping but that is not holding as Ive seen the B12 antennae are being put up all over the city.

great info ! Do you think El Paso/alb have enough towers to have a good experience on band 41? Do you think our markets will have a big enough budget for future enhancements.. such as small cells ,additional band 41, additional Marco sites.. I know you guys already have band 26.. do you think sprint is going to add band 26 equipment so when it's cleared it will go live a lot sooner. Just by reading this sound like a lot of work sprint has to do here to gain on the competition

From looking at my spectrum map that I did over the 2.5 spectrum, I believe that Sprint has over 100 mhz for deployment. I don't think they will deploy them with 3 carriers out from the start. I think they will make two with out CA. Then have a team specialized for the remainder follow. However, having two additional carriers at 20mhz for download would be huge (obvi look at other markets). In addition, EP could expand B25 to a additional carrier. I don't believe if the carrier can be 10x10 though.

If it's a new deployment, they'll do 3 carriers from the start (assuming backhaul is in place). CA will be enabled by default, at least 2xCA. It sounds like they have 3xCA enabled on a lot of sites, but haven't flipped the master switch yet allowing consumer devices to actually use it.

From what I've seen, if the site supports 3 carriers, and the backhaul is there, they turn on all 3. No reason not to.

Sent from my Pixel XL

• Like 1

If it's a new deployment, they'll do 3 carriers from the start (assuming backhaul is in place). CA will be enabled by default, at least 2xCA. It sounds like they have 3xCA enabled on a lot of sites, but haven't flipped the master switch yet allowing consumer devices to actually use it.

From what I've seen, if the site supports 3 carriers, and the backhaul is there, they turn on all 3. No reason not to.

Sent from my Pixel XL

I agree ! I would assume given sprint history in El Paso their is not proper backhaul in place

I agree ! I would assume given sprint history in El Paso their is not proper backhaul in place

It depends how it was provisioned and how much capacity their supplier has. It may be as simple as calling up the backhaul provider and asking for more bandwidth (akin to upgrading your home internet speed). That was supposedly the point of NV 1.0, get (usually fiber) backhaul in place that can be easily upgraded for more capacity. No site visits or additional cables.

Sent from my Pixel XL

• Like 1

It depends how it was provisioned and how much capacity their supplier has. It may be as simple as calling up the backhaul provider and asking for more bandwidth (akin to upgrading your home internet speed). That was supposedly the point of NV 1.0, get (usually fiber) backhaul in place that can be easily upgraded for more capacity. No site visits or additional cables.

Sent from my Pixel XL

Which I'm hopping that's the case. I wanna say they used time warner for backhaul .. i mean just look it's 2017 and we still have not one live band 41 site...

Which I'm hopping that's the case. I wanna say they used time warner for backhaul .. i mean just look it's 2017 and we still have not one live band 41 site...

Time Warner *should* have the capacity in place to upgrade them. B41 antennas and radios cost more money. Increasing backhaul capacity is much cheaper by comparison.

That being said, if there isn't much load on the sites, they may keep some carriers off and lower the backhaul bill. Then turn them on as usage increases.

In a lot of markets though (SF, Pittsburgh, and I believe Columbus), during peak hours even with 10x10 B25 (or 2 5x5 or in the case of Columbus, a 5x5 and 10x10) and 3 41 carriers, sites are getting over capacity. In SF I found a test site near Napa that was running at least 5 carriers (likely 6). My guess is that if backhaul and spectrum isn't an issue, they'll jump straight from 3 to 6 carriers (but still only allow 3 to be aggregated at a time).

Sent from my Pixel XL

Time Warner *should* have the capacity in place to upgrade them. B41 antennas and radios cost more money. Increasing backhaul capacity is much cheaper by comparison.

That being said, if there isn't much load on the sites, they may keep some carriers off and lower the backhaul bill. Then turn them on as usage increases.

In a lot of markets though (SF, Pittsburgh, and I believe Columbus), during peak hours even with 10x10 B25 (or 2 5x5 or in the case of Columbus, a 5x5 and 10x10) and 3 41 carriers, sites are getting over capacity. In SF I found a test site near Napa that was running at least 5 carriers (likely 6). My guess is that if backhaul and spectrum isn't an issue, they'll jump straight from 3 to 6 carriers (but still only allow 3 to be aggregated at a time).

Sent from my Pixel XL

Great info ! I just lost a lot of faith in sprint here In El Paso . It is taking them way to long to bring band 41

Great info ! I just lost a lot of faith in sprint here In El Paso . It is taking them way to long to bring band 41

It just depends if your site spacing allows the majority of users to be on B41. HPUE and small cells will help, if any are planned for your market. HPUE at least won't cost Sprint anything and will be available immediately to capable devices (new currently unlaunched devices).

Sent from my Pixel XL

It just depends if your site spacing allows the majority of users to be on B41. HPUE and small cells will help, if any are planned for your market. HPUE at least won't cost Sprint anything and will be available immediately to capable devices (new currently unlaunched devices).

Sent from my Pixel XL

What do you think a realistic time frame for sprint is to be at a 50 to 70% completion rate on band 41

What do you think a realistic time frame for sprint is to be at a 50 to 70% completion rate on band 41

Depends on the market... In Pittsburgh city pretty much all sites have B41. In SF as well, but there are some straggler sites, likely permit reasons (stealth sites on historic landmarks).

Sent from my Pixel XL

9d53ad0f064b4f2331c71dada4354d45.png another site under review for modifications. Now I'm more convinced that sprint has a decent funding set aside to have a good amount of sites converted to band 41

The 1600 airway says it's ready for inspeaction, have you checked it out to see if they have 2 panels in each sector?

The 1600 airway says it's ready for inspeaction, have you checked it out to see if they have 2 panels in each sector?

it's on top of a Marriott hotel :( hard to see the the panels. I will take a pic to see if you can make out anything

it's on top of a Marriott hotel :( hard to see the the panels. I will take a pic to see if you can make out anything

I'm inclined to say the NV panels are the ones handing off the side of the building. The new panels should be right there next to them.

• Like 1