Network Vision/LTE - Albuquerque market (including El Paso, Las Cruces, Santa Fe, Los Alamos, Roswell)

S4GRU

One thing I notice this week while looking at the City ABQ construction page is there is a lot of fiber work being done around town, mostly Centurylink and a few contractors. I hope this helps Sprint.

• Like 2

I believe I have found Sprint band 41 permits in the ABQ system. I will be updating the premier spreadsheet soon. Keep your eyes peeled.

Will you let us know when you have it updated please.

I am hoping Alamogordo might get done around the same time. [emoji120]

• Like 1

Been awhile since I have seen numbers this high. Things have been good this last week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wish u had signal check pro.... those speed are hinting towards a second carrier on band 25

Sent from my SM-G928P using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Wish u had signal check pro.... those speed are hinting towards a second carrier on band 25

Yes those are!  Go into Fieldtest mode (*3001#12345#*) and see what your EAFRN is!

I thought that this would happen in ABQ or Santa Fe first as both cities have band 25 and 26 widely deployed but apparently Alamagordo needed it more!

• Like 1

Yes those are! Go into Fieldtest mode (*3001#12345#*) and see what your EAFRN is!

I thought that this would happen in ABQ or Santa Fe first as both cities have band 25 and 26 widely deployed but apparently Alamagordo needed it more!

What would it say? I have the 6+ so I do not think it does CA.

What would it say? I have the 6+ so I do not think it does CA.

We are looking for the DL EARFCN on Band 25, to see if there is a second carrier. There is no CA on Band 25, but the second carrier doubles capacity which could account for the faster speeds you are seeing.

Any update on speeds and have you been able to look at the fieldtest screen?

Well, el paso has new tower sites going live. I was in 4 areas where my dbms were much lower then normal. I used to be at about 105dbms when i went it dropped down to 72 dbms 8266b1706f0d49d6285346497966f2a2.jpg220218fa780e8fd16aba555247022272.jpg

Any update on speeds and have you been able to look at the fieldtest screen?

Seems like sprint is looking for a solid b41 build out by fixing some of the tower spacing issues. Since 800 mhz can't be used anytime soon. Would be a similar experince such as las vegas.

Okay so this is what I got tonight at work using my nexus 5. I am on sector one at work and two at home. I have never gotten anything close to these speeds at home. These have only been this fast about the last week or so.

Signal screen shoot also.

d34da92d207ec80d85e19f1a15aa89a4.jpg3bb8011a197293bfbc83c16e01a8a222.jpg

• Like 2

Okay so this is what I got tonight at work using my nexus 5. I am on sector one at work and two at home. I have never gotten anything close to these speeds at home. These have only been this fast about the last week or so.

No 2nd carrier , but there could be another tower site that went live that took some of the congestion of the sectors...in el paso in 4 different areas new tower sites have gone live..

For the 1st half of 16 i don't think we will see anything related to b41. For the 2nd half of 16 i think we will see b41 starting this summer (i hope anyways) so, we should go live with 3× carrier aggregation!

So it's that at almost midnight? That's probably why

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

So it's that at almost midnight? That's probably why

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

It might be possible that Sprint launched 10x10 if that's possible in your market. Might have to confirm with an engineering screen. 

• Like 3

It might be possible that Sprint launched 10x10 if that's possible in your market. Might have to confirm with an engineering screen. 

With that kind of download, I would expect to see better upload. My bet is there is a new site online that has taken some of the burden from the tested site.

• Like 1

With that kind of download, I would expect to see better upload. My bet is there is a new site online that has taken some of the burden from the tested site.

Its happening in el paso. There filling in coverage gaps with new cell sites. I hope its preparing for bigger upgrades to come!

That was kinda my thought too, the upload seems a bit low. But then again, his signal is not great for B25. So it can go either way.

f8b114da7bd122302715144b8d79e240.jpg looks like el paso is getting some band 41 action in the next few months

I wonder how far out their system can track upcoming upgrades?  We talking 6 months?  3 months?  I had reached out to @Sprintcare on Twitter and found that they had a scheduled upgrade that was 3 months out.

• Like 1

I wonder how far out their system can track upcoming upgrades? We talking 6 months? 3 months? I had reached out to @Sprintcare on Twitter and found that they had a scheduled upgrade that was 3 months out.

That's what they told me... it starts at 6 months then goes down to 3 months... after the 3 month they would be able to give an actual date of completion. Just them adding 2 new tower sites is a win in my playbook

Looks like it. Im trying to track down a time frame

It all depends when they start it. They had to wait to launch LTE plus in NYC until the judge approved the ordeal since they had to wait for WiMAX contracts to expire before launching it. It took them 2 months to cover the entire city so my guess is they'll cover all if not most of el Paso in a couple weeks since it's not rip and replace and the equipment is actually at the sites ready to go.