Network Vision/LTE - SF Bay Market

breakaes

Wimax is getting converted.  Some of Sprint Spark is most likely active in SF because of existing Wimax sites. Did anyone with data card/modem find any Sprint Spark in SF?  

Wimax is getting converted.  Some of Sprint Spark is most likely active in SF because of existing Wimax sites. Did anyone with data card/modem find any Sprint Spark in SF?  

But it doesn't really matter, since no tri-band phones will have access to the network until an OTA update comes out in 2014. A good amount of downtown is covered in 2.6 Ghz. 

But it doesn't really matter, since no tri-band phones will have access to the network until an OTA update comes out in 2014. A good amount of downtown is covered in 2.6 Ghz. 

Actually a few tri band phones will have access to it next week. Including the Samsung Galaxy Mini, Mega and also the HTC ONE Max.

Edited by nexgencpu
  • Like 1

If I can ever get over 1mb in downtown sf I would literally pass out in happiness. Hope sf one day gets on sprints radar for improved or just even usable lte in the near future.

They are Def on the radar. That Engadget piece about sprint lte a few weeks back took place in sf. Someone knows the system is jacked. The permits are approved. Who knows what's wrong. Maybe they are waiting for spark phones? Probably back haul. Who knows. I know 2 sites in western sf that are lte approved for months that are still not broadcasting lte. Maybe something magical will happen on Nov 8th. Lol.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Actually a few tri band phones will have access to it next week. Including the Samsung Galaxy Mini, Mega and also the HTC ONE Max.

They will all need an update to have access. It just said they would receive an update after the launch of the devices (ONE max just says coming soon, doesn't even give a launch date).  Doesn't say how soon after launch the update is coming.

• Like 1

Went to sf today for dinner and was really disappointed in the lte from Livermore all the way to downtown SF. Speeds have never been this slow or have struggled to get lte signal. In Livermore and Dublin I used to pull constant speeds of 10-32 mpbs and tonight the fastest was 8 mpbs.

I wonder what's going on in the Bay Area. I wonder if the South Bay is like that too. I'll know next Saturday when I go back for a soccer game ,

Oakland and SF lte was pretty much useless. Shame.

The impression that was given is that they would all be issued right after launch, most likely day one OTAs.

Well, you may be reading between the lines too much. All the press release says is after launch. That could be day one. Or it could be one month.

Sent from my HTC ONE

Went to sf today for dinner and was really disappointed in the lte from Livermore all the way to downtown SF. Speeds have never been this slow or have struggled to get lte signal. In Livermore and Dublin I used to pull constant speeds of 10-32 mpbs and tonight the fastest was 8 mpbs.

I wonder what's going on in the Bay Area. I wonder if the South Bay is like that too. I'll know next Saturday when I go back for a soccer game ,

Dude I would love 8 mbps. Anything more than 8 is kinda superfluous at this point in the game. I know you said 8 was your high but 8 should be more than adequate for most purposes.

Dude I would love 8 mbps. Anything more than 8 is kinda superfluous at this point in the game. I know you said 8 was your high but 8 should be more than adequate for most purposes.

Eh at 4-8 Mbps the videos I stream on Netflix or YouTube come out blurry so I always expect a connection faster than 15 so it comes out normal. When it comes to normal web browsing and music streaming 8 is adequate. I was trying to download a 251 mb app from the altamont pass to downtown sf on lte and on times 3G and only downloaded 65 mb in 45 mins

Before I downloaded a 1.15gb game from same location to San Jose at around the same time, this was only 3-4 weeks ago.

Then again I live in Stockton with horrible 3G. I shouldn't be complaining about 4-8 Mbps when I get .01-.40 download :P

Perhaps the speed/connectivity issues are the result of the way the current towers are setup. And perhaps Sprint is working on a fix, which my explain the holdup on further deployments. Just speculating...

8 is the high end of average speeds sprint is claiming their lte network will preform at. The answer for poor lte performance in SF is obvious really. The city is on of the densest in the US and not even half the sites are done. As for what the is samsung's choke point is that is something you would have to ask them about. If I lived in SF I would turn lte off until the new year, 3G speeds weren't terrible (at lest in September )

If I lived in SF I would turn lte off until the new year, 3G speeds weren't terrible (at lest in September )

3G in San Francisco is definitely faster than LTE (although that is not saying much at all).  I leave my phone on 3G.  Hopefully LTE will come along in the coming months.  Like I previously requested, 1mb would be awesome for me.  However, 8 would make me a customer for life.

I remember a few years ago ATT had major issues with reliability and speed...seemed like it was always in the news.  It's hard to imagine that now as they appear to be one of the best providers with crazy speeds.  Hopefully Sprint will follow that line of success?  That's part of the reason why I am sticking to their horrendous service.  The other day my coworker was streaming live sports on his iPhone with unlimited data on ATT.  He probably still has unlimited data for being a loyal customer through thick and thin, and is now reaping the benefits.  

I'm hoping to be in that same situation in a few months...years...hopefully.

3G in San Francisco is definitely faster than LTE (although that is not saying much at all). I leave my phone on 3G. Hopefully LTE will come along in the coming months. Like I previously requested, 1mb would be awesome for me. However, 8 would make me a customer for life.

I'm hoping to be in that same situation in a few months...years...hopefully.

Correction 3g is better than lte in downtown San Francisco. I still keep lte on because some parts are fine like lower Pac Heights, Richmond, sunset and others. If I didn't have to restart my phone each time I might force 3g only more often. And I always hope I find a newly lit tower.

Sent from my SPH-P100 using Tapatalk 2

A lot of lte sites have been accepted in the sf bay market the past couple of weeks according to this forum.

Still, pretty weird how the speeds dramatically decreased in the east bay

There's still a ton of work to be done in downtown San Francisco.

Not sure what the slow down is, but hopefully it's like the rest of Samsung's markets and they've really been pushing equipment installs and then will come back and accept a whole bunch of sites all at once. 

A lot of lte sites have been accepted in the sf bay market the past couple of weeks according to this forum.

Still, pretty weird how the speeds dramatically decreased in the east bay

Most of the sites accepted lately it seems have been on the east or north side of the bay, rather than actually in San Francisco. 

Wondering if anyone else in the SF Bay market got a Nexus 5 and is having issues with it connecting to LTE?

What issues are you having so far? I was hoping you'd spot some band 41 already. What about 800 voice?

What issues are you having so far? I was hoping you'd spot some band 41 already. What about 800 voice?

I can't get LTE to connect at all. It will flash the LTE symbol briefly and then switch back to 3G. There are a few people having the same problem. Someone on XDA suggested that it may be a regional thing.

Is the Nexus 5 already enabled for Band 41? I thought they had disabled it for default for now?

Is the Nexus 5 already enabled for Band 41? I thought they had disabled it for default for now?

Seems people are enabling it with their msl code. Who knows if it'll work without an update from LG/google

Does not work. At least not yet. I figured out how to get my phone on LTE only mode and that actually gets it to connect to B25.

I enabled B41 with my msl and drove to some clear sites in SF to see if I could get some TD-LTE love. No luck.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

uploadfromtaptalk1383791778806.jpg