Network Vision/LTE - SF Bay Market

breakaes

I live in Daly City. 4g has been there for maybe 4 months at least. And I get the same results as you still.

Anyone live near Westlake in Daly City? Every time I go there for the last 2 weeks the 4g signal is very strong but completely unusable. Can't download anything. I have to go into a store to force it onto 3g in order to do anything. I know it may be in progress. But it's been 2 weeks now if not more.

Can anyone check if they have the same problems near there.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 4

I live in Daly City. 4g has been there for maybe 4 months at least. And I get the same results as you still.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 4

Where is Daly City are you? Cause 4g is fine in most parts for me. But Westlake is always borked for some reason. I get weaker 4g signal in some parts of Daly City that work fine. Something is up at Westlake.

Anyone live near Westlake in Daly City? Every time I go there for the last 2 weeks the 4g signal is very strong but completely unusable. Can't download anything. I have to go into a store to force it onto 3g in order to do anything. I know it may be in progress. But it's been 2 weeks now if not more.

Can anyone check if they have the same problems near there.

I was at the In-N-Out yesterday in Daily City and had the same problem. The LTE signal was very strong but did not work. Clicked over to the CDMA and although it was slow, I was able to use it.

I have unusable data in fidi SF during the day. LTE is completely useless while 3g is just slow. I called Sprint and they told me to reset my iPhone which did nothing. They also opened a ticket number which will hopefully fix my problem but we'll see. I did notice that certain parts of downtown are better than others so perhaps I'm just unlucky. I get back to work next week and will cross my fingers.

I have unusable data in fidi SF during the day. LTE is completely useless while 3g is just slow. I called Sprint and they told me to reset my iPhone which did nothing. They also opened a ticket number which will hopefully fix my problem but we'll see. I did notice that certain parts of downtown are better than others so perhaps I'm just unlucky. I get back to work next week and will cross my fingers.

I was going to reply to you in the how good is NV really thread but it got locked - I looked over the maps of financial district and it is not totally built out yet, none of SF is. I would expect your service to get better once all the towers there are upgraded. I just wanted to give you some hope and let you know that you're not experiencing completed NV, not even completed LTE 1900 NV. Even with your current phone (that is to say even without a triband phone) you should see much better performance once some more towers go online in the Financial District and SOMA.

God I wish I could. That looks incredibly fun. I wonder how they managed to close down all those streets to film that.

http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2012/07/10/streets-of-san-francisco-star-in-rally-car-viral-video/

That meant even blocking off the Bay Bridge, to a degree. While it looks in the video like the bridge is completely empty of traffic, the California Highway Patrol simply slowed down cars for a short while, leaving a broad expanse for the production crew to shoot their scenes in front of them. It was all done in just a couple of takes.

“Usually when you do a shot like that, (you) take a lot of time to set up the camera and get the camera moving perfectly,” said Block. “Because we had such a short amount of time out on the bridge, it was done very rushed.

“I don’t think we interrupted traffic too much that Saturday morning,” said Block. “But I thank the citizens of San Francisco for putting up with us. And let me make a few tire marks on the bridge.”

As for those tread marks on the bridge and on city streets? “Well, you shouldn’t be able to see those anymore,” said Susannah Greason Robbins with the citys Film Commission. “Production is required to hire the city to come and clean up those marks.”

Filming took four days of off-hours shooting. There were no Muni disruptions, no commute traffic was blocked.

The city’s take: one million dollars for what is essentially a 10-minute commercial for skateboard shoes, which are seen for about 20 seconds.

Just picked up band 41 on my Zing for the first time ever today. This was North San Jose (or perhaps Santa Clara, never sure where the city line is) on N. First between Tasman and Montague/San Tomas. I was driving in traffic, so didn't have time or attention for a speed test. Still, that is impressive.

FWIW, that area has good WiMax coverage, so plenty of (former) Clearwire sites all around.

• Like 1

Hello forum, first post. Found the forum researching LTE (or lack thereof) in my area. I live in Napa California and just came back to Sprint after leaving due to lack of LTE and no answers as to when we might get it. Well ironically about a month or so after I left to T-Mobile I read that Napa finally got Sprint LTE. So I decided to give it another shot. $80 for unlimited for life sounded great, and I was able to get a brand new HTC one from Radio Shack.com for only $49.99 shipped no tax. So I got the phone today and have been working on it for hours now.  Ive contacted Sprint and they checked my Sim, did the refresh thing, and the best I get is EV-DO at -93, and show no LTE at all using Signal Check. And even 3G drops out sometimes to no signal at all. So basically my question is this. Is the recent addition of LTE to my city as good as its going to get? Or is there some hope of it improving in the future? My cross streets are Trower St and Pinot Drive in Napa, California 94558. Thanks in advance.

Speaking of irony after posting this I saw my phone go into 4G twice with a -122db for a couple seconds, then dropped all data, then went back to 3G.

Edited by Custnam

-122 RSRP is a poor connection. You may be getting LTE from a distant site. So you are right on the threshold to acquire LTE but keeping it is another story.

Like CAREND suggested, a donation to this site will get you access to the NV completed sites map and you will then be able to check what sites around you are upgraded.

According to sensorly there is some lte here, but not at my street. And I just contacted Sprint again and was told that my areas upgrades were complete. So I asked if that meant I was stuck with 3G and he said yes unless they do any future upgrades here.

OK, finally found my posts. Guess they got moved here. I donated and am waiting for it to be verified? Im glad you say Napa isnt finished because I really want to stay with Sprint, and love the new phone I just got. Hopefully my area has an upgrade coming.

Napa is not complete. If you donate to the site you can gain access to maps that show the completed sites near you. I think it is well worth it.

Ok, I donated and am now able to access the maps. Where do I look to see that Napa isnt finished. I went to the NV sites complete forum and didnt see any sites that are currently being upgraded. Thanks

Ok, I donated and am now able to access the maps. Where do I look to see that Napa isnt finished. I went to the NV sites complete forum and didnt see any sites that are currently being upgraded. Thanks

Nv sites completed in the interactive maps forum