Network Vision/LTE - SF Bay Market

breakaes

Whoa is that a berkeley site in the latest acceptance rounds. I don't even know what to say or think anymore.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

I didn't even notice. :lol:

Robert from Note 2 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

I didn't even notice. :lol:

Robert from Note 2 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

At first I thought it was oakland. Then I zoomed in and said wait a minute! I can't even find that one in berkeleys permit site. Whatever! Keep em coming berkeley! You too sf!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

That isn't 1x speeds. And it doesn't need to be accepted to be on.

Sent from my little Note2

The download is <144kbps, and the upload test suttered and stalled out for a little while so I wouldn't consider the upload to be accurate. It was cool to see the download flatline at 128kbps though. 

• 4 weeks later...

So excited. At my folks place in benicia and noticed 800smr up in the notification area. It connected to the smr even though there is an airrave in the same room as me. Weird.

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk 2

uploadfromtaptalk1372481603458.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1372481616627.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1372481630795.jpg

The PRL for Android phones prefers SMR over PCS, so if there's a usable SMR signal, even if weaker than another PCS signal, Android phones will connect to it.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Xparent ICS Blue Tapatalk 2

The PRL for Android phones prefers SMR over PCS, so if there's a usable SMR signal, even if weaker than another PCS signal, Android phones will connect to it.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Xparent ICS Blue Tapatalk 2

PRL for majority Android devices have it PCS and SMR set as same priority. The Note 2's have a temporary 2000 PRL that restricts SMR due to some issue but should be shorted out relatively quickly. The Iphone 5's have PCS set as higher priority than SMR. 

Is something up with the LTE in the South SF area?  I once was able to get 10-25Mbps download/ 5-10Mbps upload consistently over a few months and now at the same sites I get .5-2Mbps download/ 5-6Mbps upload.  And this is with very strong signals 4-5 bars (-61dB).  This has been the case in multiple areas.

Edited by nebody00
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Is something up with the LTE in the South SF area?  I once was able to get 10-25Mbps download/ 5-10Mbps upload consistently over a few months and now at the same sites I get .5-2Mbps download/ 5-6Mbps upload.  And this is with very strong signals 4-5 bars (-61dB).  This has been the case in multiple areas.

Most likely the tower your connected to is overloaded as its neighboring towers doesn't have LTE yet.

@ the NHRA Nationals this weekend in Sonoma with both 800 1x-a and LTE with highly usable service. My service lags at most events in the bay with high density. Considering sprint connection with racing, possible COW or just NV locking it down. Any thoughts?

2013-07-28_15-24-33.png

• Like 1

Anyone in SF testing the new Tri-Band Mifi? Would love to see how fast they are on Band 41.  :tu:

I haven't really had a chance to go around SF testing the mifi. I've tried it in two places in SF now and haven't seen any Band 41. Im testing it in places I know I have good WiMax signal. It seems to have a much better antenna and radio than my LG Optimus G, because even with a poor signal (-108dBm) I was able to get around 6mbps on Band 25.

I am about to leave for a conference in Las Vegas so I'm going to reactivate my WiMax modem. I'll keep looking for Band 41 when I get back.

• Like 1

I haven't really had a chance to go around SF testing the mifi. I've tried it in two places in SF now and haven't seen any Band 41. Im testing it in places I know I have good WiMax signal. It seems to have a much better antenna and radio than my LG Optimus G, because even with a poor signal (-108dBm) I was able to get around 6mbps on Band 25.

I am about to leave for a conference in Las Vegas so I'm going to reactivate my WiMax modem. I'll keep looking for Band 41 when I get back.

Or you can just leave it with me and I'll do extensive testing in sf. :)

Sent from my Android HP Touchpad using Tapatalk 4

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

There's lots of 800 Voice in South Bay.  The problem now is that my Galaxy S3 drops a call when switching between 1900 and 800 towers.  The 101 & 237 interchange is particularly a bad spot for calls getting dropped.

• Like 1

Yeah still haven't gotten 800 in sf. And I was right near the epa tower that was 800 accepted but I never got it. I know its out there. Just gotta go out and find it.

Yeah still haven't gotten 800 in sf. And I was right near the epa tower that was 800 accepted but I never got it. I know its out there. Just gotta go out and find it.

Your phone will not likely look for 800 unless it completely runs out of 1900 signal. Or if you do a PRL update while in 800 coverage.

Robert via Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 using Tapatalk

There's lots of 800 in northern San Jose.  I'd guess there's not enough accepted towers to give you a good 800MHz coverage.