Network Vision/LTE - Tampa Market

Feech

Nothbound when you pass the Fletcher exit just passed the Hillsborough river on your left hand side with the powerlines.

Thanks for the tip !

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Riverview - On US-301 just south of Gibsonton/Boyette Rd. there is a Sprint tower with panels on it.  It's on the west side of the road a little less than 1/2 mile south of the Gibsonton/Boyette Rd. interesction on Cone Grove Road.  There are two towers next to each other, the one with multiple arrays is the one that now has Sprint panels installed on it recently.  Good to see some activity in the area.  It's not broadcasting LTE yet and there are other towers nearby right now that have had panels for months but no LTE yet.

There is a crew setting up a completely new tower just behind the water tower at USF.  I wasn't close enough to get a good look, but both Sprint and AT&T lost a tower when they knocked the Edge down so either of them could be setting up shop there.  This new tower is right next to the both of the COW's they currently have there.

Also, have any of you guys noticed extra panels on some Sprint NV sites?  I wanted to grab some pics of some I saw but I've been busy preparing to move all week.  Two sites I've seen what appears to be extra panels on have been the site at 56th and Fletcher and the site by the fire station on Bruce B Downs. 

Riverview - On US-301 just south of Gibsonton/Boyette Rd. there is a Sprint tower with panels on it.  It's on the west side of the road a little less than 1/2 mile south of the Gibsonton/Boyette Rd. interesction on Cone Grove Road.  There are two towers next to each other, the one with multiple arrays is the one that now has Sprint panels installed on it recently.  Good to see some activity in the area.  It's not broadcasting LTE yet and there are other towers nearby right now that have had panels for months but no LTE yet.

While mapping on my way home today I noticed this tower, on US-301 just south of Gibsonton/Boyette Rd. is now broadcasting LTE.  This one came up broadcasting LTE almost as quick as the panels went up.  Keep on going Sprint!

Also, have any of you guys noticed extra panels on some Sprint NV sites?  I wanted to grab some pics of some I saw but I've been busy preparing to move all week.  Two sites I've seen what appears to be extra panels on have been the site at 56th and Fletcher and the site by the fire station on Bruce B Downs. 

Clear LTE? Or is it an additional NV antenna?

Clear LTE? Or is it an additional NV antenna?

Didn't look like an additional NV antenna so it very well could be a Clear panel.  Would make sense since their TDD LTE network is already live here.  I'm hoping one of the other forum members here could grab a pic of one of the towers because I'm not going to be able to before I move.

Was going to borrow a friends DSLR camera to get some nice and detailed shots.  

Hmm thats odd.  Wonder why this would be. 

I asked about it here but didn't get an answer..So the normal config here that i have seen is 2 existing panels and the new panel added to the sector for a total of 3.  What I have seen on two sites is that only the LTE panel was left behind  

So noticed a decent LTE signal at my home in NPR yesterday.  I figured I would do some mapping today when I get home. just trying to determine which tower got lit up. I am Near 54 and Seven Springs.

I asked about it here but didn't get an answer..So the normal config here that i have seen is 2 existing panels and the new panel added to the sector for a total of 3.  What I have seen on two sites is that only the LTE panel was left behind  

Yeah the normal I have seen has been the two existing panels and the NV panel in the middle.   With the two towers I had previously mentioned there was a difference panel in between on of the existing panels and the new NV panel.  Odd configuration...  Did a double take the first time I saw it because it didn't look right at all.

Well I just came home from a couple of days up in Michigan and was pleased at how much LTE I found in the Detroit metro area. But even better yet on my way home from the airport in Tampa as I mapped and was closer to the house, it has become apparent that the tower closest to me may be live with LTE.  This would be the tower in Panther Trace (Riverview).  I'll be taking a bicycle ride in the morning to do some mapping but happy to see that it is up and online now after having panels for a number of months now.

Well I just came home from a couple of days up in Michigan and was pleased at how much LTE I found in the Detroit metro area. But even better yet on my way home from the airport in Tampa as I mapped and was closer to the house, it has become apparent that the tower closest to me may be live with LTE.  This would be the tower in Panther Trace (Riverview).  I'll be taking a bicycle ride in the morning to do some mapping but happy to see that it is up and online now after having panels for a number of months now.

Mapped it this morning on the bicycle, drove right up near the tower that is behind some homes in the Panther Trace subdivision in Riverview.  The tower is live LTE.

• Like 2

Tower on Fletcher and 56th just went on tonight. I'm getting 23 mbps down 7.5 mbps up =)

How far is that one throwing the signal?  I know that when I lived there I was about half a mile closer to the Fowler tower, but always got a signal from the Fletcher tower lol. Just curious. 

http://db.tt/0eg61WXW

Something odd happening today. My speeds are what appears to be throttled to right at 2000kb up and down. Tested on several sites from Clearwater to Port Richey.

Hmm that is interesting.  Curious... Do you use a lot of data, or does this seem to just be happening randomly?

Hmm that is interesting.  Curious... Do you use a lot of data, or does this seem to just be happening randomly?

First time I've ever noticed it. I do use a lot of data though, usually around 10gb a month.

Has anyone had any luck getting a solid 4G LTE signal indoors? I work near downtown (Ybor area) and the coverage is still very medicore at best in that area.

No. The Ybor and Downtown towers haven't been turned on yet. The Ybor one has panels and ruus on them so anytime now.

• Like 1